Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille and Blake stay)

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
What's the first major move you guys would do? The obvious one is getting rid of Dubois but, outside of that what is it? Do you try to go at it again with a legitimate new coach in a new system or is it time to just do a full teardown and trade the likes of Danault, Gavrikov, Fiala, Kempe, and even ask Drew if he'd waive?
Tear down system. Starts with a proper goalie and defense that can move the puck. Nothing about our system adds offense.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
What's the first major move you guys would do? The obvious one is getting rid of Dubois but, outside of that what is it? Do you try to go at it again with a legitimate new coach in a new system or is it time to just do a full teardown and trade the likes of Danault, Gavrikov, Fiala, Kempe, and even ask Drew if he'd waive?
1-Buyout Dubois, then put him in stocks, and allow us each to throw subway sammiches at him.
2- Fire Robitaille, Blake, Emerson, Murray, and everyone not named Stoll or Greene in player development
3- Offer RV a 1 year show me contract around 2.5- 3 mil

Reactions: steepdrop

funky

Mar 9, 2002
I believe you can move Danault this offseason. His M-NTC kicks in (10 team no trade list)

Kempe has a M-NTC that kicks in. He can submit a 10 team no trade on July 1. But he's one I would not deal.

We are stuck with Fiala, good or bad, until at least June 16, 2026 when his M-NTC begins : 10 team no trade list.
No matter what happens, is the last one I trade other than the pups. He’s got heart, desire, skill, size, speed, and at least tries.

I would love to try and trade an aging Danault to Boston for Ullmark

The agent to be Gavrikiov for free agent to be Chychrun Pair him with Drew so doesn’t have to try and do so much offensively which isn’t his forte.

Let Roy walk. Let Arvy walk unless he signs for a very cheap price.
get rid of system. It stunts offensive opportunity.

Trade an aging Danault for Ullmark

Trade Gav for Chychrun and pair him with Doughty. Each have 1 year left and Chychrun is cheaper with better offense.

Get Mikey Anderson off the top., The place he should’ve never been as he has no offense and onto a second period with Clarke to be a stabilizer

Find Spence better bigger partner.

Never see Lizotte again. He’s the definition of useless. Replace him with a big defence oriented center that can reduce Kopitars minutes on the PK. Allow Byfield to center and PK.

Let the kids take over power play one as they are way more creative.

Jettison PLD and his lethargic play any way necessary even if it is a kick in the nuts buyout. Attitudes and play like that kills dressing rooms.

Reactions: tbrown33

funky

Mar 9, 2002
Is anyone else having trouble with the website when using a cell phone it seems to refresh right when I’m typing things and everything disappears and then sometimes when I come back on later, the text I was typing reappears. Haven’t had this problem for about a year now.

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
New GM
New President
New coaching staff
New system
PLD buyout/trade

Then see how this team does next year before you blow it up IMO. I do believe the Kings have some good pieces and I believe especially in a new system, you could see those pieces start to thrive.

Imagine a first line of Fiala - Byfield - Kempe in a system that is actually designed to generate offense.

Or a first pair of Spence - Doughty or Clarke - Doughty (with a coaching staff that will actually think to do that - And not with 2 mins left in the 3rd period... All damn game that pair generating offense).

We have some good players. But you force those players to play the trap and then wonder why LA is where offense goes to die... It's not rocket science.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Is anyone else having trouble with the website when using a cell phone it seems to refresh right when I’m typing things and everything disappears and then sometimes when I come back on later, the text I was typing reappears. Haven’t had this problem for about a year now.
Yes. If you refresh your page after the text disappears, it will reappear.

But if you click on a link after the text disappears, you'll lose the draft.

Reactions: funky

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
No matter what happens, is the last one I trade other than the pups. He’s got heart, desire, skill, size, speed, and at least tries.

I would love to try and trade an aging Danault to Boston for Ullmark

The agent to be Gavrikiov for free agent to be Chychrun Pair him with Drew so doesn’t have to try and do so much offensively which isn’t his forte.

Let Roy walk. Let Arvy walk unless he signs for a very cheap price.

get rid of system. It stunts offensive opportunity.

Trade an aging Danault for Ullmark

Trade Gav for Chychrun and pair him with Doughty. Each have 1 year left and Chychrun is cheaper with better offense.

Get Mikey Anderson off the top., The place he should’ve never been as he has no offense and onto a second period with Clarke to be a stabilizer

Find Spence better bigger partner.

Never see Lizotte again. He’s the definition of useless. Replace him with a big defence oriented center that can reduce Kopitars minutes on the PK. Allow Byfield to center and PK.

Let the kids take over power play one as they are way more creative.

Jettison PLD and his lethargic play any way necessary even if it is a kick in the nuts buyout. Attitudes and play like that kills dressing rooms.

Just addressing the bold....what do you think the system is....and if you say the 1-3-1, I can tell you right now, you haven't paid attention.....

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
My thought, a lot has to be the result of just how deep Phil wants to cut into this problem. If he believes a complete change in culture is the remedy, then Luc should be gone. (But, then Luc was instrumental in causing this fiasco.)

Blake should be gone within the very minute the Kings’ season is over. I haven’t been on the “Fire Blake” bandwagon until this season. This is without doubt, the most disappointing Kings team that I can remember. It’s directly the result of Blake’s decision making. He has the ability to collect players and make deals, but if you compare him to Lombardi, Lombardi built teams, Blake assembled players.

This is not bandaid fix, that Blake seems to think he can trade out of. This require a large-scale change, one that Blake has proven to be incapable of. Problem going forward would be finding a candidate that’s qualified that would want the job.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
The site on my phone is maddening. Almost impossible to post. Even simply viewing is a pain. I don't even bother with it anymore on my phone.

Reactions: chris kontos

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
If Danault gets traded, I hope it is for youth/draft picks and not a 30+ year old goalie, like Ullmark, in hopes of trying to win with most of the same players.

Reactions: Schmooley

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
The site on my phone is maddening. Almost impossible to post. Even simply viewing is a pain. I don't even bother with it anymore on my phone.
an office quote updated for this site

. "As a farmer, I know that when an animal is sick sometimes the right thing to do is to put it out of its misery. With the electricity we're using to keep HFboards on a mobile device alive, we could power a small fan for two days. You tell me what’s unethical."

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
This x 4,794,327,459

Fire everyone in the front office and development not named Stoll or Greene.
Get rid of the late 90's early 00's kilingons like Murray, Emerson, etc

Especially get rid of Aaron Cooney on name alone
I'll add when looking for new GM don't even consider anyone that has ever had ties to the team. Heck Cammi Granato gets crossed off the list of candidates because her brother played here.

Scorched. Earth.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I didn't even want Blake to be the GM when he was hired but this is where we are and he has actually done a decent job so far getting out of mistake he's gotten himself into that didn't work out so I am kinda curious to see what he does with the PLD situation.
OMG battered wife syndrome or what. I can just imagine Blake trading PLD with 30-40% retention along with two 1st and you congratulating him on a job well done. Talk about low expectations.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Nepotism and arrogance have been the downfall of this or-gan-eye-zation
I think surfing, Brandi and Stacia also played huge roles.

OMG battered wife syndrome or what. I can just imagine Blake trading PLD with 30-40% retention along with two 1st and you congratulating him on a job well done. Talk about low expectations.
141159_MAIN._AC_SL1200_V1517528216_.jpg

I think surfing, Brandi and Stacia also played huge roles.

141159_MAIN._AC_SL1200_V1517528216_.jpg
...and BLuc still trips over this bar and fall flat on their faces.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I wrote allegedly.
Twitter was and x is filled with crap. This content turned out to be true. The CONTENT
NOT the author.
I understand your point.

My point is that people are quick to misunderstand and may believe Lombardi himself was airing his beefs about Blake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad