Post-Game Talk: Oilers def. Canucks in season opener, 5-3 (Pettersson, Miller, Kuzmenko)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

20221010_153642.jpg

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This is the 4th straight year we've opened against Edmonton and 5th year in 6. And the 9th straight year we've opened against an Alberta team. Last time we didn't open against an Alberta team was SJ in 2013.

It's like the Philly NYE game tradition, except bad. And still happening.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
So the line rushes today were:

-Klimovich won’t actually be on the roster for game one
-if Boeser is good to go, do they actually even bother with a spare forward until game two?
-Hughes status will be a big deal
-it looks like the team will be running with a 22 man roster instead of a standard 23

Pearson-Miller-Boeser
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Karlsson/Hoglander
Podkolzin-Horvat-Garland
Joshua-Aman-Lazar

OEL-Hughes/Poolman
Rathbone-Schenn
Stillman-Burroughs

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Since the Jays are done, back to the Canucks. I haven't watched much but did see part of one game and kind of liked that Kuzmenko guy he stood out, could be some good potential there with EP and Kuz especially on PP, he just looked like he knew how to finish.

Hopefully the D is magically better this year and Demko isn't having to be over worked still for wins, but something tells me it may be similar lol. Just don't see enough changes and Poolman is bad for the record.

Definitely interested to see how this team does with a whole year under Bruce Boudreau, he is the real deal and the change we saw in this team compared to bad TG was impressive, I believe in Bruce so I have hope in the team still.

But go Canucks go, start the season off with a win!

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
This is the 4th straight year we've opened against Edmonton and 5th year in 6. And the 9th straight year we've opened against an Alberta team. Last time we didn't open against an Alberta team was SJ in 2013.

What is even worse is the fact that the NHL season started a few days ago and basically no one knew because the NHL is terrible at marketing.

SeawaterOnIce

Being invaded again.
Aug 28, 2011

Still get PTSD from some of those NYE Philly games. Either we got our asses whipped or injuries happened.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I don’t see this first game going particularly well with so many injuries and new forwards/defense. I could see us getting whooped like 6-2 but hope I’m wrong

Reactions: bh53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->