Ekblad Named NHL's 3 Stars of the Week.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
I don't know about the rest of the commonwealth but in Canada and Australia manchild is usually used to describe a kid who is man-like.

We ironically called our fly-half 'manchild' due to him being more hobbit than shrek.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Ekblad already has the 12th most points EVER by an 18 year old defenseman in a full season. He's played 26 games. That's crazy!

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
well, i think there's a reason why he's so happy with her. i doubt its just looks - if it was, he wouldnt have gone for his best friends sister - maybe he uses it to become part of the lemieux family, since he's secretly in love with brendan, but can't have him?

Anthems

Aug 23, 2011
Vancouver
Noticed Ekblad's player thread not very active, and thought I would give it a bump. I'm an outsider, a Flyers fan, but a really big supporter of the Panthers. But since I only have an outsider perspective - I thought I would ask the Panthers fan base what they expect from Ekblad next season? It's never good to place high expectations on a 19 year old... but he's certainly impressed big-time last season, and I would be just as impressed if he cashed in a similar season next year. But do you expect him to make bigger strides next year?

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Noticed Ekblad's player thread not very active, and thought I would give it a bump. I'm an outsider, a Flyers fan, but a really big supporter of the Panthers. But since I only have an outsider perspective - I thought I would ask the Panthers fan base what they expect from Ekblad next season? It's never good to place high expectations on a 19 year old... but he's certainly impressed big-time last season, and I would be just as impressed if he cashed in a similar season next year. But do you expect him to make bigger strides next year?

I expect his stats to be similar to this year, maybe +/- 3 points. If the powerplay improves he may have a few more, but he won't be as sheltered next year and should get some tougher matchups which likely will lead to decreased production on the offensive end at even strength. His play in his own end was very good this year and he didn't make to many rookie mistakes. He slowed down towards the end of the year as he hit the "rookie wall", and I expect his conditioning to improve next year after a full summer of training (I believe he had a concussion last summer and couldn't train for a bit, so maybe that had something to do with his conditioning this year). All in all, I expect him to play like a solid number 2/3 defenseman next year.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
I expect his stats to be similar to this year, maybe +/- 3 points. If the powerplay improves he may have a few more, but he won't be as sheltered next year and should get some tougher matchups which likely will lead to decreased production on the offensive end at even strength. His play in his own end was very good this year and he didn't make to many rookie mistakes. He slowed down towards the end of the year as he hit the "rookie wall", and I expect his conditioning to improve next year after a full summer of training (I believe he had a concussion last summer and couldn't train for a bit, so maybe that had something to do with his conditioning this year). All in all, I expect him to play like a solid number 2/3 defenseman next year.

i think ekblads talent is so evident that his passing is limited to the scorers we have on the team - if we get a goalscorer, his assists will rise, aswell as his goals on the PP becuase they can no longer treat him like they did with garrison - block his shot and rest of team cant score

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Worse offense unless a scorer is picked up, but better defensively. His defense wasn't bad, but he made mistakes/ missed coverage a bit and I think it'll happen less next year. I'll guess 10 G 25 A.

I don't know if he'll be babied again next season.

Anthems

Aug 23, 2011
Vancouver
Where would Ekblad rank on your defense chart? Not in terms of potential, but current skillset.

Thanks for the insights, guys!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad