Value of: Every team's wants and preferable currency

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Wants= what a team would like to add, whether it be players, prospects or more draft capital
Preferable currency= what a team is comfortable giving up in an exchange for what they want, be it draft capital, prospects, roster players, money (as in being the third team in a deal to retain salaries)

I'll start with my team and hopefully other posters will contribute on behalf of their teams. This way, we can refer to this post before we go targeting other teams' untouchables or asking for assets the other team would prefer not to give up.

I'll bold the primary wants and leave all others.

Toronto Maple Leafs
Wants: Top 6 LW, upgrade Holl at RD
Preferable Currency: Draft picks, bottom 6 forward (for cap purposes), possibly prospects if the player warrants it.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Nashville Predators

Honestly, I don't think there is anything we are looking for right now. That trade picking up Kole Sherwood to shore up Milwaukee is basically right where we are at. With everybody healthy anyway, our 4 forward lines are right where we want them to be, a mix of our top performers playing well and some younger players learning the ropes. Our D is fine, with Myers and Harpur still waiting in the wings for a sniff of action. We're fine with our goaltending tandem and Ingram as #3 in the minors. Sooo.... basically all we need is a top line player in Milwaukee to pick up where Pitlick and Novak were probably expected to be, and maybe a goalie who is a little more mature than Cooley/Vomacka to back up Ingram and take over if he ever gets recalled again - like Grosenick/Kaskisuo most recently did. It's not that we're sitting pretty as contenders or anything, but I don't think that was ever the plan or within reasonable reach. We're right where we thought we'd be.

Wants: AHL 1st line Center and AHL backup goalie
Preferable Currency: Future Considerations

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
:pens

Skilled top line winger - Forsberg or Giroux calibre

Assets: 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, Poulin, POJ, Zucker

2HunnidJoints

Nov 19, 2021
Colorado Avalanche

Kadri having a good contract year, probably pricing himself out of CO. We need a 2C going forward and people are hoping and praying it is Newhook. I am not convinced.

Wants: Strong 2C (think young, Petterson would be perfect)
Preferable: Byram, Toews, Future Considerations

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Colorado Avalanche

Kadri having a good contract year, probably pricing himself out of CO. We need a 2C going forward and people are hoping and praying it is Newhook. I am not convinced.

You would be okay giving up Byram? I thought he's been great for you guys?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

2HunnidJoints

Nov 19, 2021
You would be okay giving up Byram? I thought he's been great for you guys?
He is, but a lot of Avs fans are greedy. We already have Makar. Having a 1-2 punch with MacK and Petterson would get us closer to the cup rather than Makar Byram.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
:sabres

Wants:
Starting Goaltender to be bridge (2-3 years) for future prospects.
RHD - veteran defensive defensemen.

Preferable Currency:
Cap space
Mid to late round draft picks
LHD prospect
hockey trade

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Wants:

Preferable Currency:
Cap space
LHD prospect
hockey trade

Agreed. Emphasis on a bridge tender and the use of cap space to help make that happen, even if it doesn't make them more competitive, only that they need to replace Anderson and move Tokarski back to being the backup.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com

Wants:

Preferable Currency:
Cap space
LHD prospect
hockey trade
Agreed. Emphasis on a bridge tender and the use of cap space to help make that happen, even if it doesn't make them more competitive, only that they need to replace Anderson and move Tokarski back to being the backup.

Is there a fit between TOR/BUF for a Mrazek trade?

I think with how Campbell has been this year, they will be looking to move of from Mrazek and could use the capspace. I don't know how the Leafs management would feel but I imagine they'd be happy to reclaim the capspace for free.

For the Sabres point of view, Mrazek had back to back 40-start seasons so he can play the role of starter and push Tokarski to backup. He is only signed for 2 years beyond this one at $3.8M. The obvious downsides being 1. he probably is move of a 1B kinda option and 2.) hasn't stayed healthy.

Reactions: Jacob582

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Kings
Wants:
-1st line wing, Forsberg, Laine, Pettersson type
-Long term Edler (shutdown LD) replacement
-getting out of vet contracts (not happening)
-possible goalie upgrade
So better forward, D & goalie

King's trade assets
Top 10 protected 1st
Vet contracts (no one taking)
Lots of near nhl ready forward prospects (no Byfield, Turcotte)
RD: have a bunch of RD & RD prospects. (No Clarke)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I think with how Campbell has been this year, they will be looking to move of from Mrazek and could use the capspace. I don't know how the Leafs management would feel but I imagine they'd be happy to reclaim the capspace for free.

For the Sabres point of view, Mrazek had back to back 40-start seasons so he can play the role of starter and push Tokarski to backup. He is only signed for 2 years beyond this one at $3.8M. The obvious downsides being 1. he probably is move of a 1B kinda option and 2.) hasn't stayed healthy.

A 1B would be the sort of bridge they need so that they get at least mildly consistent starting. Anderson broke, which was expected at his age. Dell is worse than advertised and Tokarski has been better than advertised... but trying to roll Tokarski out night after night is showing the cracks in that idea.

I would be surprised if Buffalo wasn't on Mrazek's 10-team NTC list though, but yeah, Buffalo should very much be interested in someone like him (or say someone like either Bishop or Holtby out of Dallas, from a cap perspective though Bishop does have the trade protection list as well).

pockets

I haven't slept for 10 days cuz that'd be too long
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Colorado Avalanche

Don’t listen to this guy, Byram is not available.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
:sharks want space for their young guys and picks and get rid of some contracts. Available would be Labanc most notably but also Simek, Kane, Vlasic, maybe Bonino or Hertl. Obviously two-three of those won’t get traded (Vlasic/Kane) but I’d be looking into it.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

If Mrazek is willing to come to Buffalo, that seems like an ideal low-cost move we should make. When I say low-cost, I mean low cost of acquisition. Toronto wants the cap space and wouldn't need to retain anything. Mrazek's cap hit is fine for Buffalo, and he wouldn't "block" if UPL, Portillo or Levi take a sudden leap to the NHL in a year or two.......and hell, he could make the ideal 1B to a younger 1A.

Maybe something like NJ's 5th rounder this year for Mrazek, if he'll come?

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Vancouver
Wants - new coach, new GM, owners who don't coddle said coach and GM and give many opportunities; reasons for fans to return to the stadium as the on-ice product has offered no incentive to pay so much to attend, defensive system that doesn't render the D-core into an on-ice equivalent of a sieve; an alarm clock to wake the team up (esp. Petey and Brock) from its offensive slumber
(for real, the usual defensive right-handed 3rd C, defensive RHD)

Available - likely Boeser, one of Miller/ Horvat, (as unwilling as fans are, given how Benning wants to save his job) the usual high draft picks :help:

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
For the Oilers:

4/5 vet LHD
Ideal target - Ben Chiarot
Ideal price - 2nd, but price will be difficult based on requiring retention to facilitate a deal.

Proposal:

To EDM: Chiarot 50% retained

To MTL: cond 2nd (may need to be 2023 if 2022 cond of Kieth trade are met), choice of Samorukov/Lavoie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad