First coach fired next season

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Before the guy they just hired even coaches a game for them?
He's one of the worst head coaches that's coached in the league this decade. Guy is f***ing terrible. If Ottawa was smart they wouldn't have hired that jackass in the first place. He was like the first hire of the offseason, and there were still plenty of people available. We already knew he sucked in Vancouver, then we saw whatever that was in New Jersey for 21 games.

I can't think of too many coaches worse than him who have been head coaches in the last decade. There's probably several guys who were just interim head coaches and there to coach out the rest of the year, much like he just did in New Jersey.

Maybe that idiot Freddie's brother Ralph in Buffalo. He was terrible, but that's what you get when you hire some guy that runs a football club in Europe to be your NHL head coach.

Doug Weight was pretty bad too. He hasn't been a head coach in the league or even an assistant since, I don't believe? And then you got Dave Cameron and Adam Oates, but that's getting to be about a decade or over a decade ago for Oates.

That said, Quenneville is a POS of a human. I wouldn't want either of them as my head coach. One guy sucks as a coach, the other guy sucks as a person.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The only guy really on the hot seat right now is probably Lalonde? I thought Sullivan was toast after last season, but I'm not sure he survives this one if they miss the playoffs for a third straight year. He could be fired in-season if they're doing really badly.

We heard a report a couple of weeks before the season ended that Lalonde was out if they missed the playoffs. Well they missed the playoffs and he stayed. Probably had something to do with the fact that they missed the playoffs by exactly 0 points and via a tiebreaker.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Laviolette inshallah

After the season. That seems to be the trend with coaches with this group.

First season: deep playoff run
Second season: uninspiring exit in the first round
Fired
Mike Sullivan to the Rangers really feels like something that’s destined to happen. I’ve been feeling that for quite a while.

If Sullivan was fired this offseason, It felt like it was probably unlikely for Laviolette to be fired after one season, unless the Rangers missed the playoffs altogether.

If Sullivan is fired this coming season or offseason then that sets up Sullivan to the Rangers.

Reactions: BHD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad