Value of: F - Carter Savoie, UFA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Noticing the remaining free agents and was curious as to why Savoie was not even tendered a.qualifying offer as a 22-year-old with just two years of pro experience.

Are there flaws in his game, were there injuries, or do the Oilers simply have an abundance of forwards with his skill set?

Bond

May 10, 2012
Noticing the remaining free agents and was curious as to why Savoie was not even tendered a.qualifying offer as a 22-year-old with just two years of pro experience.

Are there flaws in his game, were there injuries, or do the Oilers simply have an abundance of forwards with his skill set?
His AHL stats don't really seem intriguing

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
As an Oiler fan, I was a little surprised as well until I took another look at the depth chart. He was probably going to be the 12th or 13th forward in Bakersfield if he was brought back. There's no developing happening when a guy doesn't play. He's getting to the age where a big jump needs to happen in production, but he's only ever scored above 20 points in the AHL one time so far. I didn't watch much of the Condors last year, but he didn't look awesome when I did - he looked like he was struggling in a lot of areas of the game, and he doesn't score enough to offset what he wasn't bringing. I just don't think he's got an NHL future in front of him. Maybe the kind of guy who finds himself playing in Europe.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Slow boots and a pretty vanilla game all around. At 22, I think they saw a guy who wasn't going to cut it as a checking line guy seeing that he's undersized. And his shot hasn't translated to many goals at the next level.

They're prioritizing other prospects.

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad