Value of: Ekblad to the Leafs at the draft.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
It’s the Leafs you’re trading with, they aren’t moving any of the golden children no matter how much they want a player. You’ll have to settle with a high of Kapanen or AJ plus some mid range prospects and maybe a pick in return.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I kept on trying to make a trade work, but both teams are in the top 5 scoring and bottom 5 for defense.

Both teams are going to try to acquire defensemen. The only way this happens is if Toronto overpays. Ekblad is only 24 so Florida can rebuild with him on the roster if they wanted.

He's only 24 and has had something like 5 concussions. Ekblad is nice, but you don't break the bank for that.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
It doesn't imply that at all. It implies those are the top pieces the leafs have available for their top-4 d-man search. Nowhere does it suggest that Kap/Johnsson is a good starting point for a #1D. The post only implication is that Ekblad is too costly asset-wise for the Leafs.

You only see that because you've come into the thread with an agenda, which is plain from your posts.

Oh, come on. This thread is about a #1 D to Toronto and it's obvious why the post was interpreted the way it was. So dramatic.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
It’s the Leafs you’re trading with, they aren’t moving any of the golden children no matter how much they want a player. You’ll have to settle with a high of Kapanen or AJ plus some mid range prospects and maybe a pick in return.

Damn, if you want attention just get involved in the conversation. Posting nonsense just makes you look silly.

Reactions: Dustin

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Damn, if you want attention just get involved in the conversation. Posting nonsense just makes you look silly.
Every one of these trades to Toronto on here is the same thing. An underwhelming offer in return for a hole in the roster. If you’re going to ask for Ekblad who’s a proven top pairing RHD (who’s young and not even in his prime yet), atleast offer something in return of substance. Asking for a top forward in return as a starter is a fair start instead of offering up guys who are odds and ends in return.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I mean sure you could acomplish that by losing your entire 2nd line to UFA

OR you could trade a D man to help offset those losses
What seems smarter to you?

Now Granted it doesn't NEED to be Ekblad but he is the guy that would bring back the most

Losing the entire 2nd line would be the smarter way to cut salary, not get rid of a former 1st overall pick, number one defensemen. Leave these guys alone.

Reactions: Laus723

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Every one of these trades to Toronto on here is the same thing. An underwhelming offer in return for a hole in the roster. If you’re going to ask for Ekblad who’s a proven top pairing RHD (who’s young and not even in his prime yet), atleast offer something in return of substance. Asking for a top forward in return as a starter is a fair start instead of offering up guys who are odds and ends in return.

The weird irony here is the San Jose Sharks were largelybuilt on fleecing other teams of prime assets for trash. So it can be done...

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The weird irony here is the San Jose Sharks were largelybuilt on fleecing other teams of prime assets for trash. So it can be done...
Dubas isn't smart enough of a GM to make it happen and the Sharks didn't win a cup and only amounted to 1 SCF appearance in that time frame.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Florida would be cutting off their nose to spite their face even if the return was, say, Marner.

brokenwolf88

Nov 27, 2017
I dont think Florida management gives two shits how they shed 10 million as long as they do it. Therefore anyone could be on the table.

Problem of course is leafs cant add a big ticket without subtracting and we dont even have a first this year.

I dont think a trade with Florida is in the cards this summer.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
I dont think Florida management gives two shits how they shed 10 million as long as they do it. Therefore anyone could be on the table.

Problem of course is leafs cant add a big ticket without subtracting and we dont even have a first this year.

Wishful thinking bro

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Losing the entire 2nd line would be the smarter way to cut salary, not get rid of a former 1st overall pick, number one defensemen. Leave these guys alone.

Maybe it's just me but I think losing your entire 2nd line to UFA is a bad plan

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Maybe it's just me but I think losing your entire 2nd line to UFA is a bad plan

so is losing your #1 D. This hasn’t been confirmed anywhere, right now it’s just a rumor. And, btw, losing the “entire 2nd line” frees well over that amount, they’re in talks to bring Hoffman back, and they can let Dad walk and perhaps trade Stralman and it’s done. Or move Matheson, that’s addition by subtraction, and we’re there. Tippett, Borgstrom, Keeper, Kolyachanook, etc can come up and take those spots.

so, run along with all of this. No need to lose Ek and/or “the entire 2nd line.”

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010

I'm sure if you go back to the Leafs threads, its a combination of AJ, Kap, Lily and Kerfoot... Maybe a 2nd in 2020 if the fan is feeling generous.

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den

ah yes Barkov, Huberdeau and Ekblad to the first taker makes sense gotta get rid of 10 million due to the fake unsubstantiated rumor out of Canada

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Florida would be cutting off their nose to spite their face even if the return was, say, Marner.

oh true we need Marner because we don’t already have a better player like him, say Huberdeau for example he isn’t better at all. Nope. We need a lesser version of him better trade our number 1 d makes sense !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad