F Michael Misa - Saginaw Spirit, OHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I wouldn't call them shortcomings but for me it's a gut feeling type of thing as I think he will have the impact of say a Kyle Conner, ie really standing out for their skill but both guys will be better in fantasy leagues than as NHL players.
Yikes! Based on everything posters have written, it's hard to understand people's reservations. He looks to have ALL the tools, so why aren't people higher on Misa?

His size is perfect. He seems to have high end skill?

What is his skating like? His hockey I.Q.?

P.S. The Ticats are <bleeping> the bed against the Lions. Grrrr. Come on, boys, we NEED this win.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yikes! Based on everything posters have said, it's hard to wrap my mind around the kid. He looks to have ALL the tools, so why aren't people higher on Misa?

P.S. Ticats are <bleeping> the bed against the Lions. Grrrr. Come on, boys, we NEED this win.
Don't get me wrong I think Misa has a higher offensive ceiling than Kyle, it's just that they both aren't as good as they look sometimes but that's just a gut feeling I have about certain players and I'm often wrong.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Don't get me wrong I think Misa has a higher offensive ceiling than Kyle, it's just that they both aren't as good as they look sometimes but that's just a gut feeling I have about certain players and I'm often wrong.
Re : "both aren't as good as they look sometimes"

You lost me. Do you mean he is inconsistent? Does he lack drive? Is he strong defensively?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Re : "both aren't as good as they look sometimes"

You lost me. Do you mean he is inconsistent or he lacks drive?
No it's not that but rather they are both going to score their points at the next level and other players around them in scoring and below them are going to be seen or felt as better players.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
No it's not that but rather they are both going to score their points at the next level and other players around them in scoring and below them are going to be seen or felt as better players.
I don't understand but I do appreciate you taking the time to answer. :)

I think you are saying he does NOT demand the spotlight and will fly under the radar while still getting his points.

Reactions: wetcoast

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Can’t believe some people thought a kid who tied or broke some of McDavids records in the the OHL cup and as a 15 year old ohler forgot how to play hockey. Pretty obvious he was hurt part of last year and deferred to vets Saginaw brought in to win the memorial cup.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
^^ ??? You lost me. ^^

As a Canadians, I'd love to see him overtake Hagens for 1OA.

Nolan Patrick?
Was considered a seriously good prospect with a very high ceiling I personally saw a really good 2c as at the time but he was viewed as a power center a with great playmaking ability for me the skating or high end skill wasn't there for me as a no.1 overall Uber elite talent, thought his defensive game could make up for it, looked like a top 5 pick onstead of top 3 I digress as injuries derailed his career and his potential was immense however I viewed Lafreniere very similarly as I questioned his skating ability and high end skill and play driving ability just like Patrick, but he seems to have turned a corner still probably not #1 which would probably be stutzle as that's the comparison I see for misa. Misa has high end skating, skill and creativity which is why the Patrick comparison makes no sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad