Proposal: Edm/SJ idea

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
The Sharks want to get out from Kane. My offer is this:

to sharks: Kassian and Tullio

to Oilers: Kane at 50% retention.

the sharks cost remain the same but have Kassian to fill the role with a lot less drama. They get Tullio as the sweetener. Oiler fans will hate this but it is a good upgrade on our third line.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
No way any team touches Kane with a 10 foot pole. Even at 50% I can't see any GMs biting considering the headache he's been/possible negative press he'd bring to the franchise.

Sharks will have to ride that contract out or buy him out.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Why would Edmonton do this? Too much downside potential. Kane could make the team implode.

Maybe if you had this incredibly experienced, solid, mature core to surround Kane this could work...

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I think Kane would be a wonderful addition to the Oiler lineup.
The Oilers really need some star character on the team. McDavid and Draisaitl are just so bland.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
LMAO!!!

This was proposed by an Oilers fan that watched the "Decade of Darkness", caused almost entirely by a terrible team culture, & he wants to bring terminal cancer into the room just when we're turning the corner?

Reactions: TFHockey

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
**** no.

Keep Kane as far away from my team as possible. Why would you bring that toxicity and drama around a team?

Reactions: Ragdoll and Bruhin

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Honestly I'd probably do this. Kane at 3.5 is a deal and it he didn't fit in we could retain on him down to 1.75 and someone at that price would give us a lot better return than Kassian at full cap hit and Tullio.

This might be one of those moves where a GM and coach sit down with the leadership and ask if they are ok with doing this. Try and mitigate any risk in the room, cause the team would be better on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad