OT: Favourite Sport to watch beside Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Tennis - Andy Murray's been my favourite for 4-5 years, glad to see him finally win Wimbledon.
Baseball - I have season tickets to the Jays
Soccer - love the World/Euro Cups, Champions League, Olympics. Christine Sinclair is a hero for us Canadians. Dont follow any of the leagues that much, except Liverpool somewhat (Gerrards my favourite player)

Least favourite (of popular sports): basketball, football,

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
No poll?

Probably basketball, specifically the Raptors. If the Raptors somehow landed Wiggins this off-season they will be huge in T-Dot again, trumped only by, ofc the Leafs. Bigger then the Jays (who consistently take 2nd), Argos, TFC. It will be bigger then the Vince Carter era. Huge superstar potential and he's a local hometown boy.

I also enjoy watching a few baseball games a year. But the Jays are always mediocre and baseball can get very dull.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
No poll?

Probably basketball, specifically the Raptors. If the Raptors somehow landed Wiggins this off-season they will be huge in T-Dot again, trumped only by, ofc the Leafs. Bigger then the Jays (who consistently take 2nd), Argos, TFC. It will be bigger then the Vince Carter era. Huge superstar potential and he's a local hometown boy.

I also enjoy watching a few baseball games a year. But the Jays are always mediocre and baseball can get very dull.

Not sure if I agree with that. Jays have consistently been fairly popular, despite TWENTY years outside of the playoffs. Not to mention, even with the season not going as expected, there is excitedment around the Jays these days, moreso than usual.

I see Jays shirts, hats, etc all over this city. I hear people talk about them regularly. Very few people talk about the Raptors, and a lot of the basketball fans are fans of other teams, whereas the majority of baseball fans are Jays fans.

Granted, Wiggins would be GREAT for Raptors marketing. Top top young player, who also happens to be Canadian, so if the Raptors are going to have a chance to take 2nd, it will take something like that happening.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Basketball.

Two best sports in the world are Basketball and Hockey. Although you kind of get turned off to hockey a bit with how much it's forced down your throat in this country.

21stAmendment

Beer snob,Movie buff
Apr 4, 2012
NYC
From ages 1-9 I lived just outside Toronto. This was from 1988 to 1996. The Maple Leafs were my life. I liked baseball but didn't follow or care about the Blue Jays at all, even though they were a top team that won championships. Football I didn't even know existed until I moved to the states. Fast forward to a few years ago I would say baseball was my favorite sport, I got gobbled up by the Yankees success, and even started playing baseball and was pretty damn good at it. I also became a pretty big NY Jets fan and unfortunately growing up mostly in the US baseball and football became my 1-2 followed by hockey. That has changed with the technology, now that I can watch every Leafs game on my MacBook. Now i would put hockey and football 1-2 with baseball 3rd.

YES that's correct, I'm a Leafs, Yankees, and Jets fan.

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
NASCAR and the NFL. I also follow the Blue Jays casually. I'd also probably be more into soccer if the MLS was any good. I just have trouble finding the time watch the EPL and the Champions league. I also like playing golf, but I don't really watch it.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Poll added. I guess all our mods took an extra long sleep today. ;)

For me, hockey is by and far #1 but in order after that:

Football/Cricket
Cricket/Football

Baseball

Basketball if nothing else is on.

I'll also watch Soccer for World Cups and Euro Cups but I don't follow EPL or La Liga or anything like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad