Confirmed Trade: [EDM/NJD] Dmitry Kulikov for 2022 cond. 3rd/4th round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Probably more like a conditional 3rd imo that could fall to a 4th. But maybe that it I'd 2022 indicates it's a 2nd since we don't have one this year. Better be a good condition in that case

Don't think I've ever seen a conditional pick that could get worse if the conditions are met...

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Solid pickup for the Oilers. Kulikov came in and played hard despite taking significant/tight pay for one season - bet on himself and surmise he will get a multi-year deal now provided he holds up with Oilers. Playoff teams need depth guys like this - he won't bring offense, but he'll play a technically sound game, put in a little physicality too. Just have to make sure you use him with right partner.

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011
Don't think I've ever seen a conditional pick that could get worse if the conditions are met...

There have been conditions where a pick doesn't convey unless conditions are met though - happens once in a while

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Solid pickup for the Oilers. Kulikov came in and played hard despite taking significant/tight pay for one season - bet on himself and surmise he will get a multi-year deal now provided he holds up with Oilers. Playoff teams need depth guys like this - he won't bring offense, but he'll play a technically sound game, put in a little physicality too. Just have to make sure you use him with right partner.
Who did he play with in NJ?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
yes, he can he's been one of the few bright spots in NJ

Yeah he seems to be getting a lot of love from Devils fans.

Again, he doesn’t need to be a world beater or big offensive guy, just a solid and steady veteran presence in our middle/bottom pairing on the left side.

Reactions: QuizGuy66

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If i thought we'd play him over Russell i wouldn't hate this, but our bottom 4 is going to be three guys that can't move the puck and Ethan Bear now. I'm not sure that's a recipe for success.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Are the best defenders in the league the ones who produce the fewest points?
We have #4 and #12 in points from a d-man already. We have a lot of youth on our backend and could use another stable defender. Depending on the price I like this trade.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Where are the conditions of the 2nd

guessing it turns into a 1st if they
Make the conf finals or something

Sorry, but there are no circumstances under which Kulikov becomes worth a 1st. I could see maybe, maybe a conditional third, that upgrades to a 2nd (in a future draft) if the Oil made the FINALS (not the semifinal).

A 2nd would be a big price to pay for a 2nd tier shutdown D, no matter how well he's playing this year. (in my mind, being an elite shutdown D is all about demonstrating years of consistency and mistake-free hockey... and Kulikov has been a bit of a late bloomer in that regard, so hard to justify significant value at the deadline)

Reactions: RattsSSV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad