Post-Game Talk: Edmonton 2 Nashville 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
SATURDAY: MUST WIN vs STL..........0-3 loss
MONDAY: MUST WIN at NSH.............2-3 loss
TUESDAY: MUST WIN at STL............????????

Can we cut out the playoff talk now?

The only positive from this game is that Hemsky actually gives a damn.

He's probably going to net us a decent return so he can go play on a good hockey team.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
It's clear that management has no idea what the flying **** they're doing. They're just putting rookies and young guys on the ice and hoping they develop with very little veteran guidance. It isn't working. It has never worked. Yet, here we are... Same place in the last three, four seasons. Same management, same results.

Wake the **** up, Katz. Fans are getting restless and angry and the media that doesn't kiss brass bottom is beginning to tune into fan disgust.

You're getting your shiny palace. Now make it up to fans by putting competent hockey people in charge of this franchise.

actionjackson

Jun 22, 2010
From the GDT...

Did I just see that....Brown battling with with four or five Prdators while the rest of the oilers are standing around with their thumbs up their butts:shakehead These guys are a sad excuse of a team.

Yes...

Horcoff - skates away from scrums
Eberle - skates away from scrums
RNH - skates away from scrums
Hall - usually skates away from scrums
Whitney - mouths off, gets punched in the face, skates away from scrums
Shultzes - skate away from scrums
Petry - forgets to drop gloves in "fight" would skate away if the guy was not holding his shirt punching him in the face
Jones - will never be involved in a scrum again due to career threatening eye injury
Hemsky - skates away from scums
Yakupov - still learning to skate away from scrums from all his mentors (stands and watches Whitney get punched in the face!!!...there is still hope for this guy)
Potter - Skates away from scrums
Smyth - Rushes to get to scrum...so slow that the scrum is already over when he arrives
Belanger - pfffft...worst fancy lad of all...might not be able to identify a pulse due to a complete lack of heart

Sam Gagner...all heart...steps up against anyone
Mike Brown...all heart...steps up against anyone

Sad how butter soft we are...sad to say I can miss a guy like Ethan Moreau.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Eberle at least has smooth hands. He can actually pull it off now and again. Hall looks like a lumberjack when he tries.

Eberle can pull off the odd toe drag but he is just as guilty as Hall when it comes to getting too fancy.

Late in the third period he had the puck behind Nashville's defence with tons of time to shoot but he ended up making moves until someone caught up to him and tied him up.

Embarrassing.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
From the GDT...

Yes...

Petry - forgets to drop gloves in "fight" would skate away if the guy was not holding his shirt punching him in the face
Jones - will never be involved in a scrum again due to career threatening eye injury
Yakupov - still learning to skate away from scrums from all his mentors (stands and watches Whitney get punched in the face!!!...there is still hope for this guy)
Smyth - Rushes to get to scrum...so slow that the scrum is already over when he arrives
Belanger - pfffft...worst fancy lad of all...might not be able to identify a pulse due to a complete lack of heart

Yeah that is pretty sad. Oilers have so little grit and character.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
There is some good news, believe it or not. Hemsky got 2 assists, so that helps out his trade value. Maybe we get a 2nd rounder instead of a 3rd. I'm fist-pumping already!

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
From the GDT...

Yes...

Are you kidding? Hall's the one starting them

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
From the GDT...

Yes...

:laugh:

This is hilarious.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
From the GDT...

Yes...

Got a good laugh from that.

But I must disagree on Moreau. He was even a pretty big pansy his last couple of seasons with the team, if I recall correctly.

DareDoiler

Jan 29, 2010
I really just cannot believe we have a very real chance of being 15th again. It's such a disappointment the fire xxx mantra is such a broken record at this point but for all that is holy, how do these people keep their jobs? What is the master plan here? #soconfused

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
All the Oilers have to do this season is finish 5th overall,and destiny will take it from there.

lottery changed all non playoff teams now can get the 1st overall ;)

How does that feel, the Oilers literally sucked so bad that they had to change the draft process.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
So everything i'm reading and hearing post game is that we started well in the 1st, and dominated the 3rd, we just needed to play better in the 2nd....

Am i in ****ing bizzaro world??? We got ****ing owned all night. There is not one stretch of time where Nashville was in any danger. Is it just me? Am i CRAZY?!

:amazed:

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I haven't watched a full Oilers game since the season opener. Zero game plan, no break out, no desire and no heart. This was what us fans sacrificed 5 years of horrible hockey for? **** you Lowe, **** you Tambellini and **** you Kreuger. I will not watch another game until changes are made.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If only the Oilers could play third periods like that when they were tied or had the lead..

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
lottery changed all non playoff teams now can get the 1st overall ;)

How does that feel, the Oilers literally sucked so bad that they had to change the draft process.

There goes Katz' plan of cashing in on #1 draft pick jerseys. He might not get to buy another Ferrari after the draft, to add to his current collection. :(

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
At this point it seems we'll sell off some pieces(not Smid you morons!) and try crawl out of the basement.

We won't make any trades for NHL vets due to prices and not knowing where we stand.

Essentially for the rest of the season we'll be in a holding pattern. Try get out of the bottom 5, stay competitive, get the best assets for your stuff. Try improve in the offseason.

Another year down the tubes. At this point, I'm not even mad.
I'm actually madder than I've ever been because it's looking like this grand, four year "tank for picks" plan was a gigantic waste of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad