Post-Game Talk: Error Code: BOS3-2MTL Too Many Penalties Allowed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Backes put his face in the way of Drouin's stick. Sold that bleeding really well too. What a POS.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Because it means that the centre is not good enough offensively. Look. This is ridiculous. Danault is a decent third line C. Playing on the top 2 lines. Which has been happening with Habs for ten ****ing years. Maybe more. People are just pissed off at this and rightly so. It's not Danault's fault. But that doesn't mean we have to think he's a good 2C. Give it up. Have some freaking standards.

In your perfect world where a 2c is a 60-65 pts guy and a 3c is a 40pts guy, sure Danault is below average. I live in a realistic world where a team can't always have two great Cs on it.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This team is poorly constructed and apparently some folks still don't see it.
We've blown three games for sure this year and they All had the same element leading up to our defeat our boys getting involved in needless altercations.

Reactions: Runner77

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'm tired so may be misunderstanding.
You're calling the Boston d out as terrible by calling them clowns, right? Is this a backhand complaint about Montreal's offence?

That Boston D right now are awful. The backhand complain is towards our own D who looks even worst.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Danault 24 games 1 goal 13 assists Average time 17:40/game plays with gallagher/Tatar
Kotkaniemi 24games 3 goals 9 assists average time 13:55/game plays with Lekhonen(lol) Agostino(lolx2) and Armia.

1 is 18 year olds
1 is 25 year olds

Who got more skill to score a ****ing goal
dont @ me
One turned 18 in August

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I was at the Bell, it was a very enjoyable game to watch, alot of hard hitting/dirty play, both teams worked very hard, execution was pretty good on both sides for the most part, too bad it had to end with Drouin stupid and selfish penalty and Shaw breaking his stick on the PK after killing the 1st 2min fairly easily. Well, the guys are working their butt off and they are very entertaining to watch so thats all im asking for this year!!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
1 goal in 24 games for a center playing on the top 2 lines is major suckage. 'Get a clue'. LOL

1 stat doesn't define anything. He was on pace for 50 points heading into the game tonight.
Danault has 14 points the same as Oshie, Zajac, konecny, Kovalchuk, Flippula, Okposo, Tropcheck, and one more than Simmonds, Colin White, Nick Foligno, Brayden Schenn, Werenski, Clayton Keller, Reilly Smith (playing with Marchessault and Karlesson), and two more than Duclair, Toffoli, the great Lars Eller, Patrick Marleau, Niedereitter, Jake Debrusk, Jake Virtanen, Jimmy Vesey, Jordan Eberle, Silverberg, Jordan Staal, Adam Henrique, David Perron, Brock Boeser, Charlie Coyle, Tyler Bozak, Michael Backlund, Artem Anisimov, Frans Nielson, Derek Stepan, etc... etc...

I guess all those players suck based on 1 stat.

Danault has sucked the last few games, not the whole season. Big difference.

Reactions: Pickles

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I'd trade Petry for... whatever. Never liked that glorified plug.
Huh? The guy is a really good 2nd pair D man. He makes good plays all the time both on D and O if you take the time to watch him carefully. I want him traded for a really good pick. Otherwise he's the least of my worries.

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
This is an 82 point team. No more, no less. We're just back to stuck in neutral instead of historically bad. No tank, no playoffs. Just existence.

Back to stuck to neutral?
You realize in the bergevin era, we've either been a 100+ pt team or a bottom 9 team?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
In your perfect world where a 2c is a 60-65 pts guy and a 3c is a 40pts guy, sure Danault is below average. I live in a realistic world where a team can't always have two great Cs on it.

I don't know any realistic world where a good 2nd line center is a barely 40 points player. Yes he can have a few 45 something points seasons but if he can't do 50 in 82 a couple of times in his career he's not a 2nd line center.

I don't understand why some guys still pretend he is a 2nd line center. It's a mystery to me. Reduce his TOI and he's Lars Eller.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Back to stuck to neutral?
You realize in the bergevin era, we've either been a 100+ pt team or a bottom 9 team?
2015-2016 was an 82 point season for Montreal. 38-38-6 record. We also ranked 9th worst. Those things are not exclusive.

We're definitely more competitive this year, but we have still major issues.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Not very good on the ice lately either.

I guess we’re not watching the same games or we dont have the same expectations for this team but i tought we played well the last two games. Execution and defensive structure we’re alot better, its 2 loses so if you look at the result only i guess for you it means that the team played bad, but for me i enjoy the last 2 games alot more then the ugly win in Calgary.

Reactions: Archijerej

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Danault cant score. He isn’t a top 6 center. His point pace is from minutes, and even then he’s being carried by players overachieving. His points come off of line mates since he got here.

Reactions: bsl

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
1 stat doesn't define anything. He was on pace for 50 points heading into the game tonight.
Danault has 14 points the same as Oshie, Zajac, konecny, Kovalchuk, Flippula, Okposo, Tropcheck, and one more than Simmonds, Colin White, Nick Foligno, Brayden Schenn, Werenski, Clayton Keller, Reilly Smith (playing with Marchessault and Karlesson), and two more than Duclair, Toffoli, the great Lars Eller, Patrick Marleau, Niedereitter, Jake Debrusk, Jake Virtanen, Jimmy Vesey, Jordan Eberle, Silverberg, Jordan Staal, Adam Henrique, David Perron, Brock Boeser, Charlie Coyle, Tyler Bozak, Michael Backlund, Artem Anisimov, Frans Nielson, Derek Stepan, etc... etc...

I guess all those players suck based on 1 stat.

Danault has sucked the last few games, not the whole season. Big difference.

And Danualt is 'great' at even strength based on what. One stat? Cause that's all there is if you want to talk stats. 13 assists in 24 games with very good wingers on the top 2 lines. I get it.

17:35/GM
1 G
13 A (The one stat that even stands out and still kinda sucks given his ice time and line mates.)
+0
10 PIM
0 PPA
2 PPG
0 Short handed goals
0 Short Handed assists
0 Game winning goals
38 SOG (LOL)
.026 Shooting % (LOL)
237 Face offs won BUT:
222 Face offs lost
20 Hits (LOL again)
14 Blocks

Can you imagine what the stats would look like if he played on line 3 all year? The guy is a good defensive no 3C. Even there he barely does anything else. BTW, he is owned by 3% of thousands of participants in the largest hockey pool in North America. As a 17:30 minute a night no 2C.That is very likely the lowest of all regular no 2 C men in the league. And large numbers of opinions do count.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
On the bright side, Mete played his best game this year, alot more involve offensively,the poor guy just cant find a way to bury one!! The 4th line finally got an identity, playing some decent hockey since Chaput got called up. Now lets bring back the Shea, we’re moving the puck pretty well on the pp, Weber will have some very nice look to use his Bomb!!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Denying facts with bad arguments when your narrative no longer works. Danault is a solid offensive player while being a solid 5v5 defensive player. That makes him a second liner. And I don't think any NHL teams are really scared from a 2C apart from Malkin and Tavares
LOL. Take a look at my post below on stats. Do you even watch other games? Other team's players?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad