Sportsnet Elliotte Friedman " 32 Thoughts " Column ( New Season - New Thread )

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Of course the only Bruin news is about the Swayman contract situation.

5. Otherwise, not a ton from the weekend on the RFAs. Quiet around Jeremy Swayman as everyone tries to bridge the philosophical differences. I stick to my prediction Dawson Mercer builds a bridge deal. The most stress-free negotiation so far is Thomas Harley’s, but we’ll see what happens this week.

6. One thing that’s definitely happened with Swayman: it has reminded teams why you should move mountains before taking cornerstone players to arbitration. Every few years there’s a case — Tommy Salo, P.K. Subban, Shea Weber — leaving lasting bitterness on someone’s part. (I always admired Brendan Morrison for not losing his mind when the NHL’s lawyer called him the mouse to Todd Bertuzzi’s elephant.) The best news for the Bruins is their No. 1 goalie still wants to sign long-term.

Full column: www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/32-thoughts-where-remaining-rfas-stand-as-training-camps-near/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad