F Christian Humphreys - USNTDP, USHL (2024, 215th, COL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Christian Humphreys, is a serious offensive threat. The riforward has tallied up two impressive back to back displays, where in 2019/20, he put up 94 points (57G, 37A) in 45 games with the Pittsburgh Penguins Elite, followed by a 111 point (45G, 66A) outing with Bishop Kearney during the span of 42 games in 2020/21. This is all thanks to his outstanding offensive abilities, where he brings a standout shot and smooth hand work to his game. He could transition into a very offensive minded shooter, who can tally up high goal totals for his club, while also having the ability to make a great passing plays at times as well.

NCAA Commitment: Michigan State

OHL Rights: Kitchener Rangers

Last edited:

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
Not surprisingly, he was always at the top of the stats before USDP without playing on a big team like Shattuck. This is why it is very difficult to really assess the level of an American player before USHL/USDP.

Funny to see on his profile that he has two triplet brothers who have never done anything in hockey.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Solid two way guy. He’s not going to get much press the next few years because he’ll be overshadowed by higher upside offensive players, but he’s a good player. Can kind of do everything, but he doesn’t really excel at anything. He’ll be like a second most likely.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he’s too high on many early lists. He had good point totals this year, but it doesn’t match up as much with the product you see on the ice.

He has some potential, but he’s tentative. Doesn’t assert himself on games enough. Might be due to him being a subtle player, but I’m underwhelmed by his play. Hoping to see more next season.

IWillMakeTheNHL

May 13, 2023
Not surprisingly, he was always at the top of the stats before USDP without playing on a big team like Shattuck. This is why it is very difficult to really assess the level of an American player before USHL/USDP.

Funny to see on his profile that he has two triplet brothers who have never done anything in hockey.
One of the two other triplets was born with spina bifida, so he never had a chance

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010

Bishop Kearney is a newer program but it's a top 5-10 midget program in the country already. Chris Collins has done an incredible job building that program. They won nationals last year at the U14 level and they made nationals at the U15 and U16 level. They won the U16 Nationals the year before. They've had just as much success as Shattuck has the past couple years

Reactions: clevelandcane

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Committed to Michigan.

Normally I'd say this was a poor move because while Humphreys is good, he'd be better served going to a school where he'll have an opportunity to be a top guy consistently. And typically he'd be more likely to get that at Michigan State than Michigan. But Michigan's recent recruiting has been pedestrian. Their last recruiting class wasn't good, and their upcoming classes (obviously these still have time to improve drastically) aren't up to recent Michigan standards, either. He is definitely one of their top recruits so far, but we'll see if that holds.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's regressed since he got to the NTDP. He puts up a lot of points, but he can't really play center anymore. Doesn't skate well. Only 5'11. Not much of a defensive player.

If you give him time, he can pick you apart with shooting or passing. Has good hockey sense.

I see him ranked first or second round on a lot of lists, and I think thats too high. Probably a third rounder at this point. There's a chance he could be a complimentary scoring winger in the NHL, but I don't think it's any type of lock.

Reactions: 95snipes

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Not sure why he fell so far to be honest. He never seemed a clear level below some of his NTDP teammates that went round 2. I thought he'd go like round 3-4. By the time they announced him, I just forgot about him and assumed he'd be taken already.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I didn't think he'd fall to the seventh round, but it's hard to see what his NHL role is, so maybe it shouldn't have been that big of a surprise. He's a good junior player and will probably be able to make money playing pro hockey, but doesn't have elite offensive abilities for a small forward with below-average skating.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
Not sure why he fell so far to be honest. He never seemed a clear level below some of his NTDP teammates that went round 2. I thought he'd go like round 3-4. By the time they announced him, I just forgot about him and assumed he'd be taken already.
I didn't think he'd fall to the seventh round, but it's hard to see what his NHL role is, so maybe it shouldn't have been that big of a surprise. He's a good junior player and will probably be able to make money playing pro hockey, but doesn't have elite offensive abilities for a small forward with below-average skating.
"personality issues" I've heard multiple instances. MSU faded him and let him go because he wanted to be guaranteed a spot high in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad