Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille and Blake stay)

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Right after lombardi got fired, i read oon twitter a post that allegedly was him. It said: "rob blake is an asshole and will be taken advantage of by other gm's"
I said naw give em a break.
BOY whoever wrote that tweet was sure right. On alot of levels.
Lombardi loves Blake.

• Love
Reactions: chris kontos

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
look, i'm sorry but

If ANYONE gives Blake props for creating space for PLD by working his bad deal on Petersen:

Outgoing
Vilardi
Iafallo
Kupari
MTL 2nd
Durzi
Walker
Grans
Petersen
LA 2nd

Incoming
2 million+ of Provorov's salary
Hayden Hodgson
Kevin Connauton
PLD extended x 8

and then whatever it takes to get rid of PLD

Then I am going to shit on their pancakes

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
the PLD one will really be something

where do you even start with him professionally?
I imagine it would go something like this:
mug-throw-big-lebowski.gif

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

I mean you kinda have to lead him into it so it wouldn’t come off as insulting? This is a weird position to be in.

“So that was your first season as a King….”

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Moves 1st round picks to get Gavrikov and Fiala. Lose in six games and now potentially five games.

Can potentially get a 1st for Roy to help backfill the picks moved in the aforementioned deals. Holds him and says they want to re-sign him.

He's just been god awful once it became time to actually stop losing on purpose and collecting assets. That was always going to be the true test and many warned of this when everyone was fellating him because The Athletic said the Kings had the best prospect pool.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Just addressing the bold....what do you think the system is....and if you say the 1-3-1, I can tell you right now, you haven't paid attention.....
Don’t give two shits about the 1-3-1. There is a time and place for it.

There power play is straight perimeter

There small diamond in the PK has been decimated.

There is little to no forecheck at times allowing teams to sit back and plan there next move.

Our Defenceman get beat to the puck or at least caught up to in opponent dump ins pinning the puck in our end.

System vs personnel is a debate I have. Something is not clicking. You should not have to rely on a mistake free game with no penalties to even have a sniff at winning.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002

I would leave him in L.A and tell him he has floated through his last game as a King. But what does it matter.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Sitting glass the game last night - the line of Moore-Danault-Arvidsson is totally outmatched by the size of the Oilers D. It looks like teenagers playing against adults.

The other three lines were able to forecheck because Byield, Kopitar, and PLD are big guys. Laffy was bouncing off guys too. Too small.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
This x 4,794,327,459

Fire everyone in the front office and development not named Stoll or Greene.
Get rid of the late 90's early 00's kilingons like Murray, Emerson, etc

Especially get rid of Aaron Cooney on name alone
Why not Stoll or Greene?

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
How did we go from cap room and loaded with prospects to cap hell and no prospects in two years?

Luc/Blake/Hiller should all be gone, blow it the f*** up!!!
WOW, was so excited for this team a few years back and now i can't stand them...only have love for Kopi/QB/Kempe/Laf everyone else can go to hell

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
They are winners and were hired more on merit than because they were Blake and Luc's buddies back from the shield and crown days
Do we actually know that? They aren’t necessarily good or bad coaches but they qualify as nepotism hires. The biggest difference is you like them. I like them too, btw.

It’s why I’d not have a view on who should or shouldn’t go outside of the big roles, because we have no idea.

Reactions: tigermask48

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad