GWT: EPL - Matchweek 6

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The week kicks off with a stiff test for Man City, fresh off stealing a draw against a 10 man side, who heads up to Newcastle missing talismanic midfielder, Rodri. We also get a London derby when the Bees host the Irons of West Ham, while we get an alleged big 6 clash when United face Tottenham to see which club stays in the top half of the table, if either.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
Newcastle UnitedManchester CitySat., Sep. 28, 6:30 AMSt. James's Park
ChelseaBrighton & Hove AlbionSat., Sep. 28, 9:00 AMStamford Bridge
BrentfordWest Ham UnitedSat., Sep. 28, 9:00 AMGtech Community Stadium
EvertonCrystal PalaceSat., Sep. 28, 9:00 AMGoodison Park
ArsenalLeicester CitySat., Sep. 28, 9:00 AMThe Emirates
Nottingham ForestFulhamSat., Sep. 28, 9:00 AMCity Ground
Wolverhampton WanderersLiverpoolSat., Sep. 28, 11:30 AMMolineux Stadium
Ipswich TownAston VillaSun., Sep. 29, 8:00 AMPortman Road
Manchester UnitedTottenham HotspurSun., Sep. 29, 10:30 AMOld Trafford
BournemouthSouthamptonMon., Sep. 30, 2:00 PMVitality Stadium

Reactions: maclean

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
City are gonna lose at Newcastle, Arsenal are gonna lose at Leicester, Liverpool are gonna lose at Wolves, and Villa are gonna lose at Ipswich.

Chelsea are finishing this weekend top of the table. You heard it here first.
Wouldn't be surprised to see one of them lose with this heavy fixture schedule.

Villa were inches from Wycombe having 3-4 (or at least a tie) That one was wide open.
Actually City too were very close to their match getting tied up.

Chelsea the only ones that coasted.
(yes they all rested most starters)

Still. City w/o Rodri can be messy... and Arsenal w/o Odegaard can be messy.

Reactions: luiginb

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I really hope Chelsea isn't on the way to getting it figured out. I didn't think they would because if they are, that's a problem because their ceiling is very high if they roll a Yahtzee.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Wouldn't be surprised to see one of them lose with this heavy fixture schedule.

Villa were inches from Wycombe having 3-4 (or at least a tie) That one was wide open.
Actually City too were very close to their match getting tied up.

Chelsea the only ones that coasted.
(yes they all rested most starters)

Still. City w/o Rodri can be messy... and Arsenal w/o Odegaard can be messy.
City was a terrible ref decision away from drawing (shocking, I know).

Arsenal coasted, too, it should be said.

Reactions: S E P H

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Son may have picked up a knock on the 3rd Spurs goal last night, he sat down on the pitch during the celebration and was subbed off, he status for ManU is up in the air.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Assuming health isn’t horrid - I don’t understand why people aren’t instantly placing Arsenal as favorites. Surely with City losing one of their best players and Arsenal being seen as “right there” - this would be a massive failure to not win, no?

I feel like this is some sort of pre-cope

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Assuming health isn’t horrid - I don’t understand why people aren’t instantly placing Arsenal as favorites. Surely with City losing one of their best players and Arsenal being seen as “right there” - this would be a massive failure to not win, no?

I feel like this is some sort of pre-cope
I’m having a hard time with Arsenal this year. The results speak for themselves so far. But I don’t think they’ve looked good whatsoever.

Is this a team that is cruising and can win even when they’re shit? The marker of a strong team?

Or are results gonna regress to the mean

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
I’m having a hard time with Arsenal this year. The results speak for themselves so far. But I don’t think they’ve looked good whatsoever.

Is this a team that is cruising and can win even when they’re shit? The marker of a strong team?

Or are results gonna regress to the mean

I think it’s pretty dull to just assume Arsenal are the only team who will feast on Rodris injury. It’s like people want’s to point at them if they ”fail” this opportunity. Other teams in the top should also see their chance.

With that said having already checked off a couple of tough away matches and still in the mix makes things kinda promising.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think it’s pretty dull to just assume Arsenal are the only team who will feast on Rodris injury. It’s like people want’s to point at them if they ”fail” this opportunity. Other teams in the top should also see their chance.

With that said having already checked off a couple of tough away matches and still in the mix makes things kinda promising.
Who are the other teams that will feast on Rodri's injury?

Arsenal were projected to be neck and neck with City pre-Rodri injury. Why should we be bringing other teams into the equation now that the pressure is on Arsenal?

How does this not make them the favorite for a majority when most people saw it as pretty 50/50 going into the season? I absolutely will point at them if they fail (again, barring significant injury because I don't think people take into account how much injuries impact things).

I think it's totally fine to set markers of success as long as the context is factored. Example: Chelsea not making top four would be horrific and an utter failure. They actually have depth at every position that isn't CB where the Monaco brothers are the big standout blackholes.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Who are the other teams that will feast on Rodri's injury?

Arsenal were projected to be neck and neck with City pre-Rodri injury. Why should we be bringing other teams into the equation now that the pressure is on Arsenal?

How does this not make them the favorite for a majority when most people saw it as pretty 50/50 going into the season? I absolutely will point at them if they fail (again, barring significant injury because I don't think people take into account how much injuries impact things).

I think it's totally fine to set markers of success as long as the context is factored. Example: Chelsea not making top four would be horrific and an utter failure. They actually have depth at every position that isn't CB where the Monaco brothers are the big standout blackholes.

Since it’s only five matches in and there are still other teams in the mix i think it’s hard to say Arsenal should just do it. If it was half the season and City and Arsenal were way ahead of everyone i would agree, but not at this point. There is yet to be seen if it’s gonna be neck and neck.

I would agree they are favorites among the rest but not as big as counting it as an utter failure. At least not if they make it to like 90+ and another team just doing an incredible season.

Yeah but despite all money Chelsea has spent people still expect them to be shit so if they make it even close to top 4 that would be considered an achievement.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
It would also be a complete joke if City could spend even a dime in january with the 115 charges hanging over them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad