Celtics/NBA Jeff Bezos reportedly has no interest in buying the Celtics

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Steve Kerr is and will always be a f***ing TOOL.

Not playing Tatum is mindblowing.

I was ACTIVELY rooting for them to lose because of it. It's inexcusable
I will say that Tatum when on the floor didn't do much to build his case during this 2024 Olympics, my opinion.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
You are correct. That thought would cost you access to this site for hockey and you care less about losing basketball for ever. What is this worth for you?
Another bad for me today. This is a basketball site, forum, not a hockey one as I posted. I am not having a great day personally. But, I watched the Bronze medal for Basketball, the NY Jets win, S. Korda bear Fritz in Canada, TENNIS, I watched the USA Basketball team win the Gold over France, I watched Jimmy Fallon get a selfie with the President of France, later I will watch more tennis matches, I am watching the awarding of the medals for basketball. There is so much good stuff to watch because of the Summer Olympics of 2024. So many great basketball players around the World but the USA has the best.

There is dislike for Steve Kerr but he did coach with great assistants the USA to another Gold medal in Paris. I am not saying anything about the dislike. I am speaking about giving credit as the coach.

Enjoy your day.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The only thing that even got me interested at all is this Kerr/Tatum angle. Quite frankly, the Olympics should consider scrapping men's and women's basketball due to the lack of competition. But that will never happen as long as NBA superstars want to participate.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Ugh.

Like that Sullivan Tire commercial

Snow, Snow, Snow.

Please no lol

Why do you say that about Spoelstra? Please I just wonder, I think he is a great coach. Then again, I think Mazzulla is a great coach. I think Mazzulla would have handled things better than Kerr. I think the same about Spoelstra. As far as I am concerned they only thing that Spoelstra has over Mazzulla is experience. Did you see Adebayo hugging his coach after the game like he was his mother. That tell me he has player respect. Plus I don't see players wanting to run away from the Heat coach. Help?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Why do you say that about Spoelstra? Please I just wonder, I think he is a great coach. Then again, I think Mazzulla is a great coach. I think Mazzulla would have handled things better than Kerr. I think the same about Spoelstra. As far as I am concerned they only thing that Spoelstra has over Mazzulla is experience. Did you see Adebayo hugging his coach after the game like he was his mother. That tell me he has player respect. Plus I don't see players wanting to run away from the Heat coach. Help?
Because I hate the Heat. And I think Spoelstra is a f***ing tool. And the "Heat culture " is bs.

Good coach. But I don't like him.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Please correct me if I am incorrect. I believe the maximum number of players that can play (be) on an Olympic basketball team is 12 this is not my question. Olympic players do not get paid for their time and play. They could have bonuses in their contracts. If I am correct so far, why would a coach not play all his players in a Gold game? Why did Kerr leave White and Haliburton on the bench for a Gold game, not a minute? FYI....France had a roster 12 players and played all 12 with one only getting 3 minutes. In the Bronze medal game Germany had 13 player, DNP 2 and had one (1) with zero minutes of play and Serbia had 12 with DNP 2.

So why would Kerr not play White and Haliburton not even a minute? Thanks for helping me understand why this happens. I think it is wrong, terrible if 12 could play and the coach didn't play 12 unless injured. Thanks again.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Because I hate the Heat. And I think Spoelstra is a f***ing tool. And the "Heat culture " is bs.

Good coach. But I don't like him.

I'm not sure the Heat will be good the next few years. Scary Terry is their PG ffs.

Herro, Jimmy and Bam miss tons of time. Robinson is getting old. Stinks we lost to them a couple times and 2022 was basically a loss bc it cost is the GS series. Hopefully its not Spoelestra.

I think LeBron will still be playing he looks fine and hasn't slowed down.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
If one of you sports experts would help me understand why coach Kerr did not play Haliburton and White at least one minute of the Gold Medal game so they could say that they "PLAYED" not warmed the bench in an Olympic Gold Medal Game. I think that Haliburton will get another chance as he is young and will hopefully be a star in the future in the NBA. Derrick White, might not get another chance to "play" in the Olympics let alone and if he doesn't then Kerr screwed him by not playing him a minute in the Gold Medal game. Am I wrong with my thinking?

Thanks for helping an old dying man try to understand the thinking of players, coaches and me. You know in my 88 years it was always about "just getting into the game" "being able to say I played in this or that game" it used to have a meaning, I think.

Thanks again for helping an old man.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If one of you sports experts would help me understand why coach Kerr did not play Haliburton and White at least one minute of the Gold Medal game so they could say that they "PLAYED" not warmed the bench in an Olympic Gold Medal Game. I think that Haliburton will get another chance as he is young and will hopefully be a star in the future in the NBA. Derrick White, might not get another chance to "play" in the Olympics let alone and if he doesn't then Kerr screwed him by not playing him a minute in the Gold Medal game. Am I wrong with my thinking?

Thanks for helping an old dying man try to understand the thinking of players, coaches and me. You know in my 88 years it was always about "just getting into the game" "being able to say I played in this or that game" it used to have a meaning, I think.

Thanks again for helping an old man.

I genuinely have no idea why Kerr did half the things he did.

Reactions: Mione134 and CDJ

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Being a former basketball coach ... it's difficult to expand a rotation beyond eight players, especially in a 40-minute game (as opposed to the 48 NBA coaches/players are used to). The game was too close to be able to expand the rotation, so the fringe guys like White and Halliburton weren't given a shot. Halliburton is very good, but has some liabilities (especially on defense). He had a funny tweet yesterday, posing with his gold medal and saying "when you barely do anything on the group project and still get an A." They're all gold medalists, and they likely knew their roles going in.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Being a former basketball coach ... it's difficult to expand a rotation beyond eight players, especially in a 40-minute game (as opposed to the 48 NBA coaches/players are used to). The game was too close to be able to expand the rotation, so the fringe guys like White and Halliburton weren't given a shot. Halliburton is very good, but has some liabilities (especially on defense). He had a funny tweet yesterday, posing with his gold medal and saying "when you barely do anything on the group project and still get an A." They're all gold medalists, and they likely knew their roles going in.
Thank you, I appreciate your reply. I understand the rotation thing, but he could have put them in at the end for 60 seconds, we are not talking about non players, I think. I would think these two players are pissed to have come so close, but not put a toe on the floor. Just my opinion, I am old school.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Well said: it is what I am talking about or asking about. Tatum will be back in the Olympics to "play" for a Gold Medal or Bronze, my discussion wasn't about Jaylen Brown's ego, but how about Derrick White, will he make it that close again? Maybe I care more than him, I don't think so, but not sure that is why I have been asking. Oh Well, I done with this; I am watching tennis while taking my Morphine, Oxyie, and CBD. Later, enjoy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad