Waived: [FLA] D Matt Kiersted, F William Lockwood, F Alex True waived by the Panthers (cleared)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Kind of curious if Denisenko clears if he stays in the AHL or wants to go back to Russia.

Played in the KHL before coming over, and not sure if he has a career here in the NHL.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
This (Denisenko) warrants a wow? Again…another guy who has shown little indication he’s NHL caliber. He scored 12 goals in the AHL last season, he’s never scored a goal in the NHL, his best and only KHL season was 6 goals and what is he doing for your NHL team if he’s not producing offense. He’s not the next Tolvanen, his resume doesn’t even come close.

Young guys like Sourdif and Samo have absolutely lapped him on his own teams depth chart.

Put him in the bin with other former firsts like Ty Smith and Cal Foote. It’s been 5 years and no progress. Willing to waive isn’t the least bit surprising.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Denisenko has 26 goals in about 100 AHL games. Covid year was a wash. 21/22 got injured. 22/23 was not a productive year for sure. Odds are he's a bust. But there are only so many top 6 winger roles available and he's not a bottom 6 guy. 32*4=128 jobs. That's the reality.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Never liked Denisenko's game from the start, poor pick for Florida at #15 in 2018 even with hindsight. He can go back to Russia now.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I personally wasn't sure about Denisenko's chances in NHL even when he still was 18. A flashy player he was, but something was lacked in his game. Maybe IQ. Or urgency. It looks like he hasn't changed since then.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Who would your pick have been?
At the time I did like K'Andre Miller a lot, he seemed raw but with translatable tools. Others I liked there were Veleno, Smith, Kaut.

Denisenko's play just didn't look like he had 'it'. Lots of doing, but not much happening on the scoresheet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad