Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille and Blake stay)

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
All you need to know about Blake is that he puts milk in the bowl before he pours in cereal.
A true savage.
This is what happens when you let barbarians and mercenaries like Blake inside the gates of an organization. It's the fall of the Roman Empire all over again. Blake is a descendant of the Visigoths. He was never a loyal King. I bet the crown tattooed on his ass is a phony simple paper transfer type.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
This is what happens when you let barbarians and mercenaries like Blake inside the gates of an organization. It's the fall of the Roman Empire all over again. Blake is a descendant of the Visigoths. He was never a loyal King. I bet the crown tattooed on his ass is a phony simple paper transfer type.
This is why Lombardi studied the Peloponnesian war so intensely

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Time to clean house. Until that happens there is nothing else to say really.
This is where i'm at. Talking & thinking about what the Kings should do roster wise, building, PLD, trades, new coach, etc., etc. -- it's all a waste of time & energy if Blake/etc. stick around. This was the least engaged i was in the Kings for many years....even at the beginning when they started off hot. I knew what was coming and it was not good. I didn't go to one single game this year -- I don't recall when the last time that happened. If ownership doesn't care, then why should I? Show me you care ownership, and i'm in. Otherwise, i'm on the sidelines.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
The Doughty and Kopitar era should have ended years ago. They're still good players but it's time for them to take a lesser role or them to be traded by any means necessary. A complete rebuild of the rebuild is needed thanks to piss poor asset management and development. Everyone here knew it, yet these millionaire's ego couldn't allow them to move on.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Doughty and Kopitar era should have ended years ago. They're still good players but it's time for them to take a lesser role or them to be traded by any means necessary. A complete rebuild of the rebuild is needed thanks to piss poor asset management and development. Everyone here knew it, yet these millionaire's ego couldn't allow them to move on.
If the Kings are serious, last night will be the last game Kopitar and Doughty play in a Kings uniform.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I should not be more upset about losing in my fantasy football playoffs v. the Kings losing to the same team for the third year in a row.

Lombardi got three more seasons after going Cup-WCF-Cup. Blake has been at the helm for seven seasons of nothing while mismanaging the tank job assets to a point where the pipeline looks weak and the NHL team is cap strapped. If the Lucic trade was the Lombardi killer, the Dubois trade has to be the same for Blake since it is worse with the eight year contract and on-ice production.

If he isn't canned, this organization is not serious. They still might not be serious but I do feel very confident that Blake is gone. He was not allowed to hire another coach and the only thing rumored at the deadline was moving off of PLD: it is the only thing AEG would let him do, IMO.

The 1999-2000 LA Kings roster grift has to come to an end.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Sucks to lose Arvy and Roy for nothing this off season.
Lots of talk about Dubois, but we should also look at moving Kopitar and\or Doughty. This team needs new leadership. 2014 is over, new GM needs to build his own team the right way. Nobody on this team is worth over 8 million IMO.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Sucks to lose Arvy and Roy for nothing this off season.
Lots of talk about Dubois, but we should also look at moving Kopitar and\or Doughty. This team needs new leadership. 2014 is over, new GM needs to build his own team the right way. Nobody on this team is worth over 8 million IMO.
Not trading Roy is the final piece of brilliant asset management by Bowlby. The f***ing cherry on the shit sundae.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
My Expectations for next year:

Byfield Kopi Kempe
Fiala Danault Moore
Turcotte Dubois Fagemo (Just give him a shot)
Laf Helenius Thomas
A. Lee (Just a feeling)

Anderson Doughty
Gavrikov Clarke
Moverare Spense
Englund

UFA
Rittich/Copley

All UFAs walk.
Byfield gets paid
Kings go after Markstrom or Saros
Kaliyev gets traded for peanuts on the dollar at the draft

Reactions: YP44

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I guess we'll just disagree on this one... I don't think it's a silly thesis, especially with respect to Faber. Going into this season Faber would've been at best the 3rd best RHD on the Kings depth chart and would've needed to outplay Doughty and Roy to get top 4 minutes. Meanwhile on the Wild (because of injury and lack of depth to begin with), Faber just had to be better than Bogosian and Goligoski to win a top pair RHD role. Obviously it's still impressive that he did that - But the two scenarios are very different. I genuinely do think if the Wild had a healthy Doughty and Roy they also wouldn't have played Faber in a top 4 role.

So it's a valid thesis.... Without lack of depth or injury, it's very rare for young players in the NHL to force themselves up the depth chart. So it's unlikely Faber would've seen the same results if he had stayed in LA and it's likely Faber would've also been held back in other organizations if they were in a similar scenario as the Kings (had strong depth in front of Faber and didn't have injury issues to compromise that depth). There are absolutely other teams in the NHL who choose to play established NHLers over young players - The Kings might be the biggest culprits of this, but they aren't the sole NHL organization who has mismanaged young talent by prioritizing established NHLers / not setting up that young talent for success.

Yeah I agree this is BS and another example of Kings coaching & management fumbling with young talent.

the Wild helped make a spot for Faber by letting Dumba go. They saw what they had and made at least a top 4 spot for him.

Similary--if the Kings had Faber, suddenly Roy or Doughty is expendable, but the Kings would never.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013

Byfield Kopi Kempe
Fiala Danault Moore
Laf Helenius Thomas
A. Lee (Just a feeling)

Anderson Doughty
Gavrikov Clarke
Moverare Spense
Englund

UFA
Rittich/Copley

All UFAs walk.
Byfield gets paid
Not bad, but i'd honestly buy-out Dubois. I wouldn't re-sign Copley. Moverare is a great third pairing guy that often gets overlooked. He would work great with Spence. I love adding Helenius. He brings a presence that this team needs and I think he's ready for 4th line duty. Thomas needs to be there for sure. And I still think we need to play Turcotte.

Can't trade Kaliyev for peanuts - get a new coach and system and play to his strengths if we want to showcase him in a trade.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023

Byfield Kopi Kempe
Fiala Danault Moore
Laf Helenius Thomas
A. Lee (Just a feeling)

Anderson Doughty
Gavrikov Clarke
Moverare Spense
Englund

UFA
Rittich/Copley

All UFAs walk.
Byfield gets paid
That roster is so depressing but you’re probably right. Probable 6-8 seed playoff team that will go for the sweep against the Oilers to continue with the pattern.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Byfield Kopi Kempe
Fiala Danault Moore
Laf Helenius Thomas
A. Lee (Just a feeling)

Anderson Doughty
Gavrikov Clarke
Moverare Spense
Englund

UFA
Rittich/Copley

All UFAs walk.
Byfield gets paid
This seems about right.
I would deal Doughty for Marner and re-sign Roy

Kempe-Kopitar-Marner
Fiala-Byfield-Moore
Turcotte-Danault-Fagemo
Laf-Thomas-Lewis
PLD (or bought out)

Anderson-Spence
Gavrikov-Roy
Moverare-Clarke

UFA/Trade
Ritich/Protillo

Reactions: LAKings88

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Not bad, but i'd honestly buy-out Dubois. I wouldn't re-sign Copley. Moverare is a great third pairing guy that often gets overlooked. He would work great with Spence. I love adding Helenius. He brings a presence that this team needs and I think he's ready for 4th line duty. Thomas needs to be there for sure. And I still think we need to play Turcotte.

Can't trade Kaliyev for peanuts - get a new coach and system and play to his strengths if we want to showcase him in a trade.
i agree on basically all that

let these kids that "paid their dues" eat like they let laf eat, damn the results

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
If we want this to end in typical Rob Blake fashion the Kings need to hem & haw about his future with the club, decide to keep him, and then have him immediately announce that he's leaving for a better position with, oh I don't know, Utah.
Nooooooooo lol

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
All you need to know about Blake is that he puts milk in the bowl before he pours in cereal.
A true savage.
I will defend this method to the end of time. There is ZERO reason for the cereal to go in first. It’s done nothing impressive to supersede the milk. 0 Goals 0 assists and ZERO hoes. Milk is better.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
For Blake, Luc, Hiller, Sturm and everyone in between .

Buyout Player Lacks Desire (cut bait)

Let scouting department run the draft!

Hire a GM and whatever the f*** Lucs title is once other teams have purged their organizations.

Announce to the team that we are going to do a 90% rebuild and anyone who wants out is free to go.

Don’t resign any of the UFA’s

Sign Byfield to a bridge deal and tell him kid your gonna get all the minutes you can handle let’s see what you’ve got.

Clarke, Turcotte, Thomas, and Arty get roles to sink or swim with a long leash.

Pick up a coach that develops young talent (he’s a bridge also).

Doughty wants out for sure unless seeing his kid is important.

Gavrikov most likely wants out but hold onto him onto TDL and maximize value.

Trade Fiala whether he wants out or not he isn’t worth the brain farts and is always a net loss.

By trading Drew and Fiala you most definitely get 1st rounders this year plus. You probably get two from the leafs if you retain 3 mil

Gavrikov at the TDL gets you a 2025 1st and 2nd!

Byfield-Kopitar-Kempe
Moore-Phil-Turcotte
Thomas-Vet-Kaliyev
Get guys who -can check -and shut down

Clarke-Anderson
Spence -Gavrikov (til TDL)
Get to-work

A body/ Copley

Last edited:

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
The Doughty and Kopitar era should have ended years ago. They're still good players but it's time for them to take a lesser role or them to be traded by any means necessary. A complete rebuild of the rebuild is needed thanks to piss poor asset management and development. Everyone here knew it, yet these millionaire's ego couldn't allow them to move on
For 5 years i strongly advised the press box for those 2 to adjust their trading desires.
It seems this looks very appealing these days for many people.... weird

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad