GWT: EPL - Matchweek 6

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Watched the first half, but couldn't bring myself to watch the second. Sure it was only 1-0 at half, so theoretically United could have stolen a point, but it was just an atrocious game to watch.

I'm pretty done with this team until ETH is gone. Every single week they come out and look disjointed. Basically every player on the pitch looks like they barely know what they're supposed to be doing, never mind knowing what their teammates are supposed to be doing in order to actually execute an attacking move.

The red seemed incredibly weak to me, but I can't even bring myself to get upset about it. They looked like trash before it and I'm sure they continued to look like trash after it.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
First time at the Emirates yesterday. You can thank me for bringing the vibes for the late win ;)

IMG_1793.jpeg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
My thoughts on a super crazy and wild weekend.

- That was the first legitimate PK deserved for Gordon. He's always diving and throwing himself into players to get draws, so him actually getting a legit PK is pretty remarkable. I thought City was the better team, but thankfully Pep loves overthinking and playing Ederson. However, I understand that "boxing out" is a major form of defence everyone utilises, but I have seen so many weaker pens get called compared to that Walker challenge. That could've and should've been a pen.

- I keep reading about Dark Arts FC regarding Arsenal and we made it a lot harder on themselves. However, our set pieces are just unmatched at the moment. I thought clubs would eventually adjust considering how many goals we score from it, but the coach is a true revelation. It must be so hard to defend against Arsenal because they make it so tough for goalkeepers to go and grab the ball with all the bodies in the way. With that said, our home performance needs to get better, outside of United, it seems The Emirates is one of the places where a team can come in and steal something from any of the big six clubs. I do have a major issue with the Havertz goal, WTF was Jesus thinking? He has his head down the entire time with two players on him and he still decides to shoot it? Like, he made the worst play possible that it was so bad that it turned out to be a goal. Disastrous decision-making by him. Finally, extremely surprised that Calafiori was made a CB; his footwork, pace, and energy are so good that he could honestly be a #10. Makes perfect sense why Arteta brought him in as an LB and then CB combo.

- I gotta give some credit to Chelsea for getting the results, even if their schedule has been absurdly easy. They were losing to these types of clubs last season, but damn some of those goals in that match were so incredibly bad. Not even schoolboys would make those mistakes, both by Brighton as a club and Sanchez/Caicedo.

- Ndiaye is effin' amazing.

- Not worried about Wolves as of yet, but they need to start digging in and getting some results.

- Emilio has been allowing some really ghastly goals so far this season, making them drop points. Any thoughts on this @JPBolts ? Like that first Ipswitch goal should have been saved no questions asked.

- United is such a gift and I guarantee they will beat Porto to give ten Hag more wonderful faith by the front office. Not that I was going against them today, but seeing them get dominated at home put a smile on my face even if it was against the Spuds. Fernandes was definitely an orange card for me, but because he slips, I see it more as a yellow. That was not intended to be violent. It was beyond hilarious that the ref was telling Bruno to GTFO before VAR did the final cheque lol. That made my day on top of that due to the sheer incompetence of the refs. I think Dalot is #20 for United, yes? If so, he was absolutely shambolic tonight and that is a club with Casemiro on it lol.

- Where would the Spurs be without Kulusevski? He is by far away their second-best player after Son.

Watched the first half, but couldn't bring myself to watch the second. Sure it was only 1-0 at half, so theoretically United could have stolen a point, but it was just an atrocious game to watch.
You should've stayed for the United fans' faces at the end of the match, it was pretty brutal but amazing to watch.

Undeserved? Leicester’s goals were a deflection and a volley that Justin misses 999 times out of 1000 and Hermansen had the game of his life.
I fully agree, but every team gets beat by superb goals and random deflections all the time. We need to understand that deflections are a huge part of goals against for every team. Ask City and LFC fans in matches against us for the past couple of years. You gotta keep fighting through it and Arsenal did, but we should've scored four by the 80th-minute mark IMHO due to how much we dominated.

He is by far and away their best player for the past two seasons. He's still a bit too cocky/punk attitude, but he should become an 80-90 million-pound winger for Real Madrid three seasons from now.

Gareth will be ironing his best waistcoat as we speak.
On NBC, they were declaring that Southgate would be the favourite with Tuchel as second. Not sure why they don't go after Zidane, he seems like a decent hire at this point in time. Southgate would be amazing, that would be better than this bald bloke who keeps making my day.

Give Erik more time and patience
That's why I keep hoping that United wins some matches to get them back in the belief zone. The more games he gets, the more we all benefit from being non-United fans lol.

First time at the Emirates yesterday. You can thank me for bringing the vibes for the late win ;)

View attachment 910873
How did the place react after the Trossard goal?

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Meh, he can run fast and has good skills with the ball, but he's nothing special as a CB, which requires more important attributes in defending. Don't get me wrong, he's still a great signing, but not one I am deeply scared of as a fan of a rival club compared to facing van Dijk.

If I was going to rate Spurs players it would be...

1. Son
------------- (little gap)
2. Kulusevski
-------------
-------------
------------- (sizeable gap)
-------------
3. van de Ven
-------------
4. Porro
-------------
-------------
-------------
-------------
5. Rest of the squad

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
In this system, I'll take Romero and VDV over any two CB in the league. 2nd fewest goals allowed so far, 3rd fewest shots on target. Those 2 are their strength and I would take those 2 over anyone else on the club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad