F Juho Nyberg - Ilves U16 Akatemia, U16 Mestis (2029 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

So I was looking through EliteProspects and I found this Finnish player who plays for one of the most notable development programs in the country, in the Ilves development system and has already played a game in the secondary Finnish U16 league already as a 2011 born player notching 2 points in the process. i have skimmed through the league and have noticed that not a single player has ever played a game in the league at his age and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the talent level of this player?

From the surface, it seems like he could be a very promising player out of Finland and I would appreciate any information provided.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu

So I was looking through EliteProspects and I found this Finnish player who plays for one of the most notable development programs in the country, in the Ilves development system and has already played a game in the secondary Finnish U16 league already as a 2011 born player notching 2 points in the process. i have skimmed through the league and have noticed that not a single player has ever played a game in the league at his age and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the talent level of this player?

From the surface, it seems like he could be a very promising player out of Finland and I would appreciate any information provided.

He has played 1 game in a 2nd tier u16 league nobody has ever heard of and you think that is worth making a thread? Ffs he is 12.

Reactions: wetcoast

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
He has played 1 game in a 2nd tier u16 league nobody has ever heard of and you think that is worth making a thread? Ffs he is 12.
Yes, I think it‘s notable. He plays in Ilves system which is one of the best at developing talent in Finland and for a kid his age to be able to play a game up 3 age groups and be the first to ever play in the league at that age is worthy of a thread to find information on the player. I want to see if anyone has information in him.( if he is one of the best in his age group? is his father a coach and that’s why he has played a game?, if he has any connections to relatives that were hockey players etc.) I Tried to find information online but to no avail.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Super far out, but from what I’ve heard he is a very promising player out of Finland - on par if not better than many of the 2010 born kids at this stage.

Torspo21

mailataikuri
Dec 15, 2009
Oijärvi
torspo21.blogspot.com
Nyberg scored a nice goal against Tappara today in a U16 preseason game (they lost 3-7). I was surprised to learn he was two years younger than most of the guys. Shoots well and played physical, even though he was pretty much the shortest and smallest player on the ice.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
People love to doubt me, but I’m a fantastic stat watcher…
Sure you a stat watcher but one could literally create an algorithm to start threads like this based on stats.

A huge part of scouting is actually viewing and contextualizing prospects and at this age it's risky and premature most likely.

That being said he looks promising but once this thread picks up some steam Bigdog 16 or whatever his name is will be a downer and the thread will derail.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Couple clips of Juho. 3 of his 4 games have been against weak opponents but actually his best game was vs TPS. Juho should have had clear as day secondary assist on JoVi game 1st goal but statkeeper was sleeping.

Ilves U16 has also couple good 2009s Oliver Rinne, Jerry Mäkinen, Max Poikela and Eemeli Koivu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad