Podcast (Audio) Edmonton Sports Radio/Podcast Thread - Part 7

The best Edmonton sports radio show/podcast?

• Total voters

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Would kill for a Canadian version of this.

Considered cancelling cable, but the price of SN + TSN (that from what I hear doesn't work great) + PGA Live is getting near the ballpark of the price of my cable package anyways. I also don't have to deal with occasional buffering issues or it being slightly behind live, which is a problem when people text you about goals that haven't been scored yet.

I got cable and cancelled my SN and TSN subscriptions two years ago because...

a) at the time SN stopped working properly and couldn't even load a stream without buffering or crashing.

b) it was annoying that TSN didn't have an app on Roku, Prime, ect so i always had to connect my laptop to my tv watch TSN content.

c) the cost of both subscriptions was 45$/month or something like that when a basic cable package was 55$/month with all sportsnet and TSN channels.

With cable you get access to the streaming stuff for free so you can watch the game even if you aren't at home and with cable when I turn on my tv everything works properly and i don't have to run around connecting devices.

I don't think there's a big advantage to cutting cable anymore.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I got cable and cancelled my SN and TSN subscriptions two years ago because...

a) at the time SN stopped working properly and couldn't even load a stream without buffering or crashing.

b) it was annoying that TSN didn't have an app on Roku, Prime, ect so i always had to connect my laptop to my tv watch TSN content.

c) the cost of both subscriptions was 45$/month or something like that when a basic cable package was 55$/month with all sportsnet and TSN channels.

With cable you get access to the streaming stuff for free so you can watch the game even if you aren't at home and with cable when I turn on my tv everything works properly and i don't have to run around connecting devices.

I don't think there's a big advantage to cutting cable anymore.

Before moving in with me my girlfriend didn't have cable, so I had to log into these streaming services through my cable subscription while I was there. Sportsnet worked ok for me, but TSN was completely unusable. Buffer fest.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Trying to find a local radio show to listen too, Edmonton Sports talk was like grade 3s conversation that Nielson had at 1260 talking about SouthPark. 1440, I tried KK but he was talking basketball draft, which caused me to try Sportstalk. Then the I tried Lowetide, but he is a brutal fan boy. Now I'm listening to Gregor. I'm 50-50 with Gregor, some of the content I love but if you disagree with him, you are a dummy. Eventually turns me off.

Question, is there someone worth listening too around this town?

Reactions: Morpheus

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Trying to find a local radio show to listen too, Edmonton Sports talk was like grade 3s conversation that Nielson had at 1260 talking about SouthPark. 1440, I tried KK but he was talking basketball draft, which caused me to try Sportstalk. Then the I tried Lowetide, but he is a brutal fan boy. Now I'm listening to Gregor. I'm 50-50 with Gregor, some of the content I love but if you disagree with him, you are a dummy. Eventually turns me off.

One thing I don't like is that we don't have a proper call in show. Pat Steinberg does up to 2.5 hours after a game. We get a few oldies calling in and the hosts talking all of the time.

Even Canucks have a long post game show. I'm talking radio mainly, not podcasts

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
One thing I don't like is that we don't have a proper call in show. Pat Steinberg does up to 2.5 hours after a game. We get a few oldies calling in and the hosts talking all of the time.

Even Canucks have a long post game show. I'm talking radio mainly, not podcasts
Seems like they want texters

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32

I think you summed up YEG radio quite well.
No arguments here and unfortunately I don’t have any recommendations either.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
I think you summed up YEG radio quite well.
No arguments here and unfortunately I don’t have any recommendations either.
So I tried Edmonton Sports Talk this morning, some Oilers, Elks and even an update from the World Football U20. Then the kids started to talk about snow cones or ice cream with cream soda, I don't know.

Lets give 1440 a try again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad