F Jonathan Castagna - St. Andrew's College, CAHS (2023, 70th, ARI)

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site

St. Andrew's College is probably the top Canadian High School program and I try and watch a decent amount of them each year, and Jonathan Castagna was the one player to really stand out for me this year.

Castagna is a powerful skater with good acceleration and agility, plays at a faster pace than his teammates and really controls the tempo for his team. Good physical player too, always looking to finish his checks.

Looks like a solid pro prospect - good skating, good awareness, engaged physically, good effort/determination, solid in all situations. I would guess a draft range of about mid 3rd-late 4th.

Castagna is slated to play in the BCHL next year with the Penticton Vees and committed to Cornell University for 2024-25.

Only recent YouTube footage of him:

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I’m glad someone finally made a thread on him, he’s a sleeper for this class and I’m a big fan of him and his teammate Francesco Dell’Elce - not a lot of people know about the league so they’re forgotten a lot of the time I’ve found.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
The newly formed Prep Hockey Conference is a good league with teams like St. Andrew's, Shattuck St. Mary's, Culver Academy, Mount St. Charles, & South Kent. Prep hockey as GermanSpitfire said is often forgotten about but a lot of players end up coming out of there that go the NCAA route then signed as free agents. Every year I say I need to watch more of these teams.

Thank you for sharing that Kipper.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
The newly formed Prep Hockey Conference is a good league with teams like St. Andrew's, Shattuck St. Mary's, Culver Academy, Mount St. Charles, & South Kent. Prep hockey as GermanSpitfire said is often forgotten about but a lot of players end up coming out of there that go the NCAA route then signed as free agents. Every year I say I need to watch more of these teams.

Thank you for sharing that Kipper.
It is a dying route for a lot of the top end players just because the cost to play at those schools is outrageous. It is really a feeder league into Jr A. You will get occasional late bloomer who excels once they get to NCAA. Even Shattuck is a shadow of what they used to be.

ijethuff

Jul 30, 2023

St. Andrew's College is probably the top Canadian High School program and I try and watch a decent amount of them each year, and Jonathan Castagna was the one player to really stand out for me this year.

Castagna is a powerful skater with good acceleration and agility, plays at a faster pace than his teammates and really controls the tempo for his team. Good physical player too, always looking to finish his checks.

Looks like a solid pro prospect - good skating, good awareness, engaged physically, good effort/determination, solid in all situations. I would guess a draft range of about mid 3rd-late 4th.

Castagna is slated to play in the BCHL next year with the Penticton Vees and committed to Cornell University for 2024-25.

Only recent YouTube footage of him:

I actually as a psychology college student, I did a writing with the help of this source https://papersowl.com/examples/censorship/ about censorship, this problem is quite widespread and it irritates me a lot, because a lot of information is not correct or not as it should be, it changes people's history and thinking, I'm glad that at least on forums at least the reality has remained as it is and censorship is not implemented!

Finally, in fact I always knew he would. I hate him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad