GDT: @Edmonton Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
I was at work and I can’t believe the score. What happened?

They played a good 1st but came out down 1-0. Then Ceci scored early in the 3rd on a nothing shot and Vegas started to press for offense and got burnt a couple of times.

Reactions: Vegas07

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Ehhh I guess that depends on what you get out of here and how you view quality of life.
So true. Plus players making millions a year have a whole different perspective on it than the average person. I read people earlier talking about why would Hertl want to stay in San Jose when housing is so much cheaper in Vegas and no state income tax. I mean if you put yourself in the shoes of someone making 8m a year with a lot of years of term you just might see that where you live is the least of your priorities

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Even more importantly, in the off-season, we need Stone to get fully healthy and return at 100%. When he's at 100% he truly impacts games. Right now, he is a shadow of that player.
So true. So many guys look hurt and nearly out of gas. I can't see them suddenly finding the elixir and winning multiple playoff series if they made it. Smith is the only guy they could add that's a real big positive now, we have close to the squad they want to use. I think it's just better to accept a long offseason for the benefits it brings and who knows maybe missing the playoffs wakes up someone that maybe this isn't the right coach and system. I know crazy talk

The Duck Knight

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
So true. So many guys look hurt and nearly out of gas. I can't see them suddenly finding the elixir and winning multiple playoff series if they made it. Smith is the only guy they could add that's a real big positive now, we have close to the squad they want to use. I think it's just better to accept a long offseason for the benefits it brings and who knows maybe missing the playoffs wakes up someone that maybe this isn't the right coach and system. I know crazy talk

Any playoffs is better than no playoffs if only to get guys like Eichel and Thompson some experience.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Any playoffs is better than no playoffs if only to get guys like Eichel and Thompson some experience.
Its overrated in the end. Eichel needs to rest and find some stability in who he lines up next to each game. Needs to spend some time getting settled in Vegas and finding continuity in the franchise. Going out and getting beat up for a very slim shot at accomplishing much doesn't seem worth the toll it will take on Stone, Patches, Petro, and the other veterans who really just need a long break after the crazy long seasons that have been endured recently with the covid timing. If they get over 4 months off to get right I think that's more valuable than most can comprehend.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
It is a win-win day. We either take a step toward playoffs, or we take a step toward firing DeBore. :D
They got shut out by the OILERS in a meaningful game with all but a few preferred starters playing. If this doesn't say all you need to hear about how crappy his system is, I don't know what more to say. Can't even talk about the injuries that much any longer, he has to own it and do the right thing and step his ass down and take his lame BFF with him. Its unbelievable to think this guy is going to be hired again by managements who clearly just like doing the same damn stuff over and over. Its the whole "well no one will blame me if I hired a guy who took a team to the Finals before" strategy.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Think this is a team that just cannot figure it out if they don't get the first early. DeBoer was in full panic with line changes. Nothing ever changes on the PP. Gretzky wouldn't fix it. The PP is the definition of insanity. Try the same miserable thing repeatedly as it fails again and again and again.

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
im-grounded-butters-stotch.gif

It was funny checking twitter and seeing SinBin ect finally say You know it might not be the players after all but the coaches.

The Duck Knight

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
The PP has always been the coaches. That's never been a question. Doesn't mean Deboer needs to go. Just means they need to bring in different assistants like Anaheim did to fix the PP.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The PP has always been the coaches. That's never been a question. Doesn't mean Deboer needs to go. Just means they need to bring in different assistants like Anaheim did to fix the PP.
Hopefully they have that discussion with him and he says sorry guys, I am loyal to Steve and both of them leave.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Its overrated in the end. Eichel needs to rest and find some stability in who he lines up next to each game. Needs to spend some time getting settled in Vegas and finding continuity in the franchise. Going out and getting beat up for a very slim shot at accomplishing much doesn't seem worth the toll it will take on Stone, Patches, Petro, and the other veterans who really just need a long break after the crazy long seasons that have been endured recently with the covid timing. If they get over 4 months off to get right I think that's more valuable than most can comprehend.
I agree, plus if we're really not going to be a big factor vs. Colorado et al, it isn't worth spending thousands of dollars in playoff tickets. I want either a deep run in the playoffs or we might as well miss and use the time to be better next season.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Yeah but seeing all the rejoicing from haters and reading the comments saying “Ha! Eichel misses the playoffs again! Must be a reason why he keeps losing even when playing on a talented Knights team! Dude is a cancer!” is worse than hearing nails on a chalkboard.

Reactions: Haguerbomb

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Yeah but seeing all the rejoicing from haters and reading the comments saying “Ha! Eichel misses the playoffs again! Must be a reason why he keeps losing even when playing on a talented Knights team! Dude is a cancer!” is worse than hearing nails on a chalkboard.

People are idiots, what else can you say. Fans of 31 teams are probably going to complain about something the 32nd did to win the Cup. Besides the crap they say about cheating on LTIR is a lot more bothersome than anything they want to say about Jack. The rules are clearly stated and anyone can make similar moves but somehow VGK are a bunch of cheaters because they didn't follow the rules they think their team abides by.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Can’t believe I’m saying this but now I think it’s better for the team in the long run to miss the playoffs. Feels like this team is being put out of its misery.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Can’t believe I’m saying this but now I think it’s better for the team in the long run to miss the playoffs. Feels like this team is being put out of its misery.
I said that 2 months ago. Its best to just come to terms with it. Despite all the talk of cap woes I really think the future is brighter. I fully bought in from day one that the Eichel trade is a trade for the future, not just a desperate move to win this year. Whoever is running the team next year for Foley will be in a straightjacket where going out and buying high priced free agents isn't the solution. Heck they might even be forced to use some youth on the team instead of saying lets wait until they are 25 before promoting them in from HSK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad