GWT: EPL - Matchweek 6

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Assuming health isn’t horrid - I don’t understand why people aren’t instantly placing Arsenal as favorites. Surely with City losing one of their best players and Arsenal being seen as “right there” - this would be a massive failure to not win, no?

I feel like this is some sort of pre-cope
Assuming health isn't horrid is a big assumption given that our captain is missing multiple months, our new signing is missing multiple months, our GK is injured, we might not have a healthy RB at the moment, etc.

Zubimendi wouldn't leave the beautiful Basque Country for Merseyside, but maybe he'd leave it to live an hour away from Merseyside?
An hour away for twice the salary

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Assuming health isn't horrid is a big assumption given that our captain is missing multiple months, our new signing is missing multiple months, our GK is injured, we might not have a healthy RB at the moment, etc.

An hour away for twice the salary
Isn’t Merino returning asap here? Come on with the other ones. Those are all guys Arteta said are either in this squad or will be in contention the following week.

Odegaard out for months vs Rodri for the entire season. I’m factoring that into my equation.

I still think it’s a pre-cope. We know that when injuries hit, things need to be reassessed. When Odegaard went out, I immediately dashed Arsenal’s title hopes. This is more significant the other way and now I think they should be favourites.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Isn’t Merino returning asap here? Come on with the other ones. Those are all guys Arteta said are either in this squad or will be in contention the following week.

Odegaard out for months vs Rodri for the entire season. I’m factoring that into my equation.

I still think it’s a pre-cope. We know that when injuries hit, things need to be reassessed. When Odegaard went out, I immediately dashed Arsenal’s title hopes. This is more significant the other way and now I think they should be favourites.
The point is more that this all opens the door for someone else

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The point is more that this all opens the door for someone else
Oh okay I get it

I somewhat concede - I get it. Gap from both of them to the rest of the league has decreased

But I don’t think any of the teams in the tier below sniff them still.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Surely one of the deepest and most expensive teams in PL history can overcome an injury to one key player? As others have said, plenty of other teams have had to work through major injuries over the years, let's see how MC copes given their record without Rodri isn't stellar the last season or two.

But I mean it's September - to say anyone's got this thing locked up now is a bit ridiculous no matter how you slice it. Lots of very good teams out there and Arsenal's just one of them.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Zubimendi wouldn't leave the beautiful Basque Country for Merseyside, but maybe he'd leave it to live an hour away from Merseyside?
We will see how much Zubimendi loves the mountains if Sociedad is still (1 Goal Difference away from being) in the relegation zone in January

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I don't think City's depth is that great apart from same type of offensive midfielders. For example they have no real cover for Haaland at all. Sure they can alter their system if the Norwegian goes down and still win matches, but with Rodri already out, they aren't clear favourites by any means.

Even with Odegaard missing time, Arsenal are in a better shape. With Chelsea in an easier European competition and more players getting back from injuries, their chances don't look bad at all.

Reactions: S E P H

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Arsenal are literally in fourth place. You can either admit it's too early in the season to predict anything or you can say they are fourth most likely to win. These are the only two stances I will accept :D

As a random consideration, we only barely edged out Liverpool to second last year and they are currently ahead of us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad