Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille and Blake stay)

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Excellent point. So it tells you Kings dont advance scout properly or adjust well to their opponent. There was an article posted from some Edmonton site that pointed out that the tight diamond was wrong for EDM power play and that Dallas had figured it out.
Did some quick math while thinking. In their season series, the Oilers had a 23%PP and 80% PK. They elevated in the post season for sure. It does make you wonder what happened. The Oilers shouldn't have been able to nearly triple their success rate on simple preparation.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Yeah but Matt Roy is what happens when you build a faulty dcore

He's an excellent player that will get paid and deserves it, he's a stellar #4 and a still near top tier #3, people are letting recency bias rip him apart, it's stupid

He should also not be your volume PKer based on size and net presence alone

He may not be missed on THIS team as Clarke/Spence bring a different dynamic that's needed but he was the first guy in a half decade to remotely plug what we've affectionately called "the voynov hole"
that voynov hole was never plugged.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
They would've been better off having Englund lay down in front of the crease like a beached whale on the PK than having Roy defend. Roy let every pass just go right through him.
John keep making comments like this. This is the right stuff I want to see. Roy was atrocious. He might have well not played with a stick the amount of pucks that were going through him and he was just doing ZERO.

Yeah. A gaping Russian hole that a submarine wouldn't be able to fill in.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
An Elite D AND a 1st rd pick for a top 6 forward is anything but fair

however i can see kings fans are entering a compromising phase, willing to accept stuff for stuff supported w/ some good old cognitive dissonance
At the time no one expected Faber to become ‘Elite’, and he’s not that yet, so in the context of the trade and how the players were viewed in the moment it was ‘fair’. Although I’d say lot was the upper end of fair. I’d have been much happier with a 2nd + a 3rd.

Of course it’s looking like MN will win the trade but there you go.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
At the time no one expected Faber to become ‘Elite’, and he’s not that yet, so in the context of the trade and how the players were viewed in the moment it was ‘fair’. Although I’d say lot was the upper end of fair. I’d have been much happier with a 2nd + a 3rd.

Of course it’s looking like MN will win the trade but there you go.
Not to belabor the point, but a few of us (namely me, Herby, and bland) got a lot of flak for saying Faber would be elite. We just didn't know how fast he'd get there.

But as also discussed, the timing of the trade was the bigger issue. Blake left the rebuild too early, which was before a new core established the team's identity.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not to belabor the point, but a few of us (namely me, Herby, and bland) got a lot of flak for saying Faber would be elite. We just didn't know how fast he'd get there.

But as also discussed, the timing of the trade was the bigger issue. Blake left the rebuild too early, which was before a new core established the team's identity.

Will vouch for you three saying that strongly, not even waffling on it.

I can say myself I always talked about how he was a sponge and adapted so well to situations, my dougt was his upside on the top pairing due to 1. offensive ability and 2. size. But he's obviously answering very well to that so far.

My bigger problem as the timing as you say. It's not that Fiala isn't a great player (to whatever degree one agrees) it's that it signaled we were crowbar-ing the window open for...reasons. And if that was questionable, almost everything since then has been doubling down on miserable failure after miserable failure.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
I didnt think I would have any new criticisms of the front office at this late date in the season, but:
Are you French clowns going to hire a coach this decade or what?
You have waited (months!) yourselves into a situation where now half the league is looking for a new coach and competing with the Kings for the limited talent available.
I will refer to the Kings front office as Cirque de Soliel hereafter, because what else do you call the premier French clown show on the planet?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

I was fully on the Faber train

I even had a "Brock out with your cock out" joke ready to go for every time he scored a goal

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
How come no one is asking about him possibly deviating from his job before the season starts

Blake says they’re not buying out PLD LMFAOOOOO

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
so so far, all the most depressing shit, attended only by their handpicked screened media, not streamed to the public

all my worst fears confirmed, cannot enjoy the franchise I love in 24-25.

Reactions: Schmooley

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes

1000004262.gif

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

You guys did tbf… did you at the draft? I don’t recall. I thought he might be a top pairing guy but had him as a #3, most likely when he was drafted. The speed of his development caught everyone out, probably even himself.

I agree on the timing though and the strategically dumb exiting of the rebuild.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Will vouch for you three saying that strongly, not even waffling on it.

I can say myself I always talked about how he was a sponge and adapted so well to situations, my dougt was his upside on the top pairing due to 1. offensive ability and 2. size. But he's obviously answering very well to that so far.

My bigger problem as the timing as you say. It's not that Fiala isn't a great player (to whatever degree one agrees) it's that it signaled we were crowbar-ing the window open for...reasons. And if that was questionable, almost everything since then has been doubling down on miserable failure after miserable failure.
IIRC we were fairly close in our (now wrong) assessment :)

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
So AEG is balls deep in so much money that they don’t give a f*** what this absolutely dimwit moron with 40 IQ does

Reactions: Faterson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad