Waived: [EDM] G Jack Campbell placed on waivers by the Oilers for the purpose of buyout

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The buyout isn't crippling, but that's still a tough pill to swallow for Edmonton. They did the right thing though.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The cap penalty isn't actually as bad as you'd think. No-brainer mover from the Oilers.

It helps them manage the overage of ~3 million from Brown next year.

Then they get to deal with the re-signings of Drai and Bouchard the following year, followed by McDavid.

At least they have Nurse on that bargain deal.

Having said that, the buyout makes sense and is the smart move.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Glad that saga is over… oh wait, Jack Campbell’s contract is going to be part of the Edmonton Oilers family until the end of 2029/30 season.

Like many others, I never understood that contract from day 1. We were in desperation mode for a goalie when very little was available… under the circumstances, I didn’t mind the $5m… it was the 5 years that I hated. Should have been 2 years max.

Nice guy but… FAREWELL GAZPACHO!

Aug 3, 2021
bD5HjZ7.png

3a7.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: