GDT: End of Season Media Availability | Players, Tocchet, Allvin | 11:00AM PST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DiggerDan

Jul 22, 2003
Canada
hfboards.com
Watched the Alvin / Tocchet interview and was really, really impressed with the honest and genuine approach they took. No excuses. Clear direction.

Along with Rutherford, RJ, Granato, Castonguay, Foote, Gonchar, and the Sedins (surely missing more), I think this is the best management and coaching staff we've ever had. Looking forward to the off season, which is also exciting. Despite the recent loss, its a great time to be a Canucks fan.

Paterson is a nice guy and this is far from an Edmonton/Draisaitl situation where a player snaps back at a reporter for an actual stupid question, and a stupid question wasn't asked to Hronek.

I get that he's super media shy but he needs to be better than that, no matter how disappointed he is in himself regarding his weak performance down the stretch.

I dunno. Paterson is cringy at times, and those were pretty terrible questions.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Now that I listen to this in full, man Allvin has a creative memory on Mikheyev. He said they know he's not a top-six player ... but he's a good PK guy ... why did you give him that contract? They totally thought he could be top-six when they signed him.

I heard it as they now see him as a middle-6 guy and this is him admitting that he's a pro-scouting miss.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Mentioned it’s his fault Mikheyev “hands of stone” had to play in the top 6. Said he never had a full off season to train after knee surgery, expects him to be much better next season playing in the bottom 6.
Hmh.

Isnt that weird.

Its almost like letting him play through that shit for ½ a season really affected him this season...

Reactions: Lindgren

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Once again the medical staff comes into play in Vancouver

- pearson’s hand
Yes
- EP knee
Yes
- Mil knee
If you mean Mik, 1000 times yes
- Brock bruise into a clot
Just bad luck
- Demko knee
Maybe
Great staff there

Why are players not getting the proper treatment plans and being rushed back into play?

Cost us our season

Maybe look at some changes?
They 100% need to look in to improving the medical staff. This is not a good track record.

Reactions: Flik

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Allvin clarifying that the bar is to compete for a cup and not the 2nd round participation ribbon is very strong messaging.
then him and his staff will get to work in identifying what is needed to take that next step. next yyear playoffs NO excuses. its cup or bust IMO. but they have a longer window than some teams.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
im acutally surprised hughes didnt say he was hurt to the media. he has to be. that nashville series took a big toll on him. getting sandwiched by predators in games 2/3/4 and missing a shift. then getting targeted in the edmonton series. which hampered his skating. he needs a defensive stay at home guy to be his partner and protect him.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
then him and his staff will get to work in identifying what is needed to take that next step. next yyear playoffs NO excuses. its cup or bust IMO. but they have a longer window than some teams.
What makes you say this?

No prospects, no picks, and only 2 players signed long term in Miller and EP40.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Miller definitely can be an ass, but he's got enough on his resume to back it up, for sure.

If Hronek did have a legit injury and doesn't want to talk about it, an answer as simple as "I know I could've played better, and I'm definitely going to be better going foward" would've been totally cool.
To be honest I'm not much concerned about a player being as ass to the media provided they aren't an ass in the locker room. Nothing at this time suggests that is the case.

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
Watched the Alvin / Tocchet interview and was really, really impressed with the honest and genuine approach they took. No excuses. Clear direction.

Along with Rutherford, RJ, Granato, Castonguay, Foote, Gonchar, and the Sedins (surely missing more), I think this is the best management and coaching staff we've ever had. Looking forward to the off season, which is also exciting. Despite the recent loss, its a great time to be a Canucks fan.

I dunno. Paterson is cringy at times, and those were pretty terrible questions.
Which question specifically was terrible?

DiggerDan

Jul 22, 2003
Canada
hfboards.com
Which question specifically was terrible?
It was really just typical Paterson. I'm not going to type out his entire questions(s), though I've linked it below. Par for the course.. he awkwardly meanders his way through a question that has an obvious answer, which is actually more than one (injury, state of play) rather than being direct. Then when the reporters aren't happy with the answer to the poorly worded question they call the player "pissy."

It's a poorly worded question and confrontational. I would suggest Hronek's reaction is no surprise to most.

Reactions: Sonny A

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
It was really just typical Paterson. I'm not going to type out his entire questions(s), though I've linked it below. Par for the course.. he awkwardly meanders his way through a question that has an obvious answer, which is actually more than one (injury, state of play) rather than being direct. Then when the reporters aren't happy with the answer to the poorly worded question they call the player "pissy."

It's a poorly worded question and confrontational. I would suggest Hronek's reaction is no surprise to most.

That's a fabricated video. The "gets pissy" part is from an old interview with Draisitl.

I've been a subscriber of his for a few months and I've posted a lot of his videos here, but when I saw that fabricated video about an hour ago I unsubscribed.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Once again the medical staff comes into play in Vancouver

- pearson’s hand
- EP knee
- Mil knee
- Brock bruise into a clot
- Demko knee

Great staff there

Why are players not getting the proper treatment plans and being rushed back into play?

Cost us our season

Maybe look at some changes?

tumblr_p49et2Yaxm1vl7b4bo6_500.gif

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

He typically takes forever to ask a question and jumbles 2-4 of them together.
You want a direct answer just ask the question in a straightforward manner.

Reactions: DiggerDan

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Yes, unless the Canucks put in his contract he owes the media, or you jack squat.
Dealing with media and the odd interview is part of being a professional athlete. it comes with the territory. Grow up and deal with it.

You get paid millions of dollars for playing a game because fan bases want to watch it. The reporters, doing their job, are asking questions to relay information to said fanbase.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
He typically takes forever to ask a question and jumbles 2-4 of them together.
You want a direct answer just ask the question in a straightforward manner.
It actually amazes me that these guys don't just have questions written down in a notebook or ipad before they ask them, a lot of the time it really does seem like they're just asking a question for the sake of it and improvising.

Reactions: DiggerDan

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
It actually amazes me that these guys don't just have questions written down in a notebook or ipad before they ask them, a lot of the time it really does seem like they're just asking a question for the sake of it and improvising.

A lot of them have the same generic questions they want to ask, so when someone else already asked their question, their unprepared, unoriginal, uninteresting mindset forces them to try and find new words for the same questions.

And it feeds into the generic no personality answers that the players are trained into giving.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
If anything I love it

There are some arrogant and entitled boomer hockey journalists are who should have fade out a decade ago

Including some Canucks media members
Me too. Paterson is a sawed off smarmy little shit. Keeps acting like a toad and his get his media credentials yanked again..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad