Erie Otters 2023-24 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Anyone know when the OHL schedule release is? Hoping it could be this week or next
Usually they will post the home opener schedule on a Wednesday and the regular season the next Thursday. I could be wrong, but that’s how I remember it.

We are hoping it comes out soon. Trying to make our road trip plans this season.

Reactions: Mata

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Anyone know when the OHL schedule release is? Hoping it could be this week or next
Kingston one has been up already for about a week maybe 2 but not released to public yet- just finalizing stuff. I assume whenever the ohl figures out stuff like concert dates they’ll post it

Guy In Burlington

Mar 17, 2022
If it helps answer your question, last year’s schedule was released June 27, 2023. The schedule for the previous year was released June 16, 2022.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Why do we seem to be the only team who has yet to sign anyone? Understandably they wouldn’t sign EVERYONE who went to camp. I expected at least Challenger to sign post rookie camp at minimum.

Last edited:

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Why do we seem to be the only team who has yet to sign anyone? Understandably they wouldn’t sign EVERYONE who went to camp. I expected at least Challenger to sign post rookie camp at minimum.

I count 4 openings minimum at offense with McDonald, Misiak, Bressette, and Smith likely departing.

Goalie, I'd have to imagine Burns/Gibbons to start.

Defensively, we only lose Johnston and I'm not so sure there is an opening to crack an opening day spot unless someone really impresses.

Challenger is the most intriguing without a doubt, however D'Allesio and Ambrosio likely stay down if they are going to be future prospects.

Perhaps with the combinations of trades/moves that need to happen and the new kids wanting/demanding playing time they just aren't close to being on the same page?

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Terrance - Spence - Edwards?
Fimis - Molnar - Import?
Messier - Roysten - Alfano?
Challenger? - Hammond?

Sova/Henry
Schaefer/Sauder
Daviault/Holomego
Knight

Burns/Gibbons
Import/Trade?

Just throwing out our guys here in no real particular order, but we will need to fill a 4th line with new players and/or trades. We have hopefully 1 impact import player whom will likely be a forward or goalie which is why I put them at either forward or goalie but feel as though a trade for a goalie is the cheapest, most effective route and trying to pull another higher end forward.

Reactions: NOA

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Terrance - Spence - Edwards?
Fimis - Molnar - Import?
Messier - Roysten - Alfano?
Challenger? - Hammond?

Sova/Henry
Schaefer/Sauder
Daviault/Holomego
Knight

Burns/Gibbons
Import/Trade?

Just throwing out our guys here in no real particular order, but we will need to fill a 4th line with new players and/or trades. We have hopefully 1 impact import player whom will likely be a forward or goalie which is why I put them at either forward or goalie but feel as though a trade for a goalie is the cheapest, most effective route and trying to pull another higher end forward.
I could see them bringing up one of D’Allesio or Ambrosio spending the season here over Holomego. Ambrosio had a grit to him that we could use. Both prospects looked promising. I’m not sold on Sauder being a lock either. I could see them trading him for picks. He’s consistent and has the experience and size. I wouldn’t be heartbroken if he’s gone.

I feel like Erie typically has a 16 year old dman on the roster to build experience.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Schedule is out. They have the Otters at home the day before Thanksgiving instead of (American) Thanksgiving day. At first I thought it was a typo. But they haven't sold out the game in recent years. Moving it to Wednesday might make sense. No football on TV and that's a big night for bars.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Wait is there drama over that not being a game? Or are you yourself being dramatic by wording it that way… Hope it’s the latter
A lot of people who went to rookie camp asked the front office when we would see some prospects signed. Chad said they would sign closer to training camp in August. It’s my guess that because the change in schedule didn’t go over well with a lot of fans, they randomly announced Challenger’s signing. We all saw he signed a few weeks ago based on social media that he had Otters issued gear.

As for the lack of Thanksgiving game, I wasn’t a fan of the change. I prefer to go to the game on the holiday. We don’t travel downtown because it’s chaotic the day before Thanksgiving. It is what it is, we will adjust accordingly.

EOtterstracker

Oct 13, 2023
Anybody here know/be willing to give up any sources for early information? I’m not sure since it’s just the OHL and it’s not as well known. It’s not like whoever Elliotte Friedman gets his stuff from lol.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
A lot of people who went to rookie camp asked the front office when we would see some prospects signed. Chad said they would sign closer to training camp in August. It’s my guess that because the change in schedule didn’t go over well with a lot of fans, they randomly announced Challenger’s signing. We all saw he signed a few weeks ago based on social media that he had Otters issued gear.

As for the lack of Thanksgiving game, I wasn’t a fan of the change. I prefer to go to the game on the holiday. We don’t travel downtown because it’s chaotic the day before Thanksgiving. It is what it is, we will adjust accordingly.
Flint plays that night every year and it’s often a sellout or close to it.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015

Challenger having Erie gear prior to signing is not at all unusual, especially with 1st round picks who will almost always inevitably sign hence why they picked him where they did. It also doesn’t seem ideal to sign a kid and then not give him the proper 2024 social media treatment by posting it soon after, but rather waiting weeks to announce. If I was the 16 year old, I would be a bit hurt or annoyed by that

While I understand some fans being frustrated or disappointed with the Thanksgiving game change, I’m not one of them. That’s a busy day for most people and I’ve had years where I don’t go simply because by the time 5-6pm rolls around, I’m no longer in the mood and it’s been a long day. I didn’t really think much of the change until you posted about it and linked it to Challenger because imo it’s a minor change and one they could just be experimenting with and return to day of game next year depending on ticket sales and crowd response

Reactions: OttersFan

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Challenger having Erie gear prior to signing is not at all unusual, especially with 1st round picks who will almost always inevitably sign hence why they picked him where they did. It also doesn’t seem ideal to sign a kid and then not give him the proper 2024 social media treatment by posting it soon after, but rather waiting weeks to announce. If I was the 16 year old, I would be a bit hurt or annoyed by that

While I understand some fans being frustrated or disappointed with the Thanksgiving game change, I’m not one of them. That’s a busy day for most people and I’ve had years where I don’t go simply because by the time 5-6pm rolls around, I’m no longer in the mood and it’s been a long day. I didn’t really think much of the change until you posted about it and linked it to Challenger because imo it’s a minor change and one they could just be experimenting with and return to day of game next year depending on ticket sales and crowd response
unless they told the kid the reason and he was cool with it. I can’t imagine they didn’t tell him they were not gonna announce it for weeks. why wouldn’t they?

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
unless they told the kid the reason and he was cool with it. I can’t imagine they didn’t tell him they were not gonna announce it for weeks. why wouldn’t they?
Is changing a Thanksgiving day game to the night before enough of a reason though? It’s not that serious of a thing…

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Is changing a Thanksgiving day game to the night before enough of a reason though? It’s not that serious of a thing…
I have no idea or care why, I k ow kids sign all the time and are asked to wait to announce it

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I have no idea or care why, I k ow kids sign all the time and are asked to wait to announce it
Ok well we were talking about the context, the timing, and how one poster related it to the schedule release. So asking a kid to wait multiple weeks for that specific reason (regarding no thanksgiving game) sounds extremely odd and if true, then gulp. Yikes. The organization is in much rougher shape than I thought

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad