GWT: EPL - Matchweek 6

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Still can't get over how brain-dead between the ears Robert Sanchez is with the ball.

Why did they loan out Petrovic instead of him. He wasn't great at playing it out but he didn't give up possession/chances from it constantly either.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Still can't get over how brain-dead between the ears Robert Sanchez is with the ball.

Why did they loan out Petrovic instead of him. He wasn't great at playing it out but he didn't give up possession/chances from it constantly either.
Petrovic was a very "safe" goalkeeeper. Solid shot stopper and a low risk player on the ball. Poch really valued that, but I think Maresca wants someone who will take risks to move the ball.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Petrovic was a very "safe" goalkeeeper. Solid shot stopper and a low risk player on the ball. Poch really valued that, but I think Maresca wants someone who will take risks to move the ball.
I don’t understand keeping well enough to be able to parse out differences between eye test and underlyings. my impression of Petro was similar to yours, but his underlying shot stopping numbers were awful. Amongst the worst in the league, and significantly worse than Sanchez.

Yesterday not withstanding, Sanchez has started the season really excellently. His stopping has been high level and he’s been a vacuum on crosses (crucial because of our back lines frailties in that regard). I’ve been impressed.

I think the errors yesterday were largely psychological (playing against old team, getting booed, etc). And he redeemed himself with some very good saves later on

Reactions: Blender

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
They look worse today, to me. Especially with such a clear, early dagger, you’d think they’d pick up the competitive edge. They’re playing like they want a new manager.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad