Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille and Blake stay)

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Legitmately you have to trade everyone. Byfield and Clarke included. Full scale rebuild this time, no holding back. Byfield and clarke would be around 26/27 when the rebuild is complete. Rather trade them and get firsts.

Full scale.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Congratulations to Rob Blake, Luc Robitaille, Nelson Emerson, Glen Murray, Dan Beckerman, and everyone involved in another successful season of Los Angeles Kings hockey. This team remarkably took a Stanley Cup contender to 5 games. Who would’ve thought we’d be saying that three years ago before the quickest rebuild of all time?

I think we can all agree that this beats losing and picking top-5. On behalf of ALL Kings fans, I’d like to say to this front office: Thank You and MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
We have no idea what Phil Anschutz is thinking or if he's even paying attention.

BUT, the Kings are AEG's biggest and most important sports team, which would lead me to believe he is watching.

I went back an read this article from 2014:

Dean sure made it sound like Phil had a close eye on the team and was even around the facilities.

My impression of Anschutz has always been that he's patient and willing to let a management group do their thing, but will make a change if it doesn't work out.

He is 84 years old now, but if he cares about the team (I think he does), I've gotta think changes are going to be made.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Legitmately you have to trade everyone. Byfield and Clarke included. Full scale rebuild this time, no holding back. Byfield and clarke would be around 26/27 when the rebuild is complete. Rather trade them and get firsts.

Full scale.

Who are you hoping to get by trading away Byfield and Clarke? They are the players that you would be hoping to draft with the picks you get in return... Might as well keep them to be part of the future. 26/27 is in their prime, good time to come out of a rebuild...

He's absolutely right, asset management was the main downfall of the team plus many other things as well. The team needed to play and develop their prospects, this isn't on the scouts, there's no way they whiffed on all but Byfield. Literally every single prospect in the system struggled with developing and finding playing time within this organization. Then they tried to force it by filling the roster with Danault, Arvy, Fiala, and PLD... What a mess. I guess you couldn't ask for a better tank commander than PLD though if you are going on the hunt for 1st overall picks...

Last edited:

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Two first or second round picks in the lineup tonight who were drafted in the past 15 years. Kempe and Byfield.

That’s a rough one. Points to player development and systems as the biggest issues. I think they go hand in hand.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Trading Byfield...yes...sure
Lay down the pipe
If a rookie doughty or Kopitar caliber player was coming up in the draft and the only way to acquire that player was to open Clarke and Byfield up then you absolutely make that move. Byfield/Clarke is never going to have their star power and star power is a must in the NHL to be successful.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Time to clean house. Until that happens there is nothing else to say really.

Pretty much, I expect it in about a week, maybe two.....they won't fire Blake without having a plan in place....and if they don't get rid of Luc, say hello to Beregevin.....and everyone who cried about Blake, is going to realize how f***ed up things really can be.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Pretty much, I expect it in about a week, maybe two.....they won't fire Blake without having a plan in place....and if they don't get rid of Luc, say hello to Beregevin.....and everyone who cried about Blake, is going to realize how f***ed up things really can be.
Bergevin seriously worries me. It’d confirm all of my feelings on Luc in his role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad