PTO: [EDM] Colton Sceviour signs PTO with the Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Y4YFthE.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sceviour is just another body that Edmonton has seemingly had a million of in recent years.

Just a vanilla body than can kill penalties. Another Sheahan type of player.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Sceviour is just another body that Edmonton has seemingly had a million of in recent years.

He's only there to fill camp spots anyway. He'll need to blow people away to actually get a contract out of this. His only hope is Yamamoto not signing, and a better RW getting hurt.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Hes definitely a 4th line NHL er that will penalty kill for the team. His hands are like stone and I swear he had more chances to score and missed.

He was not given a lot of minutes so his production honestly was decent.

If Edmonton needs a guy who will stabilize a 4th line and be a role player he is fine.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
But is he THE body we need?
there's talk of Turris fighting for a spot so maybe things are thin.

With PTO's, even if there isn't much hope of him sticking, there's still a point. I'd assume we're doing a regular pre season so that means split squad games. Sceviour has the chance to show he can still play, and could get a contract with us, or with any team who takes notice (lest we forget Versteeg lol)

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Teams need serviceable depth for injuries etc. He will have to earn a spot (contract) but the same can be said of Perlini , Turris, Benson, Shore, McLeod and Marody. There’s probably only 3 spots up for grabs for all of them.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
May be a cheap 2-way contract to add to the roster when we have to push Klefbom on LTIR, then fill in for injuries.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I mean, nobody's expecting much of anything from a PTO

There's rumblings/speculation that an Oiler isn't vaccinated and is very resistant to the idea (Archibald's name keeps popping up) so I'd keep an eye on him in the next few weeks.

Reactions: Marshall

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I like the direction of the Oilers. Even though they have no goalie, a poor overpaid defense, mediocre supporting forwards that are boom or bust, and are GM'd by a nitwit, they have McDavid on their team.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I like the direction of the Oilers. Even though they have no goalie, a poor overpaid defense, mediocre supporting forwards that are boom or bust, and are GM'd by a nitwit, they have McDavid on their team.

What mediocre supporting forwards are boom or bust? I get Mike Smith is old but it's funny to me how he played like a Vezina candidate last year and every single one of you keyboard warriors must be really good at winning the lottery because you have already decided he's worse than league average. Koskinen literally has slightly above league average the past few years playing behind a much worse defense than today.

Just another excuse to shit on the Oilers I guess, even when you can come in speaking in pure sarcasm without saying a single thing knowledgable.

Reactions: Dempsey

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
What mediocre supporting forwards are boom or bust? I get Mike Smith is old but it's funny to me how he played like a Vezina candidate last year and every single one of you keyboard warriors must be really good at winning the lottery because you have already decided he's worse than league average. Koskinen literally has slightly above league average the past few years playing behind a much worse defense than today.

Just another excuse to shit on the Oilers I guess, even when you can come in speaking in pure sarcasm without saying a single thing knowledgable.

What I stated was irrefutable fact

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
What I stated was irrefutable fact

So is the fact the Avs haven't made it past the 2nd round in over 11 years? The only reason they've been able to build such a competitive team is through being as bad as the Oilers for a long stretch, stacking up draft picks then having MacK be a bust for a few years so they could get a good contract? But I guess that was all part of the plan right. I guess since you pay money on this site you don't need to backup your opinions with anything other than childish remarks.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
So is the fact the Avs haven't made it past the 2nd round in over 11 years? The only reason they've been able to build such a competitive team is through being as bad as the Oilers for a long stretch, stacking up draft picks then having MacK be a bust for a few years so they could get a good contract? But I guess that was all part of the plan right. I guess since you pay money on this site you don't need to backup your opinions with anything other than childish remarks.

Avs and Oilers have been bad equally long and Oilers have had BETTER draft years. No GM has been able to build around their top players, instead overpaying for who they already have on the roster (like Nurse). And they have no NHL-caliber goalie this year. Avs got good by making good trades.

Note: I have nothing against the Oilers and I just felt the Oilers mascot looked funny for my avatar

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Avs and Oilers have been bad equally long and Oilers have had BETTER draft years. No GM has been able to build around their top players, instead overpaying for who they already have on the roster (like Nurse). And they have no NHL-caliber goalie this year. Avs got good by making good trades.

Note: I have nothing against the Oilers and I just felt the Oilers mascot looked funny for my avatar
I get Mike Smith could fall apart. But based on his most recent body of work how is he not an NHL calibre goalie?

:huh:

Reactions: Dempsey

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Good for him Dude was a complete disappointment in Pittsburgh. Glad he's gone. Best of luck though.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006

Well that's good you have nothing against the Oilers. You would have come across as a real idiot otherwise.

You probably hear that a lot though. Relax and have some fun in this thread.

Reactions: Avsboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad