Waived: [FLA] MacKenzie Entwistle and Chris Driedger waived by the Panthers

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I don't get why driedger keeps getting waived/not used. Consistently great numbers. There must be a personality issue or something.

Reactions: Mr Positive

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I don't get why driedger keeps getting waived/not used. Consistently great numbers. There must be a personality issue or something.
In this case, it's likely trying to get him through now so they can assign him in 30 days and call up Spencer Knight [former 1st round draft pick].

So I think it's just a roster crunch situation. I doubt he has personality issues or he wouldn't get passed around the League so much to begin with and would have gone over to Europe.

Reactions: violaswallet

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
Probably not. I mean, maybe...but his technique isn't really great. He's fine at lower levels and in spot duty because he's 6'4" and can move...but he doesn't really have the most consistent save process. He probably doesn't track very well, so he's constantly very busy in the crease. Full-on hip swiveling, the whole nine. So, you get unnecessary holes...you get pucks going through you. He fades away from a lot of shots too, or at least, doesn't take ice on them.

But it's like anything else...what's the difference between the 57th best goalie available to NHL teams versus the 72nd? Probably not much besides little preferences.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Always liked Entwistle. Talent limits him to an energy role but I sort of expected him to be a 4th line staple for someone by now.
He had a ton of opportunities two years ago with the Hawks. Basically guaranteed PP time under King without ever having to do anything to deserve it. He had 10 points all year. You can't be a black hole offensively if you aren't elite defensively.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's even cheap. Maybe in this case they want Knight up?

Also iirc he's had bad injury issues so it might have caught up to him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad