Value of: Enroth

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
San Jose possibly? Unless they use Armalis or some other prospect.

With Anaheim acquiring Bernier, I don't know of any others.

I've been saying this for a long time, I hope we sign Enroth to ease the load of Jones. If we don't sign anyone though, it'll more than likely be Aaron Dell

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
FWIW he just wanted more playing time last year, but he was a bargain at 1.5 million.

Probably just wants a little bit of security. I'm not sure he has the consistency to be a full-time starter, but I honestly think he's holding out for a multi-year deal

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
he probably wants to go somewhere where he can play 25-30 games.

toronto seems like a good landing spot.

2 years, 2 million per

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
San Jose possibly? Unless they use Armalis or some other prospect.

With Anaheim acquiring Bernier, I don't know of any others.

We could use an experienced backup, at least in the opinion of a lot of us fans. Barring a huge surprise in training camp, our backup is likely to be Dell, who has been pretty good at the AHL level. Armalis will probably be starting for the AHL club if Dell is up with the Sharks.

As for Enroth, he's certainly the best veteran option on the market right now. But IIRC, he's been up and down the last few years, so there is definitely some risk there. Of course, if he were flawlessly awesome, he'd be a permanent starter somewhere. So if we were going to grab someone, he'd be at the top of the list.

He is, however, the victim of a very soft goalie market at the moment. There is no one out there looking for a starter at the moment whatsoever, except MAYBE Dallas, but they're more likely to trade for Bishop than sign Enroth. Right now I think it's only maybe San Jose and Toronto that are even in the market for a backup. I am not 100% familiar with Toronto's situation, but I am pretty sure Doug Wilson is just fine with going into the season with Dell as the backup. This gives Enroth absolutely no leverage whatsoever, and there is no way a bidding war develops. As a result, he's likely going to have to take somewhere between what Montoya and Chad Johnson got, or he's just not going to find a job. He'll be doing really well if he gets 1.5m, I think, even on a 1 year deal. (which might be best for him, since goalie market next summer might be better, IIRC)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad