Value of: Filip Forsberg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Check back in late February or early March. It's too early to say if Forsberg will be available or not.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
What would the Preds want ? Established NHL’er ? Picks, prospects ? What positions ?
Would Ty Smith or Severson plus work at all? Devils don’t have any elite wingers to offer. Winger prospects limited to Foote and Clarke .
D prospects we have are Bahl , Shakir , Okhotyuk .
Not sure if close to enough to make an offer

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
What would the Preds want ? Established NHL’er ? Picks, prospects ? What positions ?
Would Ty Smith or Severson plus work at all? Devils don’t have any elite wingers to offer. Winger prospects limited to Foote and Clarke .
The NHL Trade Deadline is March 21st. The Predators have 40 games to play before then. To be completely eliminated from the playoffs by then... well... the Preds would have to go, what, something like 15-25 over the next 40 games to be completely eliminated. So I guess just watch how the Preds are doing. If they start dropping off like that, and if Forsberg hasn't extended in the meantime of course, then a thread like this one will eventually have validity.

Until then, it's kind of pointless. A 1st round pick and a strong forward prospect would be my best guess of what the Preds should go after, if all that comes to pass. Our defense seems set and I would think any defense player or prospect would be of less interest in any trade. But that's all just a guess from half a season away, and who knows what other bids might be on the table by then.

If I was putting odds on it, I'd say it's about 90% likely that the Preds won't end up trading Forsberg. He'll either extend, or the Preds will stay in the hunt for a playoff spot and the Preds management would then choose to keep him as their own playoff rental rather than selling him off to be somebody else's rental. It doesn't mean people can't talk about his potential trade value... but... folks should definitely keep it firmly in mind while doing so that it's highly unlikely that he'll actually end up being available.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Not at all. We have plenty of young defensive depth and several players at Milwaukee waiting for their shot. We'd want a higher-end forward prospect/young player.

FireBenning

Nov 28, 2021
The NHL Trade Deadline is March 21st. The Predators have 40 games to play before then. To be completely eliminated from the playoffs by then... well... the Preds would have to go, what, something like 15-25 over the next 40 games to be completely eliminated. So I guess just watch how the Preds are doing. If they start dropping off like that, and if Forsberg hasn't extended in the meantime of course, then a thread like this one will eventually have validity.

Until then, it's kind of pointless. A 1st round pick and a strong forward prospect would be my best guess of what the Preds should go after, if all that comes to pass. Our defense seems set and I would think any defense player or prospect would be of less interest in any trade. But that's all just a guess from half a season away, and who knows what other bids might be on the table by then.

If I was putting odds on it, I'd say it's about 90% likely that the Preds won't end up trading Forsberg. He'll either extend, or the Preds will stay in the hunt for a playoff spot and the Preds management would then choose to keep him as their own playoff rental rather than selling him off to be somebody else's rental. It doesn't mean people can't talk about his potential trade value... but... folks should definitely keep it firmly in mind while doing so that it's highly unlikely that he'll actually end up being available.

He's a UFA is he not? I don't think the Preds will get a first rounder and a prospect for a rental unless he agrees to a contract with the new team.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Nashville probably only moves him if he won’t re-sign with Nashville. Asking price probably starts with

a top forward prospect + picks

probably prefer a higher end prospect to a first round pick. Probably would like to get both but probably Don’t get both

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
He's a UFA is he not? I don't think the Preds will get a first rounder and a prospect for a rental unless he agrees to a contract with the new team.

If he's scoring at a 50 goal pace and is over point per game by the TDL he probably gets more than a 1st and a top prospect

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If he's scoring at a 50 goal pace and is over point per game by the TDL he probably gets more than a 1st and a top prospect
He's flirted with PPG a few times in his career, but I can't see him sustaining this pace (now bloated by the 4-goal game). I think 1st and a good prospect or a higher-end prospect+lower pick is about the best we can get for a rental Forsberg. If we allow extension talks, that will up the value though.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg

Happens every year. Can’t think of any recent TDL acquisitions that actually signed extensions before the summer.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
If he's scoring at a 50 goal pace and is over a point per game (and still healthy) by the TDL, then I like what that implies about the Preds' chances of making the playoffs, and there's NO WAY he gets traded. :)

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Hahaha thats funny

does a deadline offer of Robertson+2022 1st+2023 2nd+Ritche for Forsberg@50% get a convo going?
In the highly unlikely event that Forsberg hits the trade block, I think it could get a conversation started, but it wouldn't be a winning bid. Anybody who comes with a 2022 1st is going to get the conversation started. But then the other parts of it wouldn't ultimately work. I doubt the Preds would value Robertson very highly, and the Ritchie cap dump would weigh against that offer. Preds would look elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad