Emelin boarding hit on Spezza

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hockeybpr25

Dec 31, 2009
Don't even think he deserved a game misconduct for that. Spezza turned. The distance from the boards is the real dangerous part of it but it seems like Spezza just lost balance because it doesn't appear that Emelin pushed all that hard.

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006
He was punished appropriately in the game

That's also what I think, I don't think any supplementary discipline is required in this case... It was a bad hit, but there was a context there and it didn't seem ill-intended...

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
Don't even think he deserved a game misconduct for that. Spezza turned. The distance from the boards is the real dangerous part of it but it seems like Spezza just lost balance because it doesn't appear that Emelin pushed all that hard.

I had the exact same feeling.

Pete Mitchell

"Watch the canopy!!"
Mar 26, 2008
Frederick, CO
Looks like the toe of Spezza's left skate catches and causes this to be worse than the push Emelin gives him. Neither player could anticipate his skate catching like that. I think it should have been 2, but 5 and a 10 was enough.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Richard Labbé @Richardlabbe
Told there will be no further discipline for A.Emelin regarding last night's hit on J.Spezza.

No suspension for Emelin

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
This guy targets smaller skilled guys all the time mind u Spezza bit bigger but still crosscheck from behind...He should have gotten suspended for Gionta head shot.This clearly deserves something.If Marchand got 2 for what he did and guy not hurt then this breaking guys nose should be 3 .But we all know NHL protects certain teams over others.This guy is a cheapshot player.Spot picker.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
This guy targets smaller skilled guys all the time mind u Spezza bit bigger but still crosscheck from behind...He should have gotten suspended for Gionta head shot.This clearly deserves something.If Marchand got 2 for what he did and guy not hurt then this breaking guys nose should be 3 .But we all know NHL protects certain teams over others.

Like Milan Lucic right?:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad