Proposal: EDM-PHI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Ooof. Barrie, Yandle and Risto patrolling a single blueline? My eyes are bleeding….talking about basically allowing the other team to cave your team in at even strength…yikes.

Reactions: BernieParent

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
More of a shakeup trade than anything…

To PHI: Barrie, Yamamoto

To EDM: Atkinson

Oil upgrade on Yamamoto with a similar style player. Flyers get a PP QB
Might actually make some sense for the Flyers if Fletcher lets Ristolainen, Braun, Yandle and the other two scrubs
Connauton and Seeler all walk UFA and not qualify RFA Morin.

A power play with Sanheim and Barrie could be interesting but the coaches always choose Provorov or Yandle over Sanheim which is very odd considering Sanheim is the most gifted offensive defenseman the Flyers have along with the mythological unicorn known as Ryan Ellis.

If the Flyers acquired Barrie he would have to be 3rd pairing at even strength and the Flyers would have to sign a 1st pairing defenseman defenseman during free agency that’s better then Ristolainen to make the defense work and a veteran 7th defenseman that has some mobility and size.

If the Flyers defense looked more like
1st Pair LD Sanheim RD (FA defensive defenseman)
2nd Pair LD Provorov RD Ellis
3rd Pair LD York RD Barrie
Veteran 7th defenseman
Then maybe the Flyers would considerate it but probably decline in the end.

Problem is the defense is kinda small and could still get caved in their own end so Barrie might not work for Philadelphia, I’ve always coveted fast skating skilled forwards and big defensive defenseman.

Offensive defenseman are nice but if a team has too many smaller type of offensive defenseman they tend to give up more shots off the transition and it always leads to bad goals once those smaller defenseman start getting tired late in games.

I don’t believe the Flyers would go for this deal, Atkinson is the Flyers leading goal scorer at the moment and Yamamoto has struggled at times this season playing on one of the more gifted offensive teams in the NHL and I don’t see Yamamoto getting any better then what they have coming up in Allison, Foerster, Brink and eventually Tuomaala coming up at RW.

As a Flyers fan I would decline this proposal but it was a decent proposal matching cap and intrigue but doesn’t exactly match the Flyers needs.

Sanheim and a healthy Ellis could easily PP maybe even York eventually so Barrie is a commodity that would be redundant in Philadelphia and Yamamoto would be of no use whatsoever.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Bad value for Oilers
Barrie and Yamamoto combined cap hits may be higher once Yamamoto gets an extension. Though Barrie’s term is only 2 more seasons after this season.

Bouchard is being groomed as the Barrie replacement, so that’s way cheaper, saving the Oilers much needed cap if the Oilers can find a taker for Barrie’s full cap hit and remaining term.

Not sure what Yamamoto asking price will be but his qualifying offer is what his cap hit is which is his base salary. What makes Yam’s situation interesting is that he is eligible for arbitration, so that could become a hard negotiation if Yam elects arbitration potentially driving up Yamamoto’s salary if the Kailer can get in gear and pick up some production throughout this season.

The value might not be ideal for Edmonton considering Atkinson still has 3 more years of term after this season but I don’t believe scoring would be an issue for Atkinson playing on McBeastie’s or Draisaitl’s RW.

Atkinson has been a consistent scorer throughout his career and can contribute with a man up or being shorthanded, Atkinson can also play either wing although he is more suited to RW.

Dod93Cityt

Do You Believe In Ghosts?
Aug 29, 2012
Canada
You guys are seriously high if you think Yandle and Provorov being on the PP would be the deal breaker here :laugh:

You guys seriously mentioned Yandle for a reason to not getting a better player :laugh::laugh:

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
I'm not sure Kevin Hayes will approve this trade. I'd do it, why not, but this is Kevin's team.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Flyers fan here.

I'd trade Atkinson for Yamamoto straight up. Don't even need to include Barrie.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This definitely feels like a case of only considering the interests of one team. I could see Edmonton being able to put together an offer for Atkinson that feels like a fit, but Barrie is so far down the list of what we'd want as to be a non-starter.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
This definitely feels like a case of only considering the interests of one team. I could see Edmonton being able to put together an offer for Atkinson that feels like a fit, but Barrie is so far down the list of what we'd want as to be a non-starter.

Which team is that? Edmonton needs a near 6 million cap hit on a 32 year old winger with another 3 years on his contract like a hole in the head.

Our top 3 needs are legit starting goaltender, 3C and a Top 4 LD.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Just what Edmonton needs, a 6 million dollar undersized winger with limited physical play.

Makes no sense for Edmonton, they're better off keeping what they have and acquiring a winger for futures if they want. Can probably get a better fit around the deadline

Makes no sense for Philly either because why the hell would they want Tyson Barrie?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
More of a shakeup trade than anything…

To PHI: Barrie, Yamamoto

To EDM: Atkinson

Oil upgrade on Yamamoto with a similar style player. Flyers get a PP QB
Yamamoto for Steel from Anaheim or something around those 2 would make more sense. Would also say we should be targeting Manson if we're moving Barrie in the same deal or a different one.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Yamamoto for Steel from Anaheim or something around those 2 would make more sense. Would also say we should be targeting Manson if we're moving Barrie in the same deal or a different one.

Division rival trades are harder to make than regular ones, and those are hard enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad