OT: Fitness and Nutrition Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Nice try, but there is no personal attack in there. (MOD) You have no arguments and very little knowledge about nutrition based on our previous encounters in here. You have contributed nothing to this debate.
Sure, thats what the (mod) thing means, you dont do personnal attacks...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The majority of today's lunch (also had a small tomato soup that was listed as "may contain milk and eggs"), Mrp1b is no doubt triggered:
View attachment 118337

There's a possible cheat in the tomato soup (shown top left), and in the salad as it contains dried cranberries which are almost certainly spiked with added sugar, so two cheats thus far today.

There are not a lot of options on campus that fit these restrictions, but the salad bar works. I selected mixed greens + cranberries base, then broccoli, onions, zucchini, chickpeas, water chestnuts, (I picked those five from a broader selection) olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and tofu. The weak link was the tofu which tastes like cardboard.

ETA: There's the annual workplace picnic this Thursday, I may or may not go. If I go I'll likely cheat and cheat badly, but if I don't go it means that I'm avoiding situations to protect an activity, which fulfills the definition of addictive behaviour. So perhaps I should go and cheat and just mark it down.

I find it hilarious when vegans argue meat needs seasoning otherwise it's not good, which isn't even true, therefore it's not meant to be eaten, yet tofu tastes like absolute crap on its own and even with some seasoning.

As for your experiment, so this is day 2 and you are 2/2 for cheating? :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I find it hilarious when vegans argue meat needs seasoning, therefore it's not meant to be eaten, yet tofu tastes like absolute crap on its own and even with some seasoning.

As for your experiment, so this is day 2 and you are 2/2 for cheating? :biglaugh:
Tofu is absolute crap and soy is bad for men's hormones and should never be given to growing children, but that is a seperate discussion.

There's no experiment, just me and dramatic glove save destroying you, you have no arguments, only that emoji that you use in every second post. When i have more time i will re-educate you about nutrition and human anatomy because clearly you haven't retained much.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Tofu is absolute crap and soy is bad for men's hormones and should never be given to growing children, but that is a seperate discussion.

There's no experiment, just me and dramatic glove save destroying you, you have no arguments, only that emoji that you use in every second post. When i have more time i will re-educate you about nutrition and human anatomy because clearly you haven't retained much.
:biglaugh:

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I find it hilarious when vegans argue meat needs seasoning otherwise it's not good, which isn't even true, therefore it's not meant to be eaten, yet tofu tastes like absolute crap on its own and even with some seasoning.

I'm not treating this like a religion. I don't actually care that the tomato soup "may contain eggs and dairy". That comment was mostly poking fun at myself, like the comment about the breath mint.

Tofu does taste like cardboard, and I personally hate the taste of raw meat, though I like raw fish. I don't actually buy into the spices argument -- I love spices.

f*** the spice haters.

Separately, I just tried goat's milk yogurt as my daily serving of fermented dairy. It's actually not bad.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Yeah, no. Read the whole article, or just the conclusion here.

Final word – Does soy lower testosterone?
While some independent studies have claimed strong links between soy consumption and reduced testosterone, larger clinical analyses have found no link at all.
Data at present suggests that neither soy foods, nor isoflavone supplements alter measures of bio-available T concentrations in men, and that due to the many health-related benefits that come with soy, mean should not be afraid to include it in their diet.
What is important however, is that in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle, clever choices regarding food choices need to be made.

Does Soy Lower Testosterone?: The Myths and Reality - TestoFuel Blog

Further, I'm probably not an s-equol producer regardless. Those with the right gut microbiome will convert the soy isoflavone daidzen into s-equol, a molecule which neutralizes dihydrotestosterone and binds to the estrogen-beta receptor. But that's a comparatively rare outcome in my ethnic group. We usually don't have the right microbiome.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Exactly, all you have is that emoji and you keep proving it. You have no arguments, i've debunked all of your stupid Vegan propaganda (B-12, canine teeth, protein, calcium etc) you have shown that you know very little about nutrition, i don't blame you because we we're all programed and lied to for so long.

Fun fact:

Chicken eggs are so bad for human health that by law it is illegal to advertise an egg as "healthy, good for you, etc, etc". That's why they use the slogan "Get cracking". But the average person (you) doesn't know this, that's why i'm here to inform you about nutrition.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Exactly, all you have is that emoji and you keep proving it. You have no arguments, i've debunked all of your stupid Vegan propaganda (B-12, canine teeth, protein, calcium etc) you have shown that you know very little about nutrition, i don't blame you because we we're all programed and lied to for so long.

Fun fact:

Chicken eggs are so bad for human health that by law it is illegal to advertise an egg as "healthy, good for you, etc, etc". That's why they use the slogan "Get cracking". But the average person (you) doesn't know this, that's why i'm here to inform you about nutrition.

What did you eat today?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm not treating this like a religion. I don't actually care that the tomato soup "may contain eggs and dairy". That comment was mostly poking fun at myself, like the comment about the breath mint.

Tofu does taste like cardboard, and I personally hate the taste of raw meat, though I like raw fish. I don't actually buy into the spices argument -- I love spices.

**** the spice haters.

Separately, I just tried goat's milk yogurt as my daily serving of fermented dairy. It's actually not bad.
Clearly you are not doing this religiously. Your objectives with this though are what? Losing weight while maintaining strength?

Reactions: BeastMode420

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Fun fact:

Thanks for the info, you can leave now. :biglaugh:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Clearly you are not doing this religiously. Your objectives with this though are what? Losing weight while maintaining strength?

More muscle
Less fat
Stronger erections
Regrowing my hairline
Improving at karaoke

J/K, I'm actually mostly doing this as an experiment to see if I can, and to see what happens. On some level, as we've discussed, dieting is individualistic, so we should try certain things at some point just to see what happens.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
More muscle
Less fat
Stronger erections
Regrowing my hairline
Improving at karaoke

J/K, I'm actually mostly doing this as an experiment to see if I can, and to see what happens. On some level, as we've discussed, dieting is individualistic, so we should try certain things at some point just to see what happens.
Don't you think there are too many variables though?
Not hating on your experiment, just talking.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
What did you eat today?

Oatmeal with fruits and some maple syrup, a few raw almonds.

Roasted potatoes with veggies, assorted beans with a tomato and red pepper based sauce on white rice.

Whole wheat pasta with a tomato basil and brown lentil sauce, with some veggies added.

Watermelon and cantaloupe for dessert.

It was all delicious and i feel fantastic and full of energy. I always eat as much as i want and never feel bloated or tired from eating. And with the way i eat it is almost impossible to become a fat lard ass.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
By all means, stay and keep making a fool out of yourself.
You mean keep proving you wrong? Ok sure then i will stay.

You are clearly the one who was looking for a fight when you named this edition. You didn't think that i would destroy you so bad did you?

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Roasted potatoes with veggies, assorted beans with a tomato and red pepper based sauce on white rice.

Whole wheat pasta with a tomato basil and brown lentil sauce, with some veggies added.

Water melon and cantaloupe for desert.

It was all delicious and i feel fantastic and full of energy. I always eat as much as i want and never feel bloated or tired from eating. And with the way i eat it is almost impossible to become a fat lard ass.

My honest assessment?

Those meals sound flavorful, satisfying, and full of micronutrients. However, the cost in time and money may be a little high for some. Also, people who emphasize strength might be concerned by the paucity of protein.

But I'd like to know your recipe for the tomato, basil, and brown lentil sauce.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
More muscle
Less fat
Stronger erections
Regrowing my hairline
Improving at karaoke

Got your priorities wrong, karaoké should be #1

Reactions: DAChampion

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
My honest assessment?

Those meals sound flavorful, satisfying, and full of micronutrients. However, the cost in time and money may be a little high for some. Also, people who put muscle first will be concerned by the lack of protein.

But I'd like to know your recipe for the tomato, basil, and brown lentil sauce.
Lol lack of protein, that's funny. Everything plant based has protein in it, and those beans and lentils are packed with it. Where did you get your dietary fibre today? That's what you should be concerned with. Put muscles first lol, i'm 6 foot 2, 210 pounds with pipes as arms. All the biggest strongest longest living land mammals eat plant based. Vegan Propaganda runs deep, the animal product industry made sure of that. And you say my meals are costly? Did you look at the price of meat lately?

BeastMode420

Jan 30, 2018

Watermelon and cantaloupe for dessert.

I ate a T-Bone and it was freaking delicious and i feel fantastic and full of energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad