OT: Favourite Sport to watch beside Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Basketball.

Two best sports in the world are Basketball and Hockey. Although you kind of get turned off to hockey a bit with how much it's forced down your throat in this country.

5166465451_ded900eaf8_z.jpg

I can't get enough. I wish hockey was on year-round.

leafspring*

I feel like I should note that when I voted football, I am NOT refering to the CFL.

Its pretty awsome to see how a complete western province supports their CFL team.

It definately rivals leaf support and on a provincial per-capita basis blows leaf Nation right out of the water.

You know where i'm talking about? I'll bet most don't.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Hockey is pretty well the only one in my books, but during the off-season I will watch some NFL games, mostly when my office fantasy pool is running, and a little of the Superbowl.

I also don't mind Tennis so long as it's on clay (Wimbledon is a complete waste of time).

I worked at a pizzeria with a bunch of Italians and sorta got interested in European football, but I can barely stomach World Cup soccer. It has the same appeal to me as Baseball.

There's so many games going on that you get regular highlight reel plays and it makes the game seem super interesting, but when you sit down and watch the game, it's sluggish, dreary and uneventful.

Plus, soccer and baseball are among the softest sports out there. They're in the same "toughness" category as 400m runners. Not even in the same category as 200m dashers, let alone 100m sprinters.

Hockey really is the upper echelon of sport entertainment.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Hockey is pretty well the only one in my books, but during the off-season I will watch some NFL games, mostly when my office fantasy pool is running, and a little of the Superbowl.

I also don't mind Tennis so long as it's on clay (Wimbledon is a complete waste of time).

I worked at a pizzeria with a bunch of Italians and sorta got interested in European football, but I can barely stomach World Cup soccer. It has the same appeal to me as Baseball.

There's so many games going on that you get regular highlight reel plays and it makes the game seem super interesting, but when you sit down and watch the game, it's sluggish, dreary and uneventful.

Plus, soccer and baseball are among the softest sports out there. They're in the same "toughness" category as 400m runners. Not even in the same category as 200m dashers, let alone 100m sprinters.

Hockey really is the upper echelon of sport entertainment.

All this sentence does is prove that you have never, ever, run track. I've run all three events, NCAA division one all-american in 400m dash, all region in the 200m dash. The 100 and 200 are a cake walk when it comes to strain on the body compared to the 400.

I agree that soccer players are as soft as Charmin toilet paper though.

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto

I dare you to step into a competitive soccer game and say that. There is a reason why post 35 - years old any professional players ankles and kees are completely shot. Soccer is far more physical then people think, but only those who actually play it understand. I get bruises, cuts, scrapes, every single game, your legs take a pounding. Especially star players, generally speaking the better you are the more roughed up your going to get. Yes there is diving and it is exaggerated at times, but there is a reason why the top players in the world go down on some challenges, if they don't their career would probably be half the length.

Baseball I agree with.

MiniMoose

Apr 12, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Soccer is a lot tougher than one would expect. Some players play for 90 minutes. Players such as Messi constantly get fouled and it wears you down getting tackled every few seconds (Like hockey). I constantly get my knee and elbows scraped. Plus you have to be good at winning headers and getting possession.

Cool Beans Man

Apr 18, 2007
Ontario
www.muckmyblog.blogspot.com
It's baseball for me.

But seeing as some people are mentioning Olympic sports, my favourite Olympic sport (besides hockey) is short track speed skating.

That year in Salt Lake when the Australia guy won the gold because the 5 guys in front of him wiped out was priceless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad