F Nikita Artamonov - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod, KHL (2024, 50th, CAR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
He looked really good on a team stacked with 2002/2003s during the MHL playoffs this past year. They ended up winning the championship.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
4 points in five games at the start of the new season (KHL!)
I was mentioning that in another thread. Again, obviously not a top prospect and all of a sudden, almost PPG in KHL. Is it a coincidence than both him and Silayev play for the same team?
And thats why I am saying that in an environment like KHL you should not look at stats in vacuum. You can do it in MHL, but not in KHL. A lot depends on factors like a)how much does the coach trust the young players?, b)what style of play does this particular team play? c)What is the strategy of the team for the season? Like maybe they forcefully achieved a top form in the beginning to run away with as much points as they can, while rest of teams are slumping due to different preparation for the season

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Very impressed with my first viewing of him today, he picked up an assist.

I plan on posting lots of his teams vids to my patreon acct (since youtube won't let me)

patreon.com/HockeyProspectVids

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Highest PPG ever for a draft eligible forward maybe we should be taking the numbers for jim and Silyaev with a grain of salt what are the odds that the two highest scoring draft Eligible players in KHL history were relatively unkown before their draft seasons, and both played on the Same team in their draft year.

are they just feeding these players power play time and offensive zone starts? Or are they genuinely earning their points with impressive play making/decision making?

Reactions: czech

dyldude

Nov 19, 2019
Highest PPG ever for a draft eligible forward maybe we should be taking the numbers for jim and Silyaev with a grain of salt what are the odds that the two highest scoring draft Eligible players in KHL history were relatively unkown before their draft seasons, and both played on the Same team in their draft year.

are they just feeding these players power play time and offensive zone starts? Or are they genuinely earning their points with impressive play making/decision making?
Artamonov has been incredible at generating chances with his playmaking and gaining scoring chances with his off-puck timing. Should have a few goals by now really, but they’ll come soon enough.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I was impressed with how the HC was giving him so much ice time. I plan on watching a bunch of their games since the Habs drafted his teammate Konyushkov.

Reactions: LeProspector

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
He's a really nice player. Definitely could see him in the first round. Very smart on and off the puck in the Ozone. Also pretty strong for his age.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Highest PPG ever for a draft eligible forward...
Artamonov - 0,73.
Comparison (ppg) with some Russian stars in their pre-draft season (KHL): Ovechkin - 0,45, Datsyuk- 0,29, Kucherov - 0,22, Malkin - 0,35, Panarin - 0,45.
Kovalchuk had more, but he played in the Russian second division.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Just think about, is it a coincidence that two draft eligible prospects are posting historical numbers while playing on the same team that is not really known as some kind of talent factory(I think Torpedo has yet to produce an NHLer)?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just think about, is it a coincidence that two draft eligible prospects are posting historical numbers while playing on the same team that is not really known as some kind of talent factory(I think Torpedo has yet to produce an NHLer)?

Their coach has impressed me with how much TOI he's giving the 2 17 year olds.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
...(I think Torpedo has yet to produce an NHLer)?
Andrei Kovalenko played for Torpedo at the age of 18. And in the top division of the Soviet Union he scored even more PPG - 0.75 (though he played only a few matches). However, he was drafted only a year later, in the eighth round.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Andrei Kovalenko played for Torpedo at the age of 18. And in the top division of the Soviet Union he scored even more PPG - 0.75 (though he played only a few matches). However, he was drafted only a year later, in the eighth round.
Wow, didn't knew that. Well, so they kinda produced one NHLer together with CSKA)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
not the best game from him today, he had 2 nice scoring chances early on but didn't seem to do too much after that and didn't seem to get that much ice.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Wow, didn't knew that. Well, so they kinda produced one NHLer together with CSKA)
It was a 2nd division team until the creation of the KHL so it's complicated.

A team ranked 5th in the 2022-23 season (best season in its history). Currently best record in the league.

So you see it's not a problem Silayev. The success of this player also bothers you.

You haven't finished crying this year. Big Russian & Belo year with probably 4 players in the 1st round. Like last year.

It would be easier for you to admit the obvious that the Russians produce quality NHL players every year and that there are already more than 60 in the NHL, a growing trend.

Even if it wasn't these players, it would be other players.

All you have to do is edit your NHL 24 database to delete all Russian and Belarusian players.

Reactions: Guadana

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
is he injured? Not dressed for today's game and last game I missed but looks like he only played 6:50 which is way less then he usually gets so I figured he may have gotten injured or was sent down since he's still just 17.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
is he injured? Not dressed for today's game and last game I missed but looks like he only played 6:50 which is way less then he usually gets so I figured he may have gotten injured or was sent down since he's still just 17.
Novgorod has a lot of pretty good forwards so he might’ve just gotten scratched. If I’m not mistaken one of their players, Goncharuk, came back from injury.

Honestly, I hope they just send him down instead of giving him 6 mins per game.

Reactions: B17 Apricots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad