Value of: *Extended* Alex DeBrincat for Noah Dobson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You know the appropriate way to build a team is to pay DeBrincat, Barzal, Horvat and Lee like $35 million a year :laugh:

DeBrincat's extension is going to be about $9 million a year AAV. I can't even fathom a way the Islanders can make that work for the long term.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Easy no for NY. Easy yes for Ottawa. Would leave us with a core of:

Stutzle - Tkachuk - Giroux
Batherson - Norris - Greig
Joseph - Kastelic
Pinto (RFA)

Chabot - Sanderson
Chychrun - Dobson
Zub - Bernard-Docker
Brannstrom (RFA)

Forsberg

With 13 mil in cap space to fill out the roster. Doesn't include Sogaard, Ostapchuk, Smejkal, Kelly, Gauthier, Gambrell, P. Brown, Crookshank, Sokolov, and Kleven, who all at least have a chance at playing games next year (some more and in more prominent roles than others)

Dobson would be a total luxury on the back-end but it's a no-brainer imo. Now, I know Dobson struggled this year... but trading him seems like one of those decisions that could seriously bite you in the ass down the road.

Reactions: harv33173

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
giphy.gif

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Regardless of the warts he had after game 25 or so, Dobson's a 50 pt defenseman with two years left at only four per.

Though Sweet Lou wants to resign Mayfield I can't see it happening. If I'm Mayfield I take my 5 year, 20m contract from whatever team has a fetish for icings.

That's a number 2 and 3 RD we'd have to replace after signing Debrincat to something ridiculous.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Dobson is one of those players that I think has way more value on Twitter and HFBoards than in reality, but this wouldn't happen.

I could see DeBrincat to NYI for Pageau + Bolduc/Holmstrom + 2nd (or something like that) though.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Dobson is one of those players that I think has way more value on Twitter and HFBoards than in reality, but this wouldn't happen.

I could see DeBrincat to NYI for Pageau + Bolduc/Holmstrom + 2nd (or something like that) though.
So after the Isles lose their #2RHD (Mayfield) to UFA, then they lose a #3C, an inexpensive 6’ 4” #3LHD and throw in a pick of which they have few. In return, we get to spend $9M we don’t have.

Could be a No from the Isles I’m guessing.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
So after the Isles lose their #2RHD (Mayfield) to UFA, then they lose a #3C, an inexpensive 6’ 4” #3LHD and throw in a pick of which they have few. In return, we get to spend $9M we don’t have.

Could be a No from the Isles I’m guessing.

Do the Islanders plan to score more goals next year or will they just grind their way to 88-94 points again?

Debrincat likely signs for $8MX8, not $9M per year.

Pageau + Mayfield for Debrincat + replacement 3rd pairing RD ($1-1.5M) would essentially be cost neutral.

Dobson should be the #2RHD next year, anyway. Shouldn't he?

I think a top 6 with Barzal, Debrincat, Horvat, Lee, Nelson and Palmieri and a top 4 of Pelech, Pulock, Romanov and Dobson would be worth the loss of Mayfield, Pageau and Bolduc, but hey, I could be wrong!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad