Proposal: Evander Kane to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
People say it's a laughable offer but... with his off ice issues that follow him around wherever he goes, I'm not sure if the Sabres could get much more...

People thinking he'd return a late 1st or early 2nd? I don't think so.

His off ice issues are very real and it happens everywhere he goes. Is he a talented hockey player? I guess, but those off ice issues man, not sure many teams want to deal with that type of crap, especially not for what he's being paid.

5 million plus for a guy who has never lived up to his potential, and why? because obviously the guy has some serious off ice behavioural issues.

I don't see teams trading for this guy unless they are giving Buffalo back an equal type of contract, that's tough to do, cuz most guys getting paid what Evander is getting paid, well, they don't come with all the baggage Evander does.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Wouldn't take Kane for free.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

GM's aren't stupid, and that includes Murray. He is doing anything in his power to pawn off Kane.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't know why OTT fans would pass this up.

Does Ray Emery ring a bell?

This could be a good third chance place for Kane.

Mac could be a good vet for Buffalo prospects.

This is a fair proposal.

You mean the Ray Emery Ottawa bought out because of his off ice issues, which pale in comparison to Kane's?

ForSpareParts*

You mean the Ray Emery Ottawa bought out because of his off ice issues, which pale in comparison to Kane's?

:sens

The very one!

I don't know about every single account, but I am sure he was given a few strikes before his termination.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
:sens

The very one!

I don't know about every single account, but I am sure he was given a few strikes before his termination.

And yet you think that having Ray be a cancer before would make the Sens want Kane, who is already worse than Emery was? It's the exact opposite of that. Kane has already had 5-6 strikes.

ForSpareParts*

And yet you think that having Ray be a cancer before would make the Sens want Kane, who is already worse than Emery was? It's the exact opposite of that. Kane has already had 5-6 strikes.

The Murray era is over. Your new GM and E Kane don't have a history. A new beginning and a bold splash. I say yes!

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The Murray era is over. Your new GM and E Kane don't have a history. A new beginning and a bold splash. I say yes!

Why does that matter? Any team taking on Kane is taking on all of Kane's baggage. It doesn't erase a players past by going to a new team.

Tim Murray wouldn't screw his uncle over anyways, he made his mistake, he won't do the same to his uncle.

The bold splash was already made.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
I don't even understand why these threads are made.

They all just turn into Kane bashing threads and amount to "I wouldn't take him for free".

ForSpareParts*

Why does that matter? Any team taking on Kane is taking on all of Kane's baggage. It doesn't erase a players past by going to a new team.

Tim Murray wouldn't screw his uncle over anyways, he made his mistake, he won't do the same to his uncle.

The bold splash was already made.

What mistake?! You talk about him as though he doesn't exist on the ice. He's scored 30 goals before in his career. Why would OTT refuse that?! Some GM's actually ignore minor personal issues in order to win games. This is got to be a important thing for OTT's constant "win now" attitude.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Clarke MacArthur + Matt Puempel for Evander Kane

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Kane-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Lazar

I legitimately don't want him for free. Like, I mean not only does Ottawa not give up any assets - no - I mean even if Buffalo 100% retained on salary and gave him to Ottawa for nothing, the answer is no.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What mistake?! You talk about him as though he doesn't exist on the ice. He's scored 30 goals before in his career. Why would OTT refuse that?! Some GM's actually ignore minor personal issues in order to win games. This is got to be a important thing for OTT's constant "win now" attitude.

Do you think Tim regrets taking on Kane? Obviously, that's what I'd consider a mistake.

He did score 30, 5 seasons ago. That can only take you so far.

Ottawa would refuse that because he isn't worth the headache that he is inevitably going to cause. Buffalo are shopping him for a reason.

Ottawa is not one of these teams, they have taken on Heatley, and Emery. Got rid of them both (Heatley forcing their hand).

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Ever played competitive or junior hockey? Dressing room is absolutely vital.

This is the issue I find with this whole Evander situation.

Is he causing off ice issues and an embarrassing sideshow for himself and the franchise? Yes for sure.

That doesn't equate to him causing issues within the locker room, or his teammates hating him, or working with him. What is happening right now, and causing problems in the locker room are two different things.

You can be an utter piece of **** off the ice, but still be a good teammate or a likable guy in the locker room. He had locker room issues in Winnipeg, but there have been no reports of his teammates having issues with him here.

ForSpareParts*

Do you think Tim regrets taking on Kane? Obviously, that's what I'd consider a mistake.

He did score 30, 5 seasons ago. That can only take you so far.

Ottawa would refuse that because he isn't worth the headache that he is inevitably going to cause. Buffalo are shopping him for a reason.

Ottawa is not one of these teams, they have taken on Heatley, and Emery. Got rid of them both (Heatley forcing their hand).

Shopping him? Did I miss the T. Murray presser where he announced that he is shopping him around?

You can't just go overboard with reaction because of a Twitter report about a trespassing charge.

Ottawa would welcome his jam and his goal scoring potential. So would a lot of teams.

All sorts of teams risk reputation for potential wins. Look at MTL. They do this all the time.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Shopping him? Did I miss the T. Murray presser where he announced that he is shopping him around?

You can't just go overboard with reaction because of a Twitter report about a trespassing charge.

Ottawa would welcome his jam and his goal scoring potential. So would a lot of teams.

All sorts of teams risk reputation for potential wins. Look at MTL. They do this all the time.

I'm tired, you win.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I would gladly take him on my team all i care about is hockey skills

Even if said player tears apart team chemistry cause half the room hates the guy??? We don't know if that the case in Buffalo but it clearly was the case with the Jets. There's more to winning hockey than skill.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Even if said player tears apart team chemistry cause half the room hates the guy??? We don't know if that the case in Buffalo but it clearly was the case with the Jets. There's more to winning hockey than skill.

slap-shot-1_2825473b.jpg

exactly!

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
This is the issue I find with this whole Evander situation.

Is he causing off ice issues and an embarrassing sideshow for himself and the franchise? Yes for sure.

That doesn't equate to him causing issues within the locker room, or his teammates hating him, or working with him. What is happening right now, and causing problems in the locker room are two different things.

You can be an utter piece of **** off the ice, but still be a good teammate or a likable guy in the locker room. He had locker room issues in Winnipeg, but there have been no reports of his teammates having issues with him here.

You're definitely right. I'm just making the assumption that he is ALSO a problem in the locker room.

It's my belief, but you're right that I have no facts to back that up.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Wasn't Setoguchi a 30 goal scorer who had several 20 goal years followed by a sudden drop in performance? Could see Kane having a similar trend due to all the off ice distractions. That or they fuel him into form again
Not worth the gamble at 6 million in salary for two years while losing assets that could very well do almost just as well if healthy at a cheaper cost. MacArthur is a lock for 15 goals if healthy. Puempelis still trying to find his feet in the bigs. Has shown he can compete in the A.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
The self proclaimed Natural would not be happy in a town like Ottawa.... The clubs would not be up to his world class standards.

His value has just dropped off the face of the earth... What a chump

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
You're definitely right. I'm just making the assumption that he is ALSO a problem in the locker room.

It's my belief, but you're right that I have no facts to back that up.

I mean he did have issues in Winnipeg in that regard. I just don't know that we're at that point here in Buffalo.

It's for the best at this point to let the legal system play out and make a decision on Evander based on the results.

If all this amounts to nothing and Evander changes his ways (kind of a big if at this point), then giving him up for nothing is stupid on our part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad