Proposal: Elias Pettersson for San Jose 1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nerevarine

Nov 14, 2019
I honestly think petersson and a first just to dump the contract is fair value. We are talking about possibly the worst contract in the western conference, though i would consider a swap of petersson 25% retained for nurse

• Haha
Reactions: Trow

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
1. Thanks for that. I knew it wasn't a playoff dropoff, I just wasn't sure exactly what happened and when.

2. Of course his NHL playoff stats took a big hit, but even disregarding this year, he's never stepped up at all in the playoffs (small sample size, granted). "Good" is absolutely relative to the calibre of player they are, but I wouldn't call him a good performer so much as doing just enough - not bad either, granted, taking into consideration his injury.

Definitely remains to be seen how he performs in the future - that'll have a lot more impact on his perception.
He was Canucks best player in his first playoffs.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
San Jose also has the 14th overall pick from Pittsburgh (Karlsson trade).

Maybe something could be worked out around the 14th overall pick for Elias Pettersson.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
Pretty standard progression of dude asks for feedback on a nonsensical and comically lopsided trade offer that favors his team, dude gets rejected, dude pretends that we were the ones who were begging for the trade to happen and proceeds to the childish name-calling.

Art mimics life, etc.
I agree with this assessment, but I’d argue you’re missing the requisite running down of the talent on both sides by the malcontent segments of several fanbases. Apparently EP40 is garbage, Celebrini won’t amount to crap, etc.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
In all honesty, there’s very little chance this first overall turns into Pettersson. Now, they won’t make the deal but that’s just the reality of the situation. So you’d think more teams would be open to making these types of deals. Yet they don’t for one reason. That magic bag of “what if.”

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
In all honesty, there’s very little chance this first overall turns into Pettersson. Now, they won’t make the deal but that’s just the reality of the situation. So you’d think more teams would be open to making these types of deals. Yet they don’t for one reason. That magic bag of “what if.”
There are ten thousand reasons why teams don’t trade Celebrini-caliber prospects for 25 year olds, including but not limited to age, ELC, and the “home-grown” pick factor.

But sure, Celebrini is just a “magic bean”. Keep saying that like the Canucks org wouldn’t trip over themselves to make the trade proposed in this thread.

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
There's also a decent chance he ends up better than Pettersson. Sorry bud, consensus #1 pick franchise center is not a magic what if. Now if it was the #14 pick then yea that would be a what if but that's not the case in the op. Also if it was a year without a consensus #1 like the Hischier/Patrick year, then it's more what if but teams with 1OA usually aren't 1 highly paid player away from winning so what's there true incentive to give up that chance at a long term stud. Then add in if lets say the sharks wanted to make a run at the playoffs this year, would they be better off getting Macklin and using the money saved from not trading for Pettersson to lure a Guentzel or Montador? I'm gonna go on a limb and think that's what the op was thinking from the start that he'd pull a cost controlled stud then take a stab at Guentzel as those 2 would definitely put you in a better position than just Pettersson. Ultimately there no reason for the sharks to remotely consider anyone for the 1oa outside of Bedard that wouldn't be offered anyways.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose

There is a 100% chance that Celebrini turns out to be better than Pettersson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad