F Cole Reschny - Victoria Royals, WHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Was the best player by far in CSSHL U15 (3.75ppm) this season.

Maybe # 2 in the WHL 2022 draft after Gavin McKenna

Has the csshl level decreased from the year when Guenther did 3.43ppg? or does Reschny really have a superior season?

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
looked really good at the Sask top 80 yesterday, clearly the top player there. Wouldn't put him on Yager/Catton/Heidt level but pretty similar level talent as McQueen. Complete player who is elite in all skills from skating, shot, IQ, hands and even plays with some physicality. Isn't lazy either when it comes to the dzone and backchecking. Not the greatest year for high end talent in sask but him and his teammate Hamilton both should go top 5, Reschny good bet to go 2 atm

Reactions: JotAlan

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
3A tonight. Makes the Royals worth watching this year! :laugh:
Music to my ears! I'm on vacation right now, but when I get back home I'm going to go to a few Royals games. He has an extremely good chance of ending up the best F the Royals have ever had, no offense to Phillips.

Reactions: Bubbles

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Music to my ears! I'm on vacation right now, but when I get back home I'm going to go to a few Royals games. He has an extremely good chance of ending up the best F the Royals have ever had, no offense to Phillips.

He probably will. The Royals actually look competent this year. Misskey has been a surprise as well.

Reactions: macbowes

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Really like this kid's game. Focused on being a 200 ft player. He's been quite an asset on the PK and he's got a ton of skill. 2A last night and this shortie.

He had a slow start but is now finding his game, love this prospect a lot.

Reactions: Bubbles

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's PPG in the WHL already.

I like his whole game, except his height. I think he'll be a first round pick. The height could keep him from being an early first because he's not an amazing offensive player and that could move him off center eventually, but I think someone will take him first round because the height is the only thing keeping him from being a potential top 6 NHL'er.

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
He's PPG in the WHL already.

I like his whole game, except his height. I think he'll be a first round pick. The height could keep him from being an early first because he's not an amazing offensive player and that could move him off center eventually, but I think someone will take him first round because the height is the only thing keeping him from being a potential top 6 NHL'er.
The Royals have always been known for being "The Small Team" in the WHL.

I remember the 2015-16 Victoria Royals who were 1st in the WHL, where there were only like 2 players on the team that were 6' or Taller.

If the journey of Matthew Phillips has taught me anything, it's that while Height can be a problem initially, Talent almost always wins out.

Reschny will be a First Round pick, maybe even lottery. Rossi went Top 10 in 2020 and was the same height as Reschny.

Last edited:

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Kid picked up his 12th Saturday night, which isn't bad for a kid in his D-1 season. He's on the ice in a lot of high-pressure situations, including PK. He's a high-energy player, but sometimes makes mistakes with the puck, although that's not surprising for a 16-year-old. I wonder if he gets much bigger - the Royals have him listed at 5-9, 161.

Reactions: Dominance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad