OT: Establishment in Toronto wont play Leaf games

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EDDIE20*

Was there only a single TV in the place? I've been to a Few St. Louis' and they all had quite a few televisions.

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
For what it's worth, it's a dumb business decision, but he's certainly entitled to make it as the owner (even if it is a franchise).

Being that's it's a franchised sports bar, they could easily have rules in place about what is played on the televisions. No idea if that's the case in this instance but when you franchise a store/bar or anything of that nature you don't really own it in the sense that you can do what you want with it, you're given a standard that's to be followed and if it's not you can easily lose your franchise.

I know a guy that owns a couple of Tim Hortons and believe me, you may be the "owner" but you don't decide how that store is run in anyway.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
How do you not see the problem?

For what? Being an moronic asshat ****** of a sports bar manager?

When you allow emotions and personal bias get in the way of how you run a sports bar (one that is franchised all across the province btw) and drive away potential patrons who will just go across the street to the local dive bar and shell out their hard earned money instead, then you're not a very bright business manager to begin with.

Me thinks that the big boss of St Louis Bar and Grill franchise has a completely different philosophy on how customers should be treated and would definitely have something to say about how this guy conducts business in one of his chains.
For starters his decisions affect his income, not mine. Secondly, there has to be enough people who either hate or don't care about the Leafs in Toronto to keep that location afloat and to allow the owner to do what he wants to do. Thirdly, there are thousands of other locations in and around the city that will play the games anyway so why should I care about the lone one that won't?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
For starters his decisions affect his income, not mine. Secondly, there has to be enough people who either hate or don't care about the Leafs in Toronto to keep that location afloat and to allow the owner to do what he wants to do. Thirdly, there are thousands of other locations in and around the city that will play the games anyway so why should I care about the lone one that won't?

Lmao. You are missing the point.

The whole point here is that he isn't a smart business owner. He's allowing paying customers to walk out of his door and go to those "thousands" of competing restaurants around the corner who have the leaf game on.

He needs to put his ego aside. That's the problem we're discussing here.

EDDIE20*

Lmao. You are missing the point.

The whole point here is that he isn't a smart business owner. He's allowing paying customers to walk out of his door and go to those "thousands" of competing restaurants around the corner who have the leaf game on.

He needs to put his ego aside. That's the problem we're discussing here.

This.

I wonder what will be on his TV once the Habs are out in the first round.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I know eh! I wasn't aware that we were in America and like college basketball over hockey.

But on that note, any Leaf fan living in Ottawa; go to the Earl on Sussex. The bartender is a beauty and a massive Leaf fan. When Coaches Corner went on last night, he turned up the volume so that we could all hear what Don was saying :laugh:
I'm aware that this is a hockey thread full of pick head hosers like myself, but the NCAA final four is an overall bigger deal than regular season game # xx of the NHL season. The beer running out is entirely another inexcusable issue

Ryancoke13

May 4, 2012
Great business move...

Now he can soon claim bankruptcy and go back to montreal

Have fun playing Expo's games in the summer when the Habs lose 4 straight to whoever they play

Ace88*

lol we should all spamcall the **** out of that place and get irate over him not playing the leafs game. Alternatively, get as many leafs fans as possible to go there next time we play the Habs and get chirp the ever-loving hell out of him :laugh:

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
part of me understands, because the NHL should never have the Leafs play the Devils on a Saturday night

worst Leafs win entertainment wise all year

but this is Toronto, we need to see our Leafs

should be a law against showing anything else when the Leafs are playing

BicBootyBoi

Jan 22, 2013
Toronto
I go to that St Louis so many Tuesdays for the past 2 years, I thought he was a Leafs fan since I've never missed a Leafs game there.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I'm not sure where us Leafs fans get off chirping Habs fans and saying they'll bomb out in the first round. Our team hasn't even MADE the playoffs in 9 years.

On this topic, is the owner stupid? Yes. Is he possibly affecting his own income? Yes. Can he do what he wants in a free market? Yes. I don't get the logic behind not showing the Leafs game in Toronto on Saturday night but his loss in the long run.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Just curious, there was a thread on the general board last week where they concluded that the leafs weren't popular at all in Saskatchewan. Apparently, it's mainly Oiler fans, followed by the Canucks or Habs...then bandwagoners that follow the Pens, etc.

Not true at all.....Leafs are huge here.....all you have to do is go to a Bar and see.....Leaf fans out number all others. I also notice a lot of stores have an abundance of Hab stuff. Last week I was in Old Navy and they had some NHL t Shirts.....they were all on sale except the Leafs and there were a ton of Canucks, Flames and Habs T shirts and only a few of the Leafs.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Not true at all.....Leafs are huge here.....all you have to do is go to a Bar and see.....Leaf fans out number all others. I also notice a lot of stores have an abundance of Hab stuff. Last week I was in Old Navy and they had some NHL t Shirts.....they were all on sale except the Leafs and there were a ton of Canucks, Flames and Habs T shirts and only a few of the Leafs.

Might just be the anti-leafs narrative on the general board

darty

Dec 1, 2008
He can do what he wants, but so too can the OP tell everyone this story and save us all the trouble of ever giving this guy a cent. I won't be going there ever, hockey game on or not. Word of mouth can do lots of damage in the business world. Thanks, OP!

BayStreetBullies*

I'm not sure where us Leafs fans get off chirping Habs fans and saying they'll bomb out in the first round. Our team hasn't even MADE the playoffs in 9 years.

Don't worry, they'll make the playoffs this season. There, I said it. And then you can go back to finding more ways to defend the Habs.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If there's only 1 TV there it's not a big deal.

If I owned a Montreal resturant and had only 1 TV and the Leafs were on I'd want to show that game/watch it myself.

Would it hurt business? Sure.

Maybe there was a habs fan there who asked to watch the habs game.

If he had more than 1 TV then he's a moron

Metal God

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
I go to that St Louis so many Tuesdays for the past 2 years, I thought he was a Leafs fan since I've never missed a Leafs game there.

Maybe it was on nights that the Habs weren't playing?

I'm going to look at sending a complaint to head office because I found his reply to be that of an asshat.

I have think skin, but since he was rude AND a Habs fan. I'm not letting this slide.

There are approximately (give or take) 10 TVs in the joint. It's a fairly small place so thats a lot for them.

I've been there on a weeknight about a month ago. Leafs weren't playing that night. The Raptors were and they also played Hockey, so its not that big of a deal to have different games on.

Bad business.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad