Proposal: EDM / ARI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I honestly don't know what to think of this proposal.

My first instinct was Edmonton would say no because Kassian is playing well and is one of their few physical forwards left. Plus dealing their first 3 picks would take them out of the race for a bigger name deadline add. I think they'd likely be looking at dmen with their 1st considering how strong the Oiler's forwards have been.

But Kessel does have a solid playoff track record.
Crouse has had a nice start to the season, scoring at a 40 point pace, he looks like a good 3rd liner.
Dzingle is pretty meh, I don't know if he has value. Also unsure where he fits in Edmonton's lineup.

So maybe its fair?

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
To Edm
Kessel @50%
Crouse
Dzingle

To Ari
Edm 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick 2022
Turris (Cap purposes)
Kassian (Cap purposes)
Isn't your 2nd this season tied up with Chicago? Also, it's not interesting to me personally. Dzingle has played well in the desert and I'm not looking to be historically bad, just the worst team this season. On top of that, Crouse could finally be emerging as a top 6 power forward, which is both amazing and expensive. I'd do your '23 2nd, '24 2nd, Kassian and Turris for Kessel (50%). Not sure if that helps your cause but I view Kassian and Turris similarly to the Stralman and his costs, plus Kessel at 50% is still a positive rental asset. We gave up a 7th for Stralman, Kolyachonok and a future 2nd for reference.

Totally understand if that's not your cup of tea but Turris and Kassian do nothing beyond help you fit Kessel into your cap.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
The Oiler's first will be 25-32 and the Yotes would probably get a 1st from a bubble team.

Kessel for a 2nd is average, again another team will offer a better 2nd and/or an add.

Dzingel for a 3rd is fair (probably more 4th or whatever)

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'll pass on Dzingle. He's been a guy who can score in a top six role in the past, but we don't have that spot for him. I have time for Kessel and Crouse though. I just don't know what the package looks like to make this deal. I don't think Edmonton has much interest in trading Kassian. They would, but he has value, so it isn't just a "for cap reasons" dump. He's playing well again, and we need more grit, not a swap of the grit we have for new grit. Not to mention that if we are trying to improve the 3rd line, moving Kassian down to the 4th makes more sense than sending him out.

Reactions: snipes

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
I'll pass on Dzingle. He's been a guy who can score in a top six role in the past, but we don't have that spot for him. I have time for Kessel and Crouse though. I just don't know what the package looks like to make this deal. I don't think Edmonton has much interest in trading Kassian. They would, but he has value, so it isn't just a "for cap reasons" dump. He's playing well again, and we need more grit, not a swap of the grit we have for new grit. Not to mention that if we are trying to improve the 3rd line, moving Kassian down to the 4th makes more sense than sending him out.

I was thinking running Foegle - Dzingle - Kessel as a third line would be dynamite. Kind of like when Pits won cups with and offence third line focused around Kessel.

This would lease Crouse and Ryan to anchor a very strong 4th line

Kassian is playing better but I don't think he's worth 3M, maybe 2M. I would be surprised if he got a 3M contract as a FA but if Goodrow can maybe I am wrong lol.

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
I honestly don't know what to think of this proposal.

My first instinct was Edmonton would say no because Kassian is playing well and is one of their few physical forwards left. Plus dealing their first 3 picks would take them out of the race for a bigger name deadline add. I think they'd likely be looking at dmen with their 1st considering how strong the Oiler's forwards have been.

But Kessel does have a solid playoff track record.
Crouse has had a nice start to the season, scoring at a 40 point pace, he looks like a good 3rd liner.
Dzingle is pretty meh, I don't know if he has value. Also unsure where he fits in Edmonton's lineup.

So maybe its fair?

The forwards outside of the top two lines are brutal. D is fine especially if Brodberg can anchor the bottom pairing.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Edmonton is not giving a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for those pieces.. Kassian is not really a cap dump either.. we need him in the lineup.

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
Isn't your 2nd this season tied up with Chicago? Also, it's not interesting to me personally. Dzingle has played well in the desert and I'm not looking to be historically bad, just the worst team this season. On top of that, Crouse could finally be emerging as a top 6 power forward, which is both amazing and expensive. I'd do your '23 2nd, '24 2nd, Kassian and Turris for Kessel (50%). Not sure if that helps your cause but I view Kassian and Turris similarly to the Stralman and his costs, plus Kessel at 50% is still a positive rental asset. We gave up a 7th for Stralman, Kolyachonok and a future 2nd for reference.

Totally understand if that's not your cup of tea but Turris and Kassian do nothing beyond help you fit Kessel into your cap.

Yes I forgot about the 2nd with Chicago, can be deferred to 2023 if that condition happens.

As to your counter I think its a bit high, I would do a 2nd and a 3rd, prob not two 2nds.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Yes I forgot about the 2nd with Chicago, can be deferred to 2023 if that condition happens.

As to your counter I think its a bit high, I would do a 2nd and a 3rd, prob not two 2nds.
Maybe a better deal to to keep tabs on until closer to the TDL? I think Kessel at 50% could fetch a decent sum, especially depending on the cap coming back. If a 2nd and a 3rd are the best we can do when teams are more desperate, I'm down.

Mind you, I am seeing some posts about Kassians game returning and I've only seen Edmonton highlights this season so I may be undervaluing him. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd is a better depiction of the value needed between these 2 teams.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
The forwards outside of the top two lines are brutal. D is fine especially if Brodberg can anchor the bottom pairing.
Foegele and Kassian have both looked good on the 3rd line.

3C is much more of a need than two wingers (Crouse/Kessel). Maybe McLeod can stick at 3C but hes very unproven.

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I think those picks are better used for a 2nd pairing LHD and maybe a goaltender at the deadline.

Right now Kassian is flying. Maybe look back at dealing him in ten games when he disappears.

Then again playoff Kassian + fans is something fun to watch.

I am all over the place with Kassian as you can probably tell.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Not sure why Crouse(LW) to EDM is being discussed at all. They just signed Hyman and Nuge to play LW long term and added Foegele via trade.
I would give up a 3rd\4th for someone like Dzingle as a utility\insurance forward.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Wouldn’t mind adding Crouse but I don’t really see where he fits in the lineup. Not interested in paying for Kessel or Dzingel or whatever his name is

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
It’s about fair. I guess Crouse is probably worth about the 1st and the 3rd, while Kessel is worth about the 2nd.

I wouldn’t trade Crouse for the 1st and the 3rd, personally. But I’d say it’s about fair.

Kessel for the 2nd I’d probably do. A ‘22 3rd and a ‘23 2nd for Kessel at 50% and a cap dump (Turris?) would suit me fine, I suppose.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Not sure why Crouse(LW) to EDM is being discussed at all. They just signed Hyman and Nuge to play LW long term and added Foegele via trade.
I would give up a 3rd\4th for someone like Dzingle as a utility\insurance forward.

Maybe to shift RNH to 3C? I can't think of another reason, either.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
if oilers are looking to go after someone for a 3rd line center position especially from zona it should be beagle if anyone. it would solidify oilers center positioning for all 4 lines, mcdavid, drai, beagle, ryan. it also provides the oilers with someone with playoff experience in what they need. also kassian could play 2nd line hes getting back to his old self so i think yamo could be expendable for a team that needs a mid 6 rw that may be hurting due to cap space or just in general needs to improve the team. yamo does play with intensity and grit but when hes frustrated he ends up with getting a penalty. honestly oilers need to get beagle before the tdl then assess the team down the road. especially with broberg played well in his first start and the whole goaltending situation. skinners been good and kosk might be sent down when smith gets back if skinner continues to out perform him. unfortunately if oilers lose smith for the year theyll need to pull a deal on a goalie thats not griess, korpisalo, bernier, khuds.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
if oilers are looking to go after someone for a 3rd line center position especially from zona it should be beagle if anyone. it would solidify oilers center positioning for all 4 lines, mcdavid, drai, beagle, ryan. it also provides the oilers with someone with playoff experience in what they need. also kassian could play 2nd line hes getting back to his old self so i think yamo could be expendable for a team that needs a mid 6 rw that may be hurting due to cap space or just in general needs to improve the team. yamo does play with intensity and grit but when hes frustrated he ends up with getting a penalty. honestly oilers need to get beagle before the tdl then assess the team down the road. especially with broberg played well in his first start and the whole goaltending situation. skinners been good and kosk might be sent down when smith gets back if skinner continues to out perform him. unfortunately if oilers lose smith for the year theyll need to pull a deal on a goalie thats not griess, korpisalo, bernier, khuds.

Beagle Sucks. We already have a cheaper version in Derek Ryan. Sell that somewhere else.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I was thinking running Foegle - Dzingle - Kessel as a third line would be dynamite. Kind of like when Pits won cups with and offence third line focused around Kessel.

This would lease Crouse and Ryan to anchor a very strong 4th line

Kassian is playing better but I don't think he's worth 3M, maybe 2M. I would be surprised if he got a 3M contract as a FA but if Goodrow can maybe I am wrong lol.

You know, I'm just not sold on Dzingle in that role. Our third line does need a good 3C, but Kassian and Foegle have been playing well there. Foegle has been having issues finishing, but the third line isn't awful. We might have an internal option there in McLeod as well, he needs some time to develop though.

I think Kassian actually would get his current contract as a free agent. We've seen tough, gritty 3rd liners get paid a lot regularly. Kassian is back producing once again so his days as a cap dump are probably gone.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
Beagle Sucks. We already have a cheaper version in Derek Ryan. Sell that somewhere else.

thats my point theres no one available that would be worth taking a chance on from zona, the whole team sucks. i mean kessel could work but really even at 3,4m its not worth it to throw him on the 3rd line.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
It’s about fair. I guess Crouse is probably worth about the 1st and the 3rd, while Kessel is worth about the 2nd.

I wouldn’t trade Crouse for the 1st and the 3rd, personally. But I’d say it’s about fair.

Kessel for the 2nd I’d probably do. A ‘22 3rd and a ‘23 2nd for Kessel at 50% and a cap dump (Turris?) would suit me fine, I suppose.
I think Oilers would do that Kessel is a proven playoff performer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad