Celtics/NBA Jeff Bezos reportedly has no interest in buying the Celtics

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Could live w that, I prefer it to FSG

Would not be good for TD Garden or Bruins

Basically sinks that place

Bezos 195 B can siphon everything to his venue
Cry me a river for poor Jeremy Jacobs. If Jeff Bezos buying the Celtics puts a squeeze on JJ and Chuckie, then maybe they should sell the Bruins. Bezos has enough money for that, too.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
FWIW, on his latest podcast, Bill Simmons said that there is legitimate buzz around Amazon's Jeff Bezos buying the Celtics and then building a new basketball and concert venue in Boston.
Could live w that, I prefer it to FSG
It's bad news for the Bruins though. Jacobs losing his primary tenants and concerts/events to another building, that's going to be a hit.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Bezos please. No owner will have deeper pockets and he doesn't do 2nd best, I'd trust him to spend what's needed to win
I don't know who I would despise more Henry or Bezos. Never wish bad on anyone, but I can make an exception if I was to wake up some morning and one of them if not both were bankrupt.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
FWIW, on his latest podcast, Bill Simmons said that there is legitimate buzz around Amazon's Jeff Bezos buying the Celtics and then building a new basketball and concert venue in Boston.
Good luck with that Jeff. Can't wait to see where this unecessary new venue would be.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Good luck with that Jeff. Can't wait to see where this unecessary new venue would be.

Yeh makes no sense

TD Garden I can hop on train 5 minutes from my house and 30 minutes later standing outside pro shop.

Screw driving in this current shit show

Sometime in next 5-10 years the Celtics will suck again like they did after 2012

Reactions: lopey and Mione134

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Would not be good for TD Garden or Bruins

Basically sinks that place

Bezos 195 B can siphon everything to his venue

He can spend whatever he likes his arena still won't have a better location than TD Garden. Unless he pays to relocate North Station the Bruins will be fine.

The WNBA game tomorrow is entirely sold out Jacobs has really stuck it to basketball fans in this area and let us down not letting us have a team. They'll have the Bruins and plenty of concerts. Another venue will be fun the area can support it.

Jacobs did a nice job with the land from the old Garden overall I like the movie theater and Big Night Live.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
He can spend whatever he likes his arena still won't have a better location than TD Garden. Unless he pays to relocate North Station the Bruins will be fine.

The WNBA game tomorrow is entirely sold out Jacobs has really stuck it to basketball fans in this area and let us down not letting us have a team. They'll have the Bruins and plenty of concerts. Another venue will be fun the area can support it.

Jacobs did a nice job with the land from the old Garden overall I like the movie theater and Big Night Live.
Brad:

the WNBA in Boston is dead..... it was dead the minute the ownership of the Magic(who also control and operate the AHL Griffins in Grand Rapids and the Solar Bears in Orlando) let the Miracle (now the Connecticut Sun) be transferred to Mohegan Sun... the same reasoning that when Spurs Sports and Entertainment allowed the transfer of the AHL Rampage to Henderson, and allowed Vegas to own/operate said affiliate.... same when the Silver Stars were sold and became the Las Vegas Aces @ Mandalay Bay.... the WNBA changed their requirements from NBA ownership to private ownership as well.... it's why Houston lost their Comets..... the 1st dominate WNBA Franchise, that Vegas and Minnesota have shared that moniker since.... it's why Gilbert in Cleveland lost the Rockers and it's why Sacramento shuttered the Monarchs... which is why Golden State is here w/ the Valkyries..... Mohegan Sun Arena needs a tenant..... it's because of the success of the Sun is why the WNBA agreed to play a game @ TD Garden.... logistically, that's why this game was switched from Connecticut.... that's why the NBA G League became the defacto development arm of the NBA AND WHY all 30 NBA teams have their own developmental franchise..... where did you think the IST/NBA Cup idea came to the attention of Adam Silver.... Commissioner's Cup in the WNBA is the same premise as the NBA Cup has the last 2 years....

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Celtic Alumni update:

Isaiah Thomas was worked out by the Bucks during Summer League.... now he's trying to resurrect his career where it began in Sacramento....

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Joey Hauser, brother of Sam, who the C's signed to an extension in July, signs E 10 Deal in Atlanta (likely will be in College Park w/ the SkyHawks);

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad