Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
This picture is of Koehn Ziemmer - my fav Kings prospect besides Helenius.

They need players like Ziemmer and Helenius on this roster. These are the type of players needed to beat Edmonton.
Yeah, the quote tweet is the original article which discusses Ziemmer and Jamsen coming to So Cal.

Agreed on Ziemmer. Hopefully he can make use of summer and recover completely and getting in game shape.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
To be honest, I feel bad for Hiller to work his way up to a being a head coach in the NHL and he has to do it with this team and this assignment given to him by BLuc. It is even worse than being given a bottom-dwelling team on a rebuild. He is damned to try to compete with this roster, get more out of these stunted and chained prospects, with two aging stars demanding success, all while being told they are top contenders that are almost there.

Last edited:

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I’m just gonna continue shouting this from the rooftops. The emperor has no clothes and not enough people are talking about it.

Over the final 64 games of the season, the Kings went 29-27-8.

They went 15-17-7 against playoff teams.

This is not a good team, and they do not have the assets nor cap space to get better.

They will miss the playoffs in 24/25.

For further context, this pace would have been good enough for 84 points across a full season, which would have tied LA with Buffalo for 22nd in the league.

They would have missed the playoffs in the west by 14 points.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
giphy.gif

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
@Lt Dan you should use your AI chatbot to start making some country club kings pictures for us all.

That or a black hole theme photo.

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
3 years is a bit crazy but I still don't really see it being that harmful / anything to freak out about.

Head coaches get fired alllllllllll the time in the NHL. If Hiller doesn't deliver results, he'll be fired before that 3 year contract is done. And if Blake & Luc really do get canned at some point, I'm sure a new president & GM will look to name a new head coach they've hand picked.

The real question/concern is how will Hiller approach this team from a systems perspective and is he given full control over lineup decisions?

Hiller may have frustrated many (myself included) with the 11/7 and 1-3-1 but that was in a season where the team was falling behind the 8 ball and his job was to get them in the playoffs by any means necessary. Will be crucial to see how he approaches next season.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
The moves you make aren’t just about what happens on the ice it’s about reputation and culture and logic. These guys really just throw shit at the wall and it is more and more apparent as desperation and a larger body of work is exposed. If Blake didn’t have the holdovers from Deans cup teams this would be McMasteresque!

Worst front office since the previous Edmonton regime. Same country club blueprint!

The feeling of wanting to tune in because you see a wave about to crest is completely absent. It’s like sitting in the water during a riptide!

Reactions: KINGS17

Ad

Ad

Ad