First GM fired next season

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Adams is tied to the playoffs, and I am not sure how often a GM is removed mid season. So definitely possible. I can imagine maybe Ottawa or Detroit being sick of sucking and make a move? Have the changed GM's in Ottawa recently?

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I feel like GMs get fired for having a bad team for too long or spending a lot of the owners money and the team underperforming. Kyle Davidson could check both those boxes after Chicago was agressive in free agency.

He'd be my pick as well. He did an OK job of collapse and collect steps of a rebuild. But if the owners want to see some success with Bedard and their spending in FA, then they might make a change if it doesn't come.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
He'd be my pick as well. He did an OK job of collapse and collect steps of a rebuild. But if the owners want to see some success with Bedard and their spending in FA, then they might make a change if it doesn't come.

Situation is somewhat similar to Craig Patrick loading up after the Pens won the Crosby lottery just to finish in 2nd to last place. I don’t think Hawks signings were as drastic/impactful but they sure opened their wallets which the owners care about.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Isn’t anyone gonna suggest the new guy in Edmonton who hasnt even been hired yet? It seems apropos for most of these threads to bash Edmonton, management and players. ;)

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I feel like GMs get fired for having a bad team for too long or spending a lot of the owners money and the team underperforming. Kyle Davidson could check both those boxes after Chicago was agressive in free agency.
This is why Jeff Gorton got fired.

Dolan pretty much gave his blessing on a rebuild, but then Gorton turned around and spent almost $20m on two players and the team missed the playoffs anyway.

I feel like owners are willing to let the team go through a process, but not if that process is expensive.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
If Islanders are going to be bad. fire Lou Lamoriello could be funny.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

We were aggressive because we had to reach the cap floor.

Besides, Teravainen and Bertuzzi were the only significant UFA signings and they signed for 3 & 4 years respectively. Good players but this wasn't Davidson saying were ready to compete and get better.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Well we haven't fired anyone in a while... fingers have got to be getting itchy. :laugh:
Personally I love the way he operates but live by the sword die by the sword and all that. ( Just realized how fitting that is😂

I think it's more likely he pulls off a big trade and if that fails than maybe.

• Haha
Reactions: hangman005

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Isn’t anyone gonna suggest the new guy in Edmonton who hasnt even been hired yet? It seems apropos for most of these threads to bash Edmonton, management and players. ;)

Yeah, I was fully expecting one to be in the first 5 replies....

Reactions: brentashton

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
We were aggressive because we had to reach the cap floor.

Besides, Teravainen and Bertuzzi were the only significant UFA signings and they signed for 3 & 4 years respectively. Good players but this wasn't Davidson saying were ready to compete and get better.

I’m just saying Chicago should be a lot more competitive this year and if they aren’t, I see no reason why they wouldn’t make a change.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
I'm not sure any GMs are getting fired during the season but if I had to pick one probably Buffalo. Another off season of puzzling moves and they are no closer to a playoff spot then they were last season.
I say this every year,
but this is the year all the young guys take massive jumps in Buffalo!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad